blazerelf is offline Associate Member

Is fried chicken bad?

Most people when u talk to them about fried food they quickly thing mc donald, KFC or those foods which we know can damage your health.
    But those food contain transfats and high cholesterol but it doesnt mean that all fried food are like that.
    I'ts possible to do a 0g transfat fried food and from what ive seen in some made already chicken food teh cholesterol is in only 0.5g a decent portion beside when making it on home i could simply use vegetable oil and it shouldnt be bad i guess.

So my question is it bad all fried foods no matter where or how is made? why if it can be made 0 trans and low cholesterol and the total fat is barely 4g in 3-4 good peaces of chicken?Concidering im not oft hsoe who gain fat easily ,an ectomorph

Brewster is offline Member
    There are healthier ways to fry things at home that arn't as bad for you

I would avoid fast food though

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Are you talking about fried food, or DEEP fried food? I sometimes fry food in a bit of olive oil, but deep frying is out of the question regardless of how healthy the oil is (IMO) simply due to the fact that it would simply be saturated with oil and as a result, contain WAY too much fat for any 1 sitting.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    your diet should allow you to cheat from time to time....

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    your diet should allow you to cheat from time to time....
    Oh I agree - it sounded like the OP was gearing more towards fried chicken as part of a regular diet, which would not be a good idea IMO. Cheat meals though? HELL YEA! Bring on the KFC and Popeye's!

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    If you don't eat the skin or crispy park of the fried chicken than it is fine.. The oil does not penetrate the skin and make the meat fatty.. it sits on its exteroir.. Frying makes the chicken WAY more moist since it lockes the water in the middle of the meat from escapig due to the affect of water and hot oil

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    ^^^agree At certain places i've been when there were no healthy options i've taken fried chicken breasts and pulled the skin and breading off. Deep fat frying reguardless of the oil is not a good idea. When something is deep fried the water inside boils out. Thats why it bubbles in the fryer some of this water thats boiled off is replaced with the frying oil.

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    If you don't eat the skin or crispy park of the fried chicken than it is fine.. The oil does not penetrate the skin and make the meat fatty.. it sits on its exteroir.. Frying makes the chicken WAY more moist since it lockes the water in the middle of the meat from escapig due to the affect of water and hot oil
    I disagree - the oil does indeed penetrate the skin making the meat fattier. Not 100%, it's not as bad as eating the (already fatty) skin, but it does compromise the quality of the meat to some extent.

I think the bottom line is - fried food is not the right choice for somebody looking to lead a healthy lifestyle, let alone a BBer.

Thread Information