MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"

Nuts for bulking

So i was wondering what peoples opinions were on eating nuts as a snack through out thhe day while bulking?? I kknow it is high in fat, but is is good fat.. i have been eating about 200g of nuts a day on top of about 1000-1500grams of steak/chicken/fish/pork..

i know that it is 1000 cal, 100g fat/45g carbs/45g protein .. which is a lot of fat.. but is it really that big of a deal? I eat it through out the day, so it is not like i am getting all that fat in one sitting..

Also, is there really that big of a difference between Peanuts/Almonds/Cashews/Pistachios??? the nutritional data looks to be very similar between all of them

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    Depends on your goals, period.

The best type is Deeze. You ever tried them?

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    never heard of them.. oh wait.. i get it haha.. i literally just went to google and tried to look up "deez nuts" haha.. i need to go to bed

tembe is offline Member
    im eating 2 oz of roasted almonds atm per day with a protein shake whilst bulking

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    never heard of them.. oh wait.. i get it haha.. i literally just went to google and tried to look up "deez nuts" haha.. i need to go to bed
    Epic.

It all depends on your caloric needs for the day. Nuts can be a great addition but for a bulk, complex carbs are a much better energy source. Unless you need 4000+ calories, I can't see any benefit to having fat above 100g. Now consider that 20-30g at least will come from your protein intake, another 20g from your carbs, another 8-12g via essential fatty acids, and all of a sudden, I don't see there being much room for snacking on nuts. Maybe 2 oz. (2 servings, about 50 almonds) would be a good addition to your day at this point but beyond that, those calories would be better used towards oats and such if you're trying to get big.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Epic.

It all depends on your caloric needs for the day.
    ^^ this. If you need to get more fats in to reach your alloted fat macro, nuts are great. However, I agree with Damien in that i've found there isn't much need to supplement any fats unless the diet is really high in calories. Granted i'm currently running 2000 calories, but I get every bit of fat i'm allowed just from my foods throughout the day by meal 5, and I have 2 meals left in the day!

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    For me, I snack on almonds through out the day.

LBSOMEIRON is offline Banned
    The day that I count andr weigh my nuts (serious) is the day I cash in my Chips and quit training (serious again).

blastedlooger is offline Junior Member
    I don't think most people absorb all the calories from nuts anyways. I see the cashews I eat in the toilet.

Thread Information