Collier07 is offline New Member

Health Benefits of Watermelon

As watermelon is rich in antioxidants, its consumption is linked to help in preventing and fighting cancer. It contains lycopene, which according to studies prevents some forms of cancer such as prostrate cancer, breast cancer, lung cancer, colorectal cancers and endometrial cancer.

Watermelon is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A and also carotenoid lycopene. These help in neutralizing the free radicals present in the body. These free radicals are the major cause of strokes and heart failure. This fruit is also free from cholesterol that elevates heart related problems hence preventing heart attacks.

Watermelon helps prevent muscular degeneration, which most of the times results in vision loss in elderly people. According to studies, watermelon is healthier for eyes than carrots.

Apart from the about mentioned health benefits, watermelon also helps you to loose weight. Its water content is high and it is low in calories and fat. Hence, consuming watermelon will make you feel fuller at that same time being non fattening.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    idk... I can eat like three watermelons before I feel full. I just have to piss like 6 times lol. Got a link for the watermelon vs carrots claim?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    But watermelon is mostly sugar and very little if any fiber. Compared to other fruits, I don't think the benefits are worth it. You can get the same benefits from other fruits which also have fiber and lower sugar, or supplement the vitamins. Just my .02

Thread Information