RoachForLife19 is offline Associate Member

Good things for Post Workout?

Right now Ive been eating 50g of ON Whey (50p, 6c, 2f) post workout along with some oatmeal (10p, 52c, and 6f)

Looking to mix it up a bit with something instead of the Oatmeal, what are some good suggestions with approx the same nutrition

Thanks

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    So you're doing 2 servings (1 cup dry) of oats - personally I like this best PWO.

What are your goals? Are you looking to gain mass or are you trying to cut bodyfat? Don't say both - tell me which one is the priority. Based on your answer, I can make some recommendations.

RoachForLife19 is offline Associate Member
    The quick version is Im primarily cutting, and building some muscle. Ive been on GH about 6 weeks now, planning to be on 6-9months. Im up to 4iu ED but will soon be at 5iu everyday and most likely stay there. I eat about 2600cals.day on WO days and about 2200 on non workout days.

As for stats Im 6'0" 190lbs. My TDEE is around 3000cal

I am happy with the PWO meal but just hoping for some variety, and thinking another complex carb of some sort. Although maybe occasionally having some pasta or similar would be nice to mix it up.

Thanks

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Ok, for cutting i'm always going to recommend complex carbs, even PWO. You're already doing oats which is great. Other options, although not as convenient - would be sweet potato, yam, brown rice (last choice), quinoa, lentils, beans, etc. One that WOULD be quick and convenient is Ezekiel bread. I used to eat the cinnamon raisin bread PWO, just plain, along with my shake. If you're not familiar with it, you will find it in the freezer section of the grocery store. Problem is they don't all carry it. Whole Foods definitely has it, and i've seen it at Wegman's too.

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    I'm a little different about my PWO carbs. I split my carbs 1/2simple and half complex. I dont' like the idea of putting 50grams of dextrose/malodextrin into my body after a workout, I also don't believe you can refuel your glycogen stores in one meal so i feel that variety is best. A combination of 25g of malodextrin with 25g's from oats or waxey maize seems to refuel me best. Then 1 hour later I usually eat complex carbs either sweet potatoes or brown rice to finish refueling along with some sort of animal protien and fiberous veg

Thread Information