Thread: Diet!!!!!!

mg0922 is offline Associate Member

Question What do u think???

So i have been on this site for about 2 months now and im trying to get educated on my diet and everything i need to know and learn to have a complete successful diet. I have calculated my BMR calories needed for my type. My question is , how can i figure out my calorie intake when i cycle? Im in the process of setting up all my macros as i learned my diet is nowhere near where it should be. I though i had it all setup, untill i got schooled here !!! lol... Im going to figure out and list all my meals w/ macros as soon as i get it set up! but if anyone has advice on how i figure out my cycle calories, id appreciate it. thx.
    oh sorrry, its going to be a bulking cycle so i want to intake as many as needed.
    any advice from where i go from here would be great. critic me!!!!!!!!
    5'10
    bf 12%
    training experience 4 years
    Last edited by mg0922; 11-03-2010 at 06:37 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by mg0922 View Post
    So i have been on this site for about 2 months now and im trying to get educated on my diet and everything i need to know and learn to have a complete successful diet. I have calculated my BMR calories needed for my type. My question is , how can i figure out my calorie intake when i cycle? Im in the process of setting up all my macros as i learned my diet is nowhere near where it should be. I though i had it all setup, untill i got schooled here !!! lol... Im going to figure out and list all my meals w/ macros as soon as i get it set up! but if anyone has advice on how i figure out my cycle calories, id appreciate it. thx.
    oh sorrry, its going to be a bulking cycle so i want to intake as many as needed.
    any advice from where i go from here would be great. critic me!!!!!!!!
    5'10
    bf 12%
    training experience 4 years
    Hey bro, welcome. LoL alot of us came here thinking we had good diets and got schooled! =P Looking forward to seeing yours.

Based on your stats, I think you in a decent position to cycle. Some will argue that you can do more naturally, and I agree - but don't think that's a reason not to cycle. You sound like you have built a decent base, would love to see pics to confirm this.

Do you have any prior cycle experience? Do you have a PCT regimen worked out? What is your proposed cycle and PCT?

Since this is a bulking diet, I would definitely recommend eating a bit above what you normally would on a bulking diet. For argument sake, let's say your maintenance is at 3000 calories/day. I wouldn't go more then 3500 calories on a bulking diet. Your body can only use so much extra to build, and the 'the more you eat the more you grow' idea is bogus. You'll grow allright, but excess nutrients you don't use to build (which there will be) will be burned as energy but also can and will be stored as bodyfat.

On cycle, you'll ideally be raising your maintenance calories due to extra intensity, added strength, and faster recovery and growth. So with that your intake should also increase. I'd probably bump it up another 500 calories or so, no more.

Hope this helps, would love to look over your diet before you start this. GL and keep us posted!

mg0922 is offline Associate Member

Smile replyyy

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Hey bro, welcome. LoL alot of us came here thinking we had good diets and got schooled! =P Looking forward to seeing yours.

Based on your stats, I think you in a decent position to cycle. Some will argue that you can do more naturally, and I agree - but don't think that's a reason not to cycle. You sound like you have built a decent base, would love to see pics to confirm this.

Do you have any prior cycle experience? Do you have a PCT regimen worked out? What is your proposed cycle and PCT?

Since this is a bulking diet, I would definitely recommend eating a bit above what you normally would on a bulking diet. For argument sake, let's say your maintenance is at 3000 calories/day. I wouldn't go more then 3500 calories on a bulking diet. Your body can only use so much extra to build, and the 'the more you eat the more you grow' idea is bogus. You'll grow allright, but excess nutrients you don't use to build (which there will be) will be burned as energy but also can and will be stored as bodyfat.
    On cycle, you'll ideally be raising your maintenance calories due to extra intensity, added strength, and faster recovery and growth. So with that your intake should also increase. I'd probably bump it up another 500 calories or so, no more.

Hope this helps, would love to look over your diet before you start this. GL and keep us posted!
    hey man, thx for the welcome and reply....
    Totally understand what u mean. I wasnt positive but i figured to many calories could be bad . So basiclly my BMR/TDEE is a little over 3000 calories a day with the physical activity i do now. SO bumping it 500 calories sounds like a great idea. Im getting educated now by reading and reading everyones diets just to get a wide scope on everything. I want my diet to be MY diet. Not just copying others. But im getting an idea of how im going to set it up, by the advise given to the ppl who post there diets and what they need to change, and the important aspects of it.

I have done one previous cycle a year ago. It was sustanon 250. 250mg a wk for ten weeks. I was very un educated at the time and in all honesty had no clue what i know now. Didnt even do a PCT!!!! but surprisingly i kept 10lbs.My cycle I have now, which im not going to do until i feel like im 100% ready and have all my ducks in a row.
    wks1-12 test e 500mg a wk Pin mon-thurs
    wks1-10 Deca 250mg a wk
    wks 1-4Dbol 40 or 50mg ED (not sure how much I should take a day??)

PCT
    Exactly 1 wk after last pin
    Clomid100/50/50/50
    Nolvadex50/20/20/20

So thats what I have. What do u think???

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by mg0922 View Post
    hey man, thx for the welcome and reply....
    Totally understand what u mean. I wasnt positive but i figured to many calories could be bad . So basiclly my BMR/TDEE is a little over 3000 calories a day with the physical activity i do now. SO bumping it 500 calories sounds like a great idea. Im getting educated now by reading and reading everyones diets just to get a wide scope on everything. I want my diet to be MY diet. Not just copying others. But im getting an idea of how im going to set it up, by the advise given to the ppl who post there diets and what they need to change, and the important aspects of it.

I have done one previous cycle a year ago. It was sustanon 250. 250mg a wk for ten weeks. I was very un educated at the time and in all honesty had no clue what i know now. Didnt even do a PCT!!!! but surprisingly i kept 10lbs.My cycle I have now, which im not going to do until i feel like im 100% ready and have all my ducks in a row.
    wks1-12 test e 500mg a wk Pin mon-thurs
    wks1-10 Deca 250mg a wk
    wks 1-4Dbol 40 or 50mg ED (not sure how much I should take a day??)

PCT
    Exactly 1 wk after last pin
    Clomid100/50/50/50
    Nolvadex50/20/20/20

So thats what I have. What do u think???
    Great idea, wanting to have YOUR own diet. I just got through arguing with another poster who is asking us to give him a sample diet - when meanwhile there are hundreds already here to learn from. So, thank you for doing your homework first.

As for your cycle - essentially we can conclude that you have no cycle experience since you didn't know what you were doing the first time around. Did you ever go for bloodwork since not running PCT? I would before starting another cycle...

So, going on the idea that you really have no cycle history, I would strongly recommend a test only cycle. You don't know how your body will react to various compounds, and if you are running 3 and have a problem, you won't know which is responsible. I would DEFINITELY cut out the deca. The dbol is up to you, but honestly I think you'd make great gains on a test cycle alone. 12 weeks @ 500mg is a great starting point, pretty standard. Pinning enanthate 2x a week is the way to go.

PCT - pretty standard, textbook stuff. You'd be fine running the nolva at 40/20/20/20 but whatever, 50 won't kill you.

Regardless of what you decide, I would strongly recommend keeping an AI on hand during the cycle to deal with potential estro related sides - i.e. gyno, water retention, etc. I used Arimidex during mine.

GL bro, keep us posted with your progress!

Thread Information