musclestack is offline Productive Member

bust or prove this myth

Does drinking too much coffee slow weight loss? I've read it on other sites where people claim that when they stop drinking coffee, they start to lose more weight.........then again, I read a lot of foolish things on the internet.

Dr.Roidz is offline Banned - peachass!
    If your referring to black coffee then I'm going to have to go with myth.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    YES! caffeine should be cycled as it first speeds up metabolism, then slows it down. Your body adjusts to everything, so the effects stop taking effect after a while and more and more is needed. It creates a dependence. Cycle caffeine and you will see improvements.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by musclestack View Post
    Does drinking too much coffee slow weight loss? I've read it on other sites where people claim that when they stop drinking coffee, they start to lose more weight.........then again, I read a lot of foolish things on the internet.
    I believe this has less to do with coffee and more to do with the crap people are putting in it. Forget just milk/cream and sugar these days, which will already ruin a good cup. Now they have these flavored syrups, etc. - it's not even coffee anymore!

Maybe what Twist mentioned is true - but I think this is as much a part of it.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I believe this has less to do with coffee and more to do with the crap people are putting in it. Forget just milk/cream and sugar these days, which will already ruin a good cup. Now they have these flavored syrups, etc. - it's not even coffee anymore!

Maybe what Twist mentioned is true - but I think this is as much a part of it.
    Yup. Valid point about the detrimental effects of sustained caffeine intake but the cream and sugar is what they're actually cutting from their diets when they remove coffee and thus, are losing weight. It's how the average american can drop lbs. fast by simply switching to diet soda and artificial sweetener. I see these clowns starting their day with Starbucks and having something reminiscent of a milkshake with whipped cream (coffee).

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    I see these clowns starting their day with Starbucks and having something reminiscent of a milkshake with whipped cream (coffee).
    Exactly! The sh!t is like half cream, half coffee, with a ton of sweetner/syrup, chocolate chips, and whipped cream on top! Hello 500 calorie cup of coffee! Imaging a fvcking cup of coffee being 1/4th of my current caloric intake! lol

scotty51312 is offline Transformation Challenge Trainer
    Black coffee for me ever since i had my galbladder removed is an instantanious laxative. So for me it helps aid ummm.... "digestion" lol

tjax03 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty51312 View Post
    Black coffee for me ever since i had my galbladder removed is an instantanious laxative. So for me it helps aid ummm.... "digestion" lol
    I definitely can relate to that, I can't drink coffee before the morning cardio anymore for that very reason.

bigcwithane is offline Member
    ^x222

weknowbobbito is offline Junior Member
    i dont drink coffee period

Thread Information