Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mksk is offline New Member
    hi baseline, your post was really informative.

was just wondering if you tried this regime on a rowing machine?

I was reading earlier how it's difficult to perform this on a treadmill, due to the time it takes to accelerate, etc... but there are no such limitations on bikes and rowing machines (specifically the C2 which I ordered for my home gym).

How does it compare to sprinting up a hill?

I ask because I'd like to get into HIIT, but its -12 celcius frigging freezing outside, and all that drooling from HIIT will probably freeze the minute its on my face.

Thanks.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Thanks baseline - good info.

Just to clarify, LIC would be around 65% of MHR - correct?

Also, I'm a little confused about where to start as far as TDEE while bulking b/c from the last 6 months of experience my TDEE is about 2600, but Katch McArdle and the other calculators have it at over 3000. Pretty big difference - almost 500 cal.

I'll start a thread and see what the others think of this.

Thanks for the help.
    LIC is around 65-70% MHR, however I thing a good test is simply a talk test as this actually shows you how much of an oxygen depletion your body is in at that exact time...

As far as TDEE i dont think you should calculate it... I have preached for some time that the calculations are almost worthless,,,

you will be better shooting for LBM x 15 for a cut

or LBM x 15 + 500 - 1000 cals

It is somthing that you need to run with for a week or two and assess, then make small calorific changes untill you hit the sweet spot of weight loss/gain

Quote Originally Posted by mksk View Post
    hi baseline, your post was really informative.

was just wondering if you tried this regime on a rowing machine?I have but found it took longer than 10-15 seconds to reach true exhauxtion

I was reading earlier how it's difficult to perform this on a treadmill, due to the time it takes to accelerate, etc... but there are no such limitations on bikes and rowing machines (specifically the C2 which I ordered for my home gym).

How does it compare to sprinting up a hill?Nothing compairs to hill sprints! I ask everyone to try the exact routine I call HIIT on the OP and then try and replicate it on any piece of gym equipment... Trust me, you will not replace the hill with a piece of gym equipment

I ask because I'd like to get into HIIT, but its -12 celcius frigging freezing outside, and all that drooling from HIIT will probably freeze the minute its on my face.Wrap up warm and do a good warm up and you will be sweating hot in a few mins,,, drive your car to a Hill, while driving there make sure ur heating is on full blast so that your body temperature is raised and then begin

Thanks.
    SEE BOLD ABOVE

You can do an effecive form of HIIT any gym equipment, but trust me, try the hill sprints and you will see the diffenence

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    I have to agree with Baseline, except for a prowler. Prowler pushes can be done HIIT, other than that. Find yourself a hill.

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Prowler would be good but i dont know many gyms who have them as its not really pratical to have guys pushing a sled around the car park

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    Prowler would be good but i dont know many gyms who have them as its not really pratical to have guys pushing a sled around the car park
    I've done that actually, and it does suck. My gym has about 20 yards of turf for sleds and other conditioning work. (I'm partial to farmer carries)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information