eglassman88 is offline Junior Member

Carbs and Muscle Gain

I'm currently trying to put on mass and without including macros I was wondering if I'm doing good with when I eat certain carbs. Breakfast I have 1 1/2 cup oats workout after that. Have 1/2 cup oats pwo. Sweet potato in my ppwo meal then a meal with a cup of brown rice and either another cup of rice or sweet potato in my next meal. That's what i'm currently doing. Just wondering if I should switch any carb sources out for like lets say a white potato, white rice, or something of that nature. Thanks for all input in advance

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Macros aside, food choices are great. I wouldn't touch a thing unless you get sick of what you're eating. Oats and sweet potatoes are 2 of the best choices out there. Brown rice not as much, but it's fine. Other choices are yam, lentils, beans, quinoa, grits, cous cous, things like that. Don't forget your fiberous carbs too (leafy green veggies mostly).

Definitely do not switch anything your eat now for white anything.

eglassman88 is offline Junior Member
    Ok I figured that and i'm fine with eating all of this. Would u suggest times when eating one would be better than the other i.e sweet potato ppwo instead of oats and why. Also, I have my last two meals with broccoli or asparagus. Thanks for your help bro

Thread Information