Thread: Diet critique

Welshguy1 is offline New Member

Diet critique

Looking to start cutting for summer. Might throw in some ECA/Clen and then maybe T3 when Iv lost around 11 lbs. 1 hour cardio ED on an empty stomach will also be included. Just looking for any suggestions to improve the diet.

Weight : 96kg/211 lbs ~
    Height : 6'1
    BF: 24%

Diet:
    Meal One: 8am

2 Eggs - 126 P13 C1 F11
    6 Egg whites - 90 P21 C2 F0
    Oats (50g) -180 P6 C30 F1

Total 396 P40 C33 F12

Workout: 9-9:45

Meal Two: 10am

Protein Shake (50g) - 222 P54 C0 F0

Total 222 P54 C0 F0

Meal Three: 12pm

Brown Rice (200g) - 222 P3 C46 F1
    Chicken Breast (100g) - 165 P31 C0 F4

Total 387 P34 C46 F4

Meal Four: 3pm

Chicken Breast (100g) - 165 P31 C0 F4
    Brocoli (100g) - 34 P3 C7 F0

Total 199 P34 C7 F4

Meal Five: 6pm

Pasta - (150g) - 102 P0 C37 F0.25
    2 small tines of Tuna - 250 P50 C0 F1

Total 352 P50 C25 F1.25

Meal Six: 9pm

Protein Shake (50g) - 222 P54 C0 F0

Total 222 P54 C0 F0

TOTAL = 1778 P266 C123 F21

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Food choices are good. Overall calories are too low though - you can't starve yourself and expect fat loss to occur. Your TDEE is probably around 2400 - 2500 - you shouldn't be cutting on any less then 2000 calories IMO. I'd actually suggest eating even more then that - you're already doing an hour of cardio which should create quite a deficit as it is.

This is easily solvable by bringing your fat macro up. I'd take one of the eggs out of meal 1, keep it more of a pro/carb meal, remove carbs from meal 5 and replace with some healthy fats (tuna in olive oil would be perfect since you're already doing tuna), make sure meal 6 is a casein shake and add more fat there - 1tbsp of natty PB, a serving of nuts, avacado, etc. How about a few fish oil caps as a supplement as well?

cerealkiller326 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Food choices are good. Overall calories are too low though - you can't starve yourself and expect fat loss to occur. Your TDEE is probably around 2400 - 2500 - you shouldn't be cutting on any less then 2000 calories IMO. I'd actually suggest eating even more then that - you're already doing an hour of cardio which should create quite a deficit as it is.

This is easily solvable by bringing your fat macro up. I'd take one of the eggs out of meal 1, keep it more of a pro/carb meal, remove carbs from meal 5 and replace with some healthy fats (tuna in olive oil would be perfect since you're already doing tuna), make sure meal 6 is a casein shake and add more fat there - 1tbsp of natty PB, a serving of nuts, avacado, etc. How about a few fish oil caps as a supplement as well?

Nicely done gbrice! beat me to it dude. Gotta love the diet guru. IMO I think I would add a little carb with the PWO shake, I don't know maybe a cup of oats or something. Other than that I agree with Gbrice's advice.

OP are you taking Isopur Zero Carb? Looks like the nutr. facts of Isopure...
    Last edited by cerealkiller326; 12-30-2010 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cerealkiller326 View Post
    Nicely done gbrice! beat me to it dude. Gotta love the diet guru. IMO I think I would add a little carb with the PWO shake, I don't know maybe a cup of oats or something. Other than that I agree with Gbrice's advice.

OP are you taking Isopur Zero Carb? Looks like the nutr. facts of Isopure...
    Wow dude, good catch! I actually saw that (lack of PWO carbs) while skimming through the diet and then completely forgot to mention it. I guess the guru is slipping (hence, the gimp)!

Definitely DEFINITELY add carbs PWO, very important IMO. Oats is what I use as well. Just throw em' raw right into the shake, shake it up, chew, repeat!

Blog Entries
    Haha now I know the explanation of the gimp.

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    If you're looking to cut fat aggressively post workout would be the only time I would have starchy carbs. For your other meals replace the carbs with fats. Get a nice variety of them too:fish oil, extra virgin olive oil, fattier cuts of grass fed beef, pastured butter, coconut oil. They all act a little bit differently in your body and they all have a function. Don't neglect fats.

Quote Originally Posted by maxwkw View Post
    If you're looking to cut fat aggressively post workout would be the only time I would have starchy carbs. For your other meals replace the carbs with fats. Get a nice variety of them too:fish oil, extra virgin olive oil, fattier cuts of grass fed beef, pastured butter, coconut oil. They all act a little bit differently in your body and they all have a function. Don't neglect fats.
    Disagree. I totally agree with not neglecting fats, but don't feel PWO is the only time starchy carbs should be eaten even on an aggressive fat loss plan. At the very least, 1st thing in the morning, and surrounding the workout window (pre/post). Everything else can be a combo of fiberous carbs (leafy green veggies, etc) and healthy fats. Just my opinion. I'm not a fan of super low carb diets. If you want to run keto, run keto. Otherwise, eat some carbs!

Welshguy1 is offline New Member
    Sorry I havent replied net was down, Thanks alot Gbrice and the rest of you... Will be starting monday when Im back in the UK! @cerealkiller326 My shakes are from myprotein not quite sure of the title as I purched them a while ago.

Edit : Ill post my revisited diet when I Get home, thanks again!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Welshguy1 View Post
    Sorry I havent replied net was down, Thanks alot Gbrice and the rest of you... Will be starting monday when Im back in the UK! @cerealkiller326 My shakes are from myprotein not quite sure of the title as I purched them a while ago.

Edit : Ill post my revisited diet when I Get home, thanks again!
    Good Luck bro, just thought it was Nature's Best's Isopure. Good quality but really expensive.

mg0922 is offline Associate Member
    Even though they suggest you change meal 5, I was wondering What pasta you eat with NO protien?

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Disagree. I totally agree with not neglecting fats, but don't feel PWO is the only time starchy carbs should be eaten even on an aggressive fat loss plan. At the very least, 1st thing in the morning, and surrounding the workout window (pre/post). Everything else can be a combo of fiberous carbs (leafy green veggies, etc) and healthy fats. Just my opinion. I'm not a fan of super low carb diets. If you want to run keto, run keto. Otherwise, eat some carbs!
    I suppose we'll have to agree to disagree. Personally I do really well on a lower carb diet. That's not to say that everybody does though. When I am losing fat (or advising others on losing fat) I like to start out simple and work their calories downward when plateaus happen I just prefer the drop to come from carbs rather than fats.

Thread Information