karen is offline Junior Member

Question for guys that are lean 225lbs and up

How many calories do you guys eat a day ? I'm just curious. Trying to figure out how much money I'm gonna be investing food wise to reach my goal

Valac is offline Member
    this is a pretty broad question because prices for peoples diet vary greatly, ie salmon is expensive and eggs are cheap as. maybe try posting your diet and perhaps with the help of others you can work out some lost cost calorie meals to help with the overall price spent, i personally have switch from mass amounts of chicken to tuna and eggs. other things such as sweet potato and brown rice are cheap carbs

Quote Originally Posted by Valac View Post
    this is a pretty broad question because prices for peoples diet vary greatly, ie salmon is expensive and eggs are cheap as. maybe try posting your diet and perhaps with the help of others you can work out some lost cost calorie meals to help with the overall price spent, i personally have switch from mass amounts of chicken to tuna and eggs. other things such as sweet potato and brown rice are cheap carbs
    im not too worried about the price of food I found a local place where chicken and steak are less than $3 a pound. I was more interested in knowing how many cals u bigger guys eat. I'm eating 3lbs of steak,6 eggs,9 cups of brown rice,fruit and broccoli as the basis of my meals (5000calories). I try to eat as much as I can ontop of that. I'm bulking from 165lbs right now shooting to be a super-heavyweight
    Last edited by karen; 02-07-2011 at 05:08 PM.

MACHINE5150 is offline "AR's Vanilla Gorilla"
    i am 245lbs 19% BF.. so not lean... i eat 4k calories a day.. 5k is too much for you.. you only need to eat 500 calories more than your TDEE.. much more than that and it will just turn to fat..

Quote Originally Posted by MACHINE5150 View Post
    i am 245lbs 19% BF.. so not lean... i eat 4k calories a day.. 5k is too much for you.. you only need to eat 500 calories more than your TDEE.. much more than that and it will just turn to fat..
    4K a day ! Lol I was expecting 10k I was dreading having to eat so much food but now you've at least put me at ease. thanks bro

no worries... you eat more than i do now.. i eat about 2lbs of steak/chicken a day.. a few cups of rice and veggies.. one or two protein shakes.. i also drink about 2 liters of milk.. although half that is in my protein shakes and is typically not recomended for those seeking lower BF %'s.. google TDEE calculator and then add 500 calories to whatever that is.. that is what you should be consuming.. 1.5-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight is all you need.. you are over doing it...

FireGuy is offline 9/11/2001~343 Never Forget!~E-HOF~RETIRED
    What's your definition of "lean"?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    You will never need to eat 10k calories in your life. At 165lbs, chances are you'll fall somewhere into the 3000 - 3500 range if i'm guessing. The quality of what you eat plays a big role bro, quantity is just a small piece of the puzzle.

no worries... you eat more than i do now.. i eat about 2lbs of steak/chicken a day.. a few cups of rice and veggies.. one or two protein shakes.. i also drink about 2 liters of milk.. although half that is in my protein shakes and is typically not recomended for those seeking lower BF %'s.. google TDEE calculator and then add 500 calories to whatever that is.. that is what you should be consuming.. 1.5-2g of protein per lb of bodyweight is all you need.. you are over doing it...
    Well I used the Harris Benedict formula and it says 3000k a day to maintain myself at 165lbs. I'm going to be honest, I'm 3 days into my cycle that is why I'm eating so much, I'm really trying to squeeze everything I can out of the basic cycle I'm doing I'm trying to at least get to my genetic potential from this cycle

Quote Originally Posted by FireGuy View Post
    What's your definition of "lean"?
    Where abs start to show lol I know this is very vague and most people will flame me for that but that is what it means to me
    Last edited by karen; 02-07-2011 at 06:13 PM.

Somewhere in the thread I missed the info that you were currently 165lbs. I hope the lean 225lbs is a long term goal, very long term. Adding 60lbs of muscle is a monumental task and the grocery bill will pale in comparison to the other $$ you will need to spend to get there. I would suggest making some smaller, attainable goals along the way.

Somewhere in the thread I missed the info that you were currently 165lbs. I hope the lean 225lbs is a long term goal, very long term. Adding 60lbs of muscle is a monumental task and the grocery bill will pale in comparison to the other $$ you will need to spend to get there. I would suggest making some smaller, attainable goals along the way.
    I have no problem spending all of my $$ to reach my goals if giving away paper means I'm gonna achieve what I want more than anything I'm not going to think twice about it

You are still missing the point of my statement. You can spend all the money in the world and still not put on 60lbs of muscle. If you have incredible genetics and are fortunate enough not to suffer any setbacks due to injuries or a host of other issues which can set back your training you may be able to do this in 5-10 years.

You are still missing the point of my statement. You can spend all the money in the world and still not put on 60lbs of muscle. If you have incredible genetics and are fortunate enough not to suffer any setbacks due to injuries or a host of other issues which can set back your training you may be able to do this in 5-10 years.
    Gains must taper dramatically at some point then. Here is my deal. I have gained 25lbs and am leaner than when I started working out 7 months ago and I have not dieted until 3 days ago. I did take a scoop of whey protein powder post workout every time though. I have also started my cycle 3 days ago and am eating 2000+ calories over my TDEE. I thought it wasn't unimaginable for someone to gain 30lbs on a test e and dbol cycle ? Even if I keep 15lbs and I do more cycles how will it take me 6-10 years ? 2-3 years seems more realistic but this is why I'm the one asking the question lol cause I don't know shit yet

Yes, gains taper very dramatically. If it were as you say, I am lean by your definition at 215-220 lbs, I should only need to do two cycles and should be a lean 250-260, three cycles and I would be MR Olympia material. It just doesnt work like that as you will soon see. I wish you luck but you are in for a severe reality check with your current expectations.

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    Gains must taper dramatically at some point then. Here is my deal. I have gained 25lbs and am leaner than when I started working out 7 months ago and I have not dieted until 3 days ago. I did take a scoop of whey protein powder post workout every time though. I have also started my cycle 3 days ago and am eating 2000+ calories over my TDEE. I thought it wasn't unimaginable for someone to gain 30lbs on a test e and dbol cycle ? Even if I keep 15lbs and I do more cycles how will it take me 6-10 years ? 2-3 years seems more realistic but this is why I'm the one asking the question lol cause I don't know shit yet
    What you gained so far are typically called 'n00b gains'. It's relatively easy to gain fast in the beginning for most people, but yes, it most definitely tapers.

It's definitely not unimaginable to gain 30lbs on a test/dbol cycle. However, what makes you think you'll be able to keep 15lbs of that? Without the fundamentals, you won't keep a single pound, trust me. I'm not trying to shoot you down, just being honest and realistic. I don't like seeing people setting themselves up for failure.

Sorry FG, didn't mean to be stepping on your toes. I'll stfu and let you do your thing. =)

^^Not at all, I am happy you are here to help re-enforce my statement!

The fact that you are 18 and just started a cycle worries me man.. put down the steroids and just give it some time.. wait a few years.. juicing at your age can cause a lot of problems. just get your diet and routine down and have some patience... Rome was not built in a day.

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    What you gained so far are typically called 'n00b gains'. It's relatively easy to gain fast in the beginning for most people, but yes, it most definitely tapers.

It's definitely not unimaginable to gain 30lbs on a test/dbol cycle. However, what makes you think you'll be able to keep 15lbs of that? Without the fundamentals, you won't keep a single pound, trust me. I'm not trying to shoot you down, just being honest and realistic. I don't like seeing people setting themselves up for failure.
    well, that is why I'm here

should I make a cycle log or no ?

and thanks fireguy even though it will take a long time to get there it doesn't change my mentality that I want to get there

Quote Originally Posted by invizion View Post
    should I make a cycle log or no ?
    No, you should stop your cycle before it is too late and you have damaged yourself too much.. you are only a few days in so far, so it is not too late to stop, but if you go ahead with your cycle at your age/size/lifting history.. you risk a lot of health issues down the line..

The fact that you are 18 and just started a cycle worries me man.. put down the steroids and just give it some time.. wait a few years.. juicing at your age can cause a lot of problems. just get your diet and routine down and have some patience... Rome was not built in a day.
    I understand but I have a few things in defense to this

I keep my hair buzzed down very short anyways I don't care if it falls out

I have low test anyways I don't mind if I have to go on TRT

I should do more cardio and take supplements for my heart and liver though I admit

only thing left is messing up my prostate right ? also I don't want kids

*edit* I won't make a cycle log though. If you guys don't agree with what I'm doing I'm at least not gonna blatantly go against advice and make a log showing it
    Last edited by karen; 02-07-2011 at 08:07 PM.

Do what you want.. At your age i would have said the same thing.. now that i am older (27) my mind has changed.. i did my first cycle at 19 and 2nd at 20.. so i am not going to give out to you about it, but i will say this.. Lifting was everything in the world to me, until i got a job and had to support myself working 12-14 hour days and lost most of my gains anyways.. my dick works fine and my hair still grows, but my natural test levels are a bit lower than normal which in turn makes me have a lower than average libido.. that and my brothers are all 6'1" or taller and i am barely over 5'10" ...

Thread Information