Thread: Tdee

Ryan121 is offline Associate Member

Tdee

I am not sure how this could be miscalucated...do you agree that his BMR is 2034? Do you agres he should be @ Moderately active 5 days a week? I used the site below to that gave me this figure...what did you come up with?

http://www.bestdallaspersonaltrainer...alculator.html

AGE 27
    WEIGHT 211
    BODY FAT 35
    DAILY ACTIVITY GYM &CARDIO 5 TIMES A WEEK
    DURATION OF TRAINING GYM 1HR CARDIO 1HR

TDEE 3153
    BMR 2034.65
    BMI 36.9
    FAT% 35

ijbickerdike is offline Associate Member
    His BMR is 2138!

Are you a PT if so i would say that his activity level is high but you need his occupational level aswell to figure this out.

What is his lean mass to bf% awell, this does not make sense!

1hr cardio 5days/week would make him highly active in hos activitly leisure time.

One question though,,,,how did you work out his bmi with no height?????

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Based on a much more simplistic (not scientific or 100% accurate but a good starting point) way to determine TDEE, I use LBM x 15. This would put his TDEE around 2100. Now, we have to use common sense - that's a pretty low TDEE for most people. We have to account for activity, however I strong disagree with the above statement 1hr cardio 5days/week would make him highly active - I do 1.5 hours cardio 5 days/week + a 60 minute workout and don't even consider myself moderately active. Why? Because the rest of my day consists of sitting on my ass. Sit to drive to work. Sit at work. Sit to drive home from work. Sit and watch TV for an hour. Go to bed. Wake up, gym (only activity of the day) and repeat.

9 times out of 10 I find that people overestimate and throw the TDEE off by ALOT. I would only consider somebody highly active if they had a similar gym schedule, participated in sports, had an intense physical job (construction for instance), etc.

Thread Information