joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries

Help Keto diet question

Just want so see what you guys think of this diet. Its simple i know.
    5'8
    20% body fat
    calories/protein/carbs

m 1. 6 boiled eggs whole 360/36/0
    m2. beef 85/15 620/58/0
    almonds 1/2 serving 80/5/3
    m3. 6 boiled eggs whole 360/36/0
    m4 beef 85/15 620/58/0
    m5 6 boiled eggs whole 360/36/0

2400cal/224protein/3 carbs from almonds, lots of fat i know, i wanna use to cut the fat, so any suggestions, i never really cut up before, allways been into power lifting and ate like that, also when i eat carbs it only seems to make me more hungry, idk maybe im weird but when i try to eat clean dam i stay hungry.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Sounds boring as hell... how long are you going to be able to eat boiled eggs as a meal? How about some veggies?

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Quote Originally Posted by joebailey1271 View Post
    Just want so see what you guys think of this diet. Its simple i know.
    5'8
    20% body fat
    calories/protein/carbs

m 1. 6 boiled eggs whole 360/36/0
    m2. beef 85/15 620/58/0
    almonds 1/2 serving 80/5/3
    m3. 6 boiled eggs whole 360/36/0
    m4 beef 85/15 620/58/0
    m5 6 boiled eggs whole 360/36/0

2400cal/224protein/3 carbs from almonds, lots of fat i know, i wanna use to cut the fat, so any suggestions, i never really cut up before, allways been into power lifting and ate like that, also when i eat carbs it only seems to make me more hungry, idk maybe im weird but when i try to eat clean dam i stay hungry.
    List the amounts of the beef in meals 2 and 4. If you're constantly hungry, you're going to be STARVING off this diet. I would change the beef to 93/7, and make up for the loss of fat with more almonds; it may aid just a bit in keeping you craving more food all day long. But yea, it IS boring. If you can stick to it, more power to you, but with this much lack of variety, you may find it easier to slip up. What kind of keto are you running? Straight keto throughout? CKD? Palumbo? Best of luck, bro!

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    That is a keto diet and provided your calories are set below TDEE, you'll lose body fat well. However, it's an incredibly boring and unhealthy diet. You're allowed up to 20g carbs per day on even the strictest keto plans and that doesn't include fiber. Take advantage of that and eat a few cups of broccoli and spinach. Beyond that, I'll let Musclestack help you some more, he's a good dude and has experience with the keto diets.

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Thanks for the kind words, Damien.

To the OP, judging by your food choices and the fact that you didn't post your fat macros, I'm going to assume that you're new, not only to keto, but to dieting. No offense, and sorry if I'm wrong. If that's the case, I wouldn't recommend keto for you. I ran keto once after months of research, but if you're unsure about what you're doing, there is a good chance of losing a lot of lbm. You need to get your pro/fat macro split figured out in order to 'trick' your body into using fat as its main source of fuel (ketosis), along with other reasons that I don't really care to go into detail about as it would take me a couple paragraphs lol! I agree with Damien for the most part, but it varies from person to person. Some people can stay in ketosis with up to 50 grams of fat per day; others have a hard time reaching ketosis with 20 grams per day. If you decide to run this diet, I would suggest getting some keto stix in order to confirm whether or not you're in ketosis.

As far as the diet goes, you don't have your fat macros posted, which is going to be the deciding factor of whether or not you lose fat. Remember, just because you're running a keto diet, doesn't mean you can't gain fat if your daily calories aren't in check.

Blog Entries
    Oh yea I know its boring and unhealthy. Im going to take the multivitamin paks and the eggs are the egglands best with the omegas. Yea I know the meat is fatty, and I could use the 96/4 and increase the fat with almonds. I might do that, I didnt think of that for some reason. I was using a similar diet about 2 weeks ago with only 2100 calories and it seemed as if my metabolism was shutting down, so last weeked I added the extra 300 calories and it seemed to kick start the fat lost. Ok I will add some brocoli and green beans and make it a little more tolerable. Hey thanks for you guysresponding, I do appreciate it. Ok the beef comes in a package of four pre-measured patties, Steak burgers, the are each 21 fat, 29 protein, 310 calories and 0 carbs. The eggs are in a bag allready cooked, they are per egg 3.5 fat, 6 protein, o carb, 60 calories.

Blog Entries
    Oh yea, I wanna run the Dave Keto style, Ill carb up on saturday. I know he seems to wanna use whey proteins, but Id rather skip on them.

Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member
    tried this in 2 opposite extremes with the healthier types of keto food (lean beef egg whites almonds for healthier fat). i did 60 / 35 / 5 fat pro carb and 30 65 5 fat pro carb both felt like i made a physical change each and everday. I dont know if its just cause the order i tried them but 2 weekd for the higher fat i felt good little indigestion and good amounts of energy. the higher protein i went zombie mode and had 2 pound 2 xl coffees a day to go to school and gym but lost more FAT.

Blog Entries
    Ishallnocheatmyself,musclestack,gbrice75,Damienm05 , Hey thank you guys for the advice, and I know its boring, but really is it any more boring than chicken and rice or eggs and oats. I just wanna make sure Im not gonna have a heart attack from all the meat fat, but I need the calories and the leaner the meat the more I have to eat it, and Ill be honest unless the meats gotta bun wrapped around it, I dont really like it. So thats one reason I chose the fattier meat. I did in january eat clean, I ate around 130-160 carbs day, all clean oats and rice, and i was loosing weight but it felt like I was getting fatter. Anyways any further tips and Im glad to hear them.

Thread Information