Thread: Deployment Diet

brianrparker is offline New Member

Deployment Diet

6'4 240lbs 19% BF 21 years old mon back tue shoulder wen bi tri thur chest fri leg
    fasted running (30-50mins) if i dont have mission. if i do have mission i run after my workout (30-50mins) everyday except legs or to tired.

Ok here is my BIG BIG BIG problem. The diet part. im currently deployed with the us army. we have a good gym so thats no problem. but our food is lets just say lacking. nothing i can do about it. Im going to have my wife send me some oats because i have a hot water heater. but i need some other ideas. I would hate to make 2-3 meals a day a protein shake but i might have to because of my food problems.

for breakfast they serve some breakfast burrito crap and biscuit and gravy everyday.

for lunch its the fried food hell. Hot pockets onion rings frys chicken wings all the yummy yummy stuff. but they also have s sandwitch bar with cold cut meats. so i normally go with 2 sandwitches with wheat and mustard.

for dinner it could be ok but then it could be really bad. tonight was meatballs rice gravy and a salad. thats considered i ok dinner.

we got clef bars galore idk what you option on those things are but they probably arent good.

i think what i am going to do is

meal 1 9am-10amOats protein powder

meal 2 12am Lunch Sandwitches

meal 3 3pm 1/2 protein shake clef bar

meal 4 5pm-6pm dinner the best choice i can possibly make from what they have to offer

8pm W/O

meal 5 protein shake after workout

Believe me i know this isnt a good diet but im trying to work with what i got. let me know if you were deployed and have some advice for me or if you guys have any advice in general. thanks

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    It isn't ideal to make half of your meals protein shakes, but you definitely aren't going to have access to all of the foods to create an ideal diet. I think you have the right idea by getting some oats and using the protein powder. It might be beneficial to also get yourself a greens powder to bump up your vegetable intake.

Beyond making the best decisions with what you have to work with, I don't know if you're going to be able to do much better...

Thank you for your service.

brianrparker is offline New Member
    almost same thing just a little bit easier to read
    21 240lbs 6'4 19-20%BF Currently deployed with the us army

Workout spread
    Mon Back
    Tues shoulder
    Wen bi/tri forearm Core
    Thur Chest
    Fri Legs Core

Running - Fasted running every day i do not have mission. so maybe 3-4times a week more then 40Mins a time. If i have mission i run after my workout for atleast 30mins. i start my work out at about 8-9pm

My Question is can i loose weight and gain muscle with this workout spread. I know diet is VERY important. but im deployed so it is very very very hard because im limited. Heres what i could do for a diet if i dont go on mission (if i have missions MRE depending on where we go and how long we are gone.)

1st meal (having my wife send me oats) Oats and protein powder

2nd meal 2 sandwitches on wheat bread (normally roast beef or turkey with some mustard and a dab of mayo)

3rd meal i will take a extra sandwitch from the chow hall and eat it on this meal

4th meal Dinner( im subject to what ever they have at the chow hall just have to make my best judgment)

5meal Pre w/o Whey protein

6meal post w/o Casein before bed

If i do that i will come out with about 180-215 protein maybe 150-200 carb depending on the dinner and fats ill try to limit it as much as possible

Let me know what you think i am very limited because im deployed so its hard. do you think i can make some gains and looses with something like this?

Thread Information