billyyb is offline Junior Member

should I keep protein intake the same on my off week?

This week is my rest week, and I was wondering if I should still keep my protein intake the same throughout the week? Also, I usually take a whey protein shake first thing in the morning, but is there any point to this on an off week?

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    What are your goals at the moment? How many "off" weeks do you have?

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    I don't know....is there any point to an off-week?? Seriously bro, what's with taking an entire week off training? I'm not going to get into all the reasons why this is a bad idea; you can do a search for yourself. But I can tell you that you need to keep your muscles stimulated, or you will definitely back-track. Rest day (or two)=good. Rest week=(bad).

Sorry, I don't even remember what the actual question was. I got really side-tracked after reading.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    I dont think a week off is a bad thing, maybe 1 every 4 months is a good idea. Maybeprotein PWO is not needed so prob just stick to 1 gram per pound on your off week, I'm sure 45grams /day won't make much difference.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I don't change protein intake much at all. Only energy (fat/carbs) change depending on the goal, on/off, etc.

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Nothing wrong with a rest week once in a while. You arent they guy that posted doing 3 weeks on one rest week are you?
    Often times my rest periods simply mean cardio only. I like to keep in the habit of doing something. When i first started doing this years ago i rember going on vacations and how hard it was to get back on track. Also i lost a LONG time due to car accident injury...again tough getting back on track.
    As far as protein intake - i suppose you could recalculate daily totals and adjust...but damn its really isnt gonna matter that much ..i mean unless you are cutting in which case you would be below maintenance anyway and should prob still do cardio. For as often as a rest week occurs...unless on a cut(which prob isnt time for a rest ) i wouldnt sweat it...

musclestack is offline Productive Member
    Sorry to hijack, OP. Could someone explain to me why a whole week of resting would be beneficial? I've never read anything that suggests a rest period this long would help. Seems like a lot of guys in this thread feel differently. Can anyone tell me about any benefits, besides psychological/mental, that this rest period would provide?

Thread Information