hillbill78 is offline Associate Member

Cool todays diet, i want to know if im doing the right thing

sorry to go on as i have already made a few posts about diet etc but wanted to post up todays diet to see what you guys think.

meal 1: 1 cup oats, 25g usn pure protein, table spoon peanut butter, blended with skimmed milk. small bowl of pineapple and melon.

meal 2: (post workout) 50g USN pure protein

meal 3: 2 thin turkey breasts, half cup brown rice, 1 avacardo pear.

meal 4: tin of whole tomatoes cooked with green peas and garlic, tin of tuna.

meal 5: salmon fillet, 4 heads of brocoli.

meal 6: 1 scoop usn pure protein.
    BED

goal is to obtain muscle and drop b,f levels from roughly 16% (i guess) to 8-10%
    to get a nice set of visible abs. i am going for 1 hour runs 3 times a week and weight train 4-5 times a week split muscle groups, also as from tomorow i am starting clenbuterol .

thanks again :]
    Last edited by hillbill78; 03-24-2011 at 01:54 PM.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Your food choices are good but the diet as a whole is poor. You have a breakfast with tons of carbs - high GI, low GI, complex, simple, fructose, lactose - you name it that also contains fat. Also, a PPWO meal that contains fruit, fat, and rice. Meanwhile, your other meals contain no energy at all. Also, you're last meal is a fast-acting protein supplement that's supposed to provide sustained nutrition over 8 hours of sleep.

Carbs to fuel activity, fat to spare protein later in the day. Re-distribute like this:

1: 15-20g protein via meat/eggs, 1 scoop protein, 1 cup oats (no milk, PB, fruit)
    2: 2 scoops protein, 1/2 cup oats, 2 oz. pineapple
    3: 6 oz. turkey breast, half cup brown rice
    4: tuna, fibrous greens, 1/2 avocado (the peas/tomatoes have more sugar than broccoli, asparagus, kale, etc)
    5: 6 oz. salmon, Broccoli, 1/2 avocado
    6: 1 scoop casein powder with 1 tbs PB OR 1 cup 1% cottage cheese with 1 tbs PB

Most important of all is tracking cals/macros. You can't cut to a low bf% without consistently tracking everything that you put in your mouth to the tee.

^^^^ Exactly.

What you have posted above might be an okay diet to get you from 16% to say 14% but then your BF reduction will stall.

Tracking every cal and macro is a must if you want to get to 8% or 10%.

Everything you put in your mouth needs to be for a purpose based on your bodies' needs at that time of day, not b/c it tastes good or you enjoy it or want it.

IMO, PB, fruit, and milk (even skim) have no place in a strict cutting diet. Peas are not a good vegetable choice either, you want to stick with fibrous veggies not starchy veggies.

Good luck bro.

hillbill78 is offline Associate Member
    cheers guys, im going to stick to a diet like this for a couple of weeks see how i get on, then after that might step it up to the next level and get more and more strict. do you think this diet is good for still gaining lean muscle and not loosing muscle mass just b,f ??
    thanks again

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Dude, that diet isn't good for any goal, lol. No reason not to change it to the layout I provided ASAP. It's inferior in every way.

Thread Information