lextsy is offline New Member

New Members Diet and Workout

Hey All,

After lurking for so long and starting up at the gyme recently I would love some advice or opinions to help fine tune.

Im 30, 6 foot and 85 kilos. Not very muscly and most of my fat around hips. I estimate myself to be 16% bf (wild guess)

Anyway I basically do

Monday : 20 mins cardio bike and running hr @ about 160ish followed by 1 hour body pump

Tuesday : cardio with semi all over weights training (delts, chest, arms, back)

Wednesday: repeat monday

Thursday : repeat tuesday

Friday : cardio only

sat sun : no workout

Diet: After watching Milos *** dvd im having about 220g protein daily

Brekky 165grams turkey mince with zuchinni
    Lunch : same as brekky
    Dinner : same as lunch

I will mix up the meat and go from turkey to pork to lamb etc.

Essentially half kilo meat per day for about 800 calories, zuchiini another 100 calories

then for snacks ill have 3 protein shakes a day @ 45 gram protein about another 500grams protein.

Im currently on hydroxycut hardcore which i believe helps with energy, sweating and metabolism.

Ive been doing this for 3 weeks and have lost about 2kilos and muscles are getting alot harder. Ive just ordered clen and taurine from lion and will let it sit there until i feel the need for a boost or see a plateau.

I believe all the additional crap has to be ontop of a solid diet and consistent workout.

Id love some advice on my diet and workout to maximise or to ramp it up when things get slow again

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Here is a list of most major flaws in your diet:

1. I see that you are not getting any carbs when I look at your diet. How do you think you are going to build solid & permanent muscle mass without a healthy amount of complex carbs with almost every meal? You realize zuchinni is not a carb source, right? Good complex carb sources for a BB are oats, brown rice, wild rice, Bulgur (cracked wheat), Whole-wheat pasta, lentils, beans and etc. Unless you support your daily protein intake with these carbs, you will be basically shitting out all of that protein, which also stands for waste of your time and money.

2. Your diet targets only various meat and protein shakes as protein sources. That is no good for neither muscle growth nor general health. You should certainly introduce eggs and fish to your diet. Eggs are the purest form of natural protein available in nature with the highest rate of NPU (Net Protein Utilization) followed by fish. Not only eggs are also relatively easy to digest, they are also cheap, highly accessible, can be purchased in bulk and kept in the frigde for a relatively long time and can be consumed in various dish forms (hard-boiled, scrambled, omlette etc.)

3. Make sure you eat as the first thing in the morning. I strongly reccomend eggs & oats for breakfeast and and PWO shake about 30 mins. before you hit the gym (that is if you are working out in the morning). Drink your second shake immediately after your workout and eat a macro meal about 60 mins. after your workout is over. Make sure you eat a macro meal every 2.5-3 hours during the day, and drinking a small shake in between meals is generally a better idea for anabolism than drinking shakes with your already protein including macro meal.

6 foot and 85 kilos with 16% BF stands for poor stats. You can easily start building lean and permanent muscle, however, if you follow a solid diet and intensify your workout overtime. Your current workout plan is far from a BB workout plan IMHO, but from what I understand, you are still going through adaptation phase and your future workout scheme will look quite different from what it is now? Otherwise, this is a really poor and not well planned workout for bulding and maintaning muscle. You should always aim for intense workout programs where your weight training ideally takes less than 60 mins. and a following cardio workout is a matter of personal choice. Lastly, you should be also performing a leg workout. Legs are the largest and strongest muscle group in your body and excluding them from your workout will lead you to a very much undesired destination where it is only your upper body that is doing all the growing over time with a pair of skinny white legs hanging like socks from your body. Not to mention during a leg workout immense levels of both testosterone and growth hormone are relased, which will result in increments in general strength, muscle growth and explosive power. Spare a day for a leg workout and don't leave the gym before you can hardly walk anymore. That way, at least some of your high daily protein intake has somewhere to go.
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 03-31-2011 at 06:49 AM.

lextsy is offline New Member
    Thank for taking the time to reply. I will add some
    Physilluim husks in for fibre and beans for carbs. Also eggs too.

I'll also revisity workout when the time
    Is right

Thread Information