strong_web is offline Associate Member

Wonders of Oatmeal

Healthy Hearts:
    By combining soluble and insoluble fibre, oatmeal lowers bad cholesterol. Daily intake of 3 gms of soluble fibre from oatmeal reduces risk of heart diseases.

Stabilized blood sugar:
    With a low glycaemic index oatmeal is assimilated slowly, keeping sugar levels stable.
    Recommend a daily fibre intake of 20 - 35 gms. One cup of cooked oatmeal supplies 4 gms

Cancer:
    High fibre content of oats is anti carcinogenic, effective especially for colon cancer. Whole oats result in bulky stool, which in turn dilutes carcinogens.

Enhanced fitness levels:
    Oatmeal helps in fighting obesity as its soluble fibre slows down digestion, thus increasing the sense of fullness.

Incorporating Oat Diet
    Fibre should be soluble fibre. One way to incorporate oats in diet is to consume a small bowl of oat meal porridge every day. Another way is to use rolled oats and normal oats in cookies or in granola or muesli bars or in other such snacks.

So start on your oat diet and see positive change in your life.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Nice post, staple part of any breakfast IMO.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I never go a day without eating oats... love em!!!

Christopher_UK is offline Junior Member
    Good info there, didnt know any of that about oats, I just knew oats are good carbs and its what us bodybuilders eat to get clean carbs for energy before we hit the gym. I usually have two bowls a day, one with breakfast, and one maybe for dinner before gym.

Do you guys think its best to eat oats with or without semi-skimmed milk, if your cutting?

I am big with oats, first cause its cheap!!!!
    and damn easy to make, and as one of my post I HAVE UP, I am trying it in hamburgers.

And for you CHRIS UK, I seen guys use protein powder to add taste, I like water, and for the skimmed milk I am sure this will work out fine for cutting, but I WOULD still hit up the water

Cyclehard is offline Associate Member
    Can't be any oats, like rolled outs are fast burning. Need to do steel cut.

Steel-cut oats are whole grain groats ,lower glycemic in steel oats, But depending on time, cause steel oats take time to cook.(18minture avg)

Your right about faster burning when using quick oats, steel oat will stable blood sugar levels, and a longer-lasting, steady flow of energy
    Last edited by strong_web; 04-24-2011 at 04:41 PM.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_UK View Post
    Good info there, didnt know any of that about oats, I just knew oats are good carbs and its what us bodybuilders eat to get clean carbs for energy before we hit the gym. I usually have two bowls a day, one with breakfast, and one maybe for dinner before gym.

Do you guys think its best to eat oats with or without semi-skimmed milk, if your cutting?
    I steer clear of milk during a cut due to the sugar content. 12g/1 cup - you can be getting 12g of carbs from a better lower GI source.

Damienm05 is offline Productive Member
    Sometimes I microwave a bowl of oats and dip my wiener in. Real nice. Give it a shot.

Nephets is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Damienm05 View Post
    Sometimes I microwave a bowl of oats and dip my wiener in. Real nice. Give it a shot.
    Ah, carb intake through osmosis. I'll give it a try. Should slow down the sugar break down even further. Alway pick up good tips here.

Cyclehard is offline Associate Member
    Sometimes I make em the night before, add some H20 in the am, throw em in the microwave and they're good to go. Sometimes I even throw eggs right into the pan when they're almost done cooking and it tastes pretty damned good.

I may try this with my eggs tomorrow, but with one minture oats?????

Christopher_UK is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    I steer clear of milk during a cut due to the sugar content. 12g/1 cup - you can be getting 12g of carbs from a better lower GI source.
    I've always just had milk because I think oats taste nasty with water, so milk is the only way I can do, but, having said that, I'm willing to force myself to eat oats without milk because of what you've just said, but at the same time, if you checkout my cutting post that I posted other day, am not sure if I can afford to lose the carbs/fat as I'm currenting eating Carbs = 187g, Fat = 99g, and I'm 275 pounds approx, and I'm a pescaterian.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher_UK View Post
    I've always just had milk because I think oats taste nasty with water, so milk is the only way I can do, but, having said that, I'm willing to force myself to eat oats without milk because of what you've just said, but at the same time, if you checkout my cutting post that I posted other day, am not sure if I can afford to lose the carbs/fat as I'm currenting eating Carbs = 187g, Fat = 99g, and I'm 275 pounds approx, and I'm a pescaterian.
    Maybe put some splenda in it, and maybe some kind of nut, or natrual peanut butter, notsure how this would taste. but atless you got some of that carbs back, will and extra fats you don't need.

Thread Information