Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member

Bicep shrinkage?

Hey guys/gals. I've been killing it at the gym and diet and cardio lately (almost three straight weeks). I started out with 19 inch arms and I measured today and I was at 18 1/2in. I'm guessing this is due to losing weight (down almost 10lbs), my question is how long will this continue? Thanks for the help

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    bump
    Last edited by Turkish Juicer; 04-26-2011 at 01:06 AM.

No one can possibly have a precise answer to your question ''how long will this continue.''

You are supposed to be loosing a significant amount of both BF and water due to drastically increased cardiovascular training as well as cutting carbs, which will result in overall weight loss. So, I am not sure if you are correctly addressing this process when you say ''bicep shrinkage'' in particular. I am sure you will see similar results when you measure different parts of your body that you are in fact getting smaller in size, which is what ought to happen during cutting.

As long as you maintain a high pro diet and not overtrain, you should be able to maintain your current muscle mass to a large extent. Over the years, I have witnessed my body reacting excellently to a mixture of intense cardio and low volume weight training. This is probably because I have a slow metabolism and nothing but intense cardio seems to be accelerating it at this point. Low volume weight training along with it prevents me from overtraining my body and allows me to make lean gains while maintaining a lower rate of BF.

Buddhabody is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Thanks for the info, appreciate the knowledge.........

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    As stated above, this is most likely due to water and fat loss. This is a good thing! Just make sure you're keeping up with your nutrition, and monitor your strength, particularly with bi workouts as this is another indicator. If you're maintaining strength, I wouldn't worry much at all.

You should also psychologically prepare yourself to your new smaller look. It is a trade-off: you are trading size for definition. It has many advantages IMO. First and foremost, you shall feel less stress on your joints due to the overall weight loss, which is a great feeling. Second, it is also psychologically relaxing for a BB to witness that he can operate without as much food intake and look better than before. Lastly, one looks more muscular with more definition at any rate, regardless of the fact that he is now lighter according to the scale.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    You should also psychologically prepare yourself to your new smaller look. It is a trade-off: you are trading size for definition. It has many advantages IMO. First and foremost, you shall feel less stress on your joints due to the overall weight loss, which is a great feeling. Second, it is also psychologically relaxing for a BB to witness that he can operate without as much food intake and look better than before. Lastly, one looks more muscular with more definition at any rate, regardless of the fact that he is now lighter according to the scale.
    ^ ^ this is great advice. The only (perceived) negative is you will look smaller with clothes on. Don't let this freak you out. Let the fatties look good with clothes on, and you'll look great on the beach.

Thread Information