Thread: oat flour

kalspic is offline Senior Member

oat flour

i was shopping at the store the other day and saw in the organic food section oat flour. the only ingrediant is whole oats. so i i bought a bag of it for 6 buck(little pricey) but 1/3 cup has about the same macros as a 1/2 cup whole oats. for those who,like myself, dont really like downing chunks of oats you can try this for a smoother texture.

maxwkw is offline Associate Member
    Oat flour is the same thing as regular oats, just ground into a powder. You can make it yourself with a food processor.

Gucks is offline Member
    food processors arent gr8 for grinding whole oats, coffee bean grinder are really good (havent used 1 because i buy my oats ground the same as you, but my m8s have). where i amu only save 50c per kg of oats buying them whole over ground. a descent coffee bean grinded is about 30-40 so its worth buying them ground i think.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by maxwkw View Post
    Oat flour is the same thing as regular oats, just ground into a powder. You can make it yourself with a food processor.
    never knew this......interesting.....

kalspic is offline Senior Member
    true, but i dont have a coffe grinder nor do i really want one. the extra cost to buy them ground doesnt bother me in the least. just a though for everyone. also they could work better then blender ground oats in peoples pancakes, get a better texture

strong_web is offline Associate Member
    I use my blender to grid them up, when I make protein bars, but it take awhile to blend, so if yu go this way you should do alittle bit at a time.

Thread Information