boss66 is offline New Member

Football Player Needs Diet Advice (new)

I have been working out for about 5 solid years now I am 20 years old and I play D-1 football. I am a bigger guy because I am an O-lineman. I want to continue to gain mass and strength which is not a problem for me right now at all but I need to do it in a healthy wayand maybe cut down on some body which i'm sure a healthy diet will fix. I'm obviously a college student so I have pretty much eaten unhealthy for the last year and would like to try and change that around. I cant have a super strict diet where I need to cook so much food it's just not realistic but some advice on what readily available foods would be a good PWO meal and what foods to maybe keep around, how many meals a day etc. Please I need some help here.

My stats are
    Height: 6'3"
    Weight 270lbs
    BF: 15-16%
    All natural

Jonesyy is offline Junior Member
    The answer is a bit more complicated than simple instructions. Read the threads at the top of the forum, do some research, people here are great with advice but they are no substitute for learning everything you need to know and working it out yourself. From there you can ask to get it checked out and then go for it. I did this, and 2 weeks into my new diet I'm 6lbs up.

Good luck.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome.

To get started please post the actual foods you do eat so the members can review what you are doing.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

I don't have a diet, I eat 2 or 3 big meals and have never counted calories in my life. I don't even know where to start. I'm a college student so I can't cook on a Bar b q 9 months out of the year cuz i live in a dorm, or have alot of the foods around that other experienced BBer's with a strict diet can do. I am going home soon and can stay on a pretty strict diet but 9 months out of the year i kind of can but not really, I would need to know what foods are readily available without to much preparation and other things like Post and Pre workout meals. Can you help me out on a legit diet for the next three months and I guess a modified diet while i'm away at school.

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Welcome.

To get started please post the actual foods you do eat so the members can review what you are doing.
    The thing is I eat whatever is around nothing imparticular at all. I am 20 a college student and live in a dorm alot of late night snacking and alchohol. I usually eat subway, pasta, chicken, pizza, basically anything in the cafateria. I have never had a problem gaining or losing weight. I have stuffed my face and gained 25lbs in a month obviously not the best weight. I have also cut back ate healthy and with 4 hour a day workouts lost 37 pounds in about 45 days.

Jonesyy is offline Junior Member
    Well first you need to learn how to use a cooker lol. You're going to have to learn how to cook for yourself eventually.

Watch these videos

When you have done that you should have a good idea how to sort yourself out. Sounds like you could have a good balance of body types if you can change your body mass that quickly. After watching the videos you should be able to read nutrtional values on packaging and have a good idea what it means for your body, and which are basically a waste of money.

1 thing though. People aren't just going to waste however many hours out of their lives to help you if all you keep saying is you want a diet. They aren't slaves, they're hear to help you learn and see the benefits of it. I'm 20 and I can cook and eat properly. So can you.

Incidentally, the diet I may is about £15 a week... $25 to you? Maybe. Half of it needs little preparation and can be made easily. Supplements, you can make them last a while if you want to.
    Last edited by Jonesyy; 05-12-2011 at 04:57 AM.

Thread Information