PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member

I have question about my current macronutrients

Hello I did 5 month bulk and made some gains, but got fairly high bf % like 18.

I workout 4 days a week and I try to allways work as hard as I can.

My macronutriens are now like this: 300 g prot, 370 g carbs, 90 g fat, 3500 calories daily.

I'm doing also cardio 3-4 times a week , because my gym isn't open on weekends for summer.(20 mins HIIT + 25 mins medium speed.

So I found this calculator for fatloss on oficcial bodybuilding site and did some research on macronutrient ratios for cutting.

I found ratio: 40 % prot, 40 % carbs, 20 % fat to suit me well and macronutrients look like this for fat loss: 294 g prot, 294 g carbs , 65 g fat ,2938 calories.

So my question is that can I drop my first macronutrient amounts to macronutrient amounts that I got from that fat loss calculator? P.S I'm currently natty so don't advice me to bump my protein intake till heaven.
    Last edited by PurpleOnes; 06-13-2011 at 11:37 AM.

marcus300 is offline ~Retired~ AR-Platinum Elite-Hall of Famer ~
    Run your calories at maintenance at a 40/40/20 split and start cardio to increase the expenditure of calories, this will be far better at preserving muscle tissue if you attack your body fat via cardio (60-70% of your max heart rate for 45mins 4 x week) while running maintenance cals. Once you start coming to a slow down with your results you can start looking at a calorie deficit of around 500cals from your maintenance. No need to adjust things drastically otherwise the body will fight back. Reducing cals is a very important step in controlling bodyfat but at first IMHO you should try using cardio to create a calorie deficit then start looking at reduction. Its all about calories in calories out.

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Do I need to change my maronutrients like protein,carbs,fats with in every lost kg?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    No your macros will be Lean body mass (LBM) dependent so you need to monitor your BF to know this...

LBM x 15 = maintenance calories (approx) and this is a good place to start IMO
    Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Thread Information