ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries

how do you cook your sweet potatoes?

Looking to incorporate this into my diet? Anyone have any suggestions to how to cook it?

PurpleOnes is offline Associate Member
    Sweet potatoes are just like normal potatoes, but they will be cooked faster. Just chop them like regural potatoes.

I want to try sweet potatoes, so bad. They are really expensive here in Finland.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    It's my favourite pre workout carb by far. But I don't particularly like the taste of it. Boil and mash with my veggies and add pepper.

randymeans is offline Associate Member
    put a wet paper towel around it in a bowl for like 7minutes then peel it and smash it, then put a half banana in with the potato and smash it too, add cinnimon and a few crushed pecans and thats it! what u think??? its 1 of my fav recipes

djdizzy is offline Associate Member
    On weeknight because of time constraints I microwave them, if I have more time I prefer baking them.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Microwave and mash. Add a bit of no calorie butter spray and cinnamon... golden!!!!

Also, sweet potato fries - salt, pepper, and paprika!

Papiriqui is offline Productive Member
    Good to know!!

D7M
    D7M is offline AR-Elite Hall of Famer (RETIRED)
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by djdizzy View Post
    On weeknight because of time constraints I microwave them, if I have more time I prefer baking them.
    Yep. Same here...

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    i slice them into french fry like pieces and then EVOO, cajun spices, cinnamon, and a lil smoked paprika. put them on a baking pan for about 20-30 minutes and BAM! i also like to make sweet potato hash where i take a cheese grater and grate the sweet pot. then, spray butter/or olive oil, spices, onion, bell pepper, celery, and mushrooms. sometimes i top that with fat-free sour cream, money!

Quote Originally Posted by randymeans View Post
    put a wet paper towel around it in a bowl for like 7minutes then peel it and smash it, then put a half banana in with the potato and smash it too, add cinnimon and a few crushed pecans and thats it! what u think??? its 1 of my fav recipes
    this is another one that i like to do! many people do not know the secret about the banana!

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    microwave or cut into fries...dip fries in egg white and put them in oven on baking sheet covered in cooking spray ...amazing. I got that recipe on here...its awesome.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    I usually slice them up nice and thin and cook them in the oven for about 40mins. Adding a variety of spices...

What's the trick with the bannana?

Doctapeppa is offline Junior Member
    I microwave mine like 7 minutes and then cut it into chunks and put some natty pb or almond butter on it. That or I do cinnamon, splenda and low fat reddi whip.

Blaz Kavlic is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jimmyinkedup View Post
    microwave or cut into fries...dip fries in egg white and put them in oven on baking sheet covered in cooking spray ...amazing. I got that recipe on here...its awesome.
    Oo la la. I've got a mammoth sweet potato resting peacefully in the pantry. I'm trying this tomorrow!

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Blaz Kavlic View Post
    Oo la la. I've got a mammoth sweet potato resting peacefully in the pantry. I'm trying this tomorrow!
    Its delicious. Couple tips - beat the egg white till its "frothy" - dry off fries before you dip them in it - and be very generous with cooking spray ...enjoy! Wish i could remebr who posted the original recipe - like i said got it here....

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    I usually slice them up nice and thin and cook them in the oven for about 40mins. Adding a variety of spices...

What's the trick with the bannana?
    when mashing the sweet potatoes, add a banana in there for extra zing! just flavor and more carbs. i do this sometimes after a long run or bike

spoonta66 is offline Associate Member
    Bake on the oven rack in their own skins (whole) for about 45 minutes on medium/high heat. leave in the fridge and just nip one end off and squeeze out all the yummy goodness.

ramacher is offline Member
    Blog Entries
    due to time constraints, i bought a frozen pack of sweet potato fries from the store and bake 4 oz in the oven. What else do they add to them compared to fresh cut slices?

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Usually cut into chunks and microwave in a tupaware container with the lid on

I like making spicy potato wedgies with them or...

Cook equal quantities of White and sweet potato and mash together... Fry mustard seeds, chilli and spring onion and then mix that into the mash, adding coriander at the end is nice if u like it

Don't be a 'Bro'..... Believe nothing....Question everything

Baseline - Working to phase out this generation of Bro-Scientists

Stop over thinking nutrition - If you want something to think about download Myfitnesspal and learn how to count macros

Doctapeppa is offline Junior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ramacher View Post
    due to time constraints, i bought a frozen pack of sweet potato fries from the store and bake 4 oz in the oven. What else do they add to them compared to fresh cut slices?
    Read the ingredients. I saw some sweet potato fries in the store once and the ingredients were terrible. They almost didn't have any potato in them and had fat in them.
    Microwaving a sweet potato is faster than baking frozen ones, for sure, so if you have time constraints a microwaved sweet potato is way better. If you want to save even more time microwave enough sweet potatoes for a few days and store in the fridge already cooked.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    theres a place where i live calld "sweet potatoes" and they serve sweet pot salad where its like pot salad and they add spices one of which is dill.. fantastic.. only prob is the mayo..

Thread Information