Dpyle is offline Productive Member

Any opinions and help would be greatly appreciated

Current stats are 26, 165,and bf is around 20%. Current diet reads as follows.
    Breakfast 6:30 or 7
    6 xl eggs (2 whole,4 whites) and 1/2 cup(before cooking) rolled oats.
    35.1 pro, 27.3 carbs, 14.1 fats, 380 total cal
    Meal 2 10:30 -11:00
    7oz chicken breast, 4oz whole grain pasta
    75.1, 85.5, 16.9, 785
    Meal3 (about 2 hours prewo varies depending on work) is same as meal 2 this is also my pre wo meal
    Meal 4 ppwo around 7:00pm
    6oz eye of round steak and half cup of brown rice(measured before cooking)
    58.2, 71.4, 9.3, 619

This yields a total of 243.9 pro, 269.7 carbs, 57.2 fats, and 2569 total calories

I also include 1/2 cup raw spinach with breakfast, 1 cup spinach with meal3, and 1 cup spinach or broccoli with meal 4. However those didn't get included in the macros.
    Also not added in are a 50 gram shake upon waking at 4am and another 50g shake pwo.
    Any advice would be great.

Just thought I'd give it a bump

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Welcome to the diet forum

What are your goals? If cutting, then cut out the pasta.

Good luck~
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Shooting for more of a lean bulk. Hoping to drop bf while gaining lean mass at the same time. So far I've managed to gain about lbs in the past month and half.

It kinda comes down to this.

Either you cut or either you bulk. To do both is extremely tricky. And to try to do both requires spot on food choices at the perfect time of day with very little if any, leeway.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

That's what I was afraid of (just wishful thinking on my part). In that case I'm just shooting for a bulk. Maybe another 15lbs before trying to cut.

If you are 20% BF are you certain you want to bulk first? Seems you might want to cut first and then bulk. Any reason for this?
    Author Unknown

Ok so in an effort to make this a little more of a cut I have replaced the pasta and rice with half of a sweet potato to knock the carbs down a bit. I don't have the macros for the substitution at the moment but it should bring my carb total down quite a bit.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    If you are 20% BF are you certain you want to bulk first? Seems you might want to cut first and then bulk. Any reason for this?
    Agreed. Dropping the bodyfat first is the way to go. Take it from a guy who's smack dead in the middle of it. Trying to add mass now, especially with the fact that you don't really know what you're doing with regards to diet (no offense) will almost definitely yield some fat gain. Then you'll have to cut that much more, and will probably lose any gains you make in the process.

20% bodyfat is relatively high, and very high for this game if a muscular lean physique is your ultimate goal. My suggestion is you focus on dropping bodyfat whilst maintaining LBM; add mass later on after you're already lean.

Do you have pics so we can see what we're dealing with?

Haven't been able to get any pics up at the moment. I'm online on my phone 95% ofthe time and haven't found a way to upload from it but I'm hoping to have some up in the next couple days.

And no offense is taken. I don't know what I'm doing which is what brings me here for advice. Thank you all for offering a helping hand.

Alright gb. Thanks to the new app I can finally get photos uploaded from my phone. This is the only one I have for the moment but it will give you a rough idea of what I'm working with right now.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Any opinions and help would be greatly appreciated-image-3375753008.jpg  

Thread Information