Fevershock is offline Junior Member

~ Diet Review Part 2 ~

Alright All..

Based on suggestions from everyone, I've done my research and have my diet ready to be critiqued by the vets and pros on here. If there's anything missing please let me know as I've done my best.

Stats - 184lbs/ 34 years old/ 5'10/ 8% BF ( Nutritionist says % 6.1 2 weeks ago. I'm going to split this up a bit)

Current Goal - Cut up and Lean out

Total Cal - 1929 - Total Carb - 194 - Total Protein - 245 - Total Fat - 26

Breakdown:

Breakfast (7:15am)
    1 cup uncooked oatmeal / 1 small banana/ 6 plus egg whites/ 2 scoop Nes Quick Sugar Free Choc (blend with ice cube and drink)
    527 Cal – 81 Carb – 39 Protein – 8 fat

Mid Morning Meal (10:30am)
    6oz Chicken/ 1 cup veggies / Corn Tortillas
    340 cal – 45 carb – 44 protein – 2.5 fat

Lunch (12:30-1pm)
    6oz tilapia/ 1 cup veggies / ½ cup rice
    336 cal - 23 carb – 47 protein – 6 fat

Mid Afternoon (3-3:30pm)
    6oz Chicken / 1 cup veggies/ 1 slice wheat toast
    270 cal – 19 carb – 44 protein – 2.5 fat

Dinner (6:15-30pm)
    6oz tilapia/ 1 cup veggies / ½ cup rice
    336 cal - 23 carb – 47 protein – 6 fat

Post work out shake (9:45pm)
    Whey/creatine/ glutamine
    120 cal – 3 carb – 24 protein – 1 fat

After posting this and adding things up, it appears I have made a slight error in daily calorie count. Seems to be low, but I will let you guys decide. Also, cardio is around 20 - 30 mins 4 times a week. Feedback here?

Thanks in advance!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0005.jpg 
Views:	282 
Size:	1.04 MB 
ID:	116291Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMAG0004.jpg 
Views:	173 
Size:	1.03 MB 
ID:	116292
    Last edited by Fevershock; 07-11-2011 at 10:41 PM.

So far 16 people viewed this and no one has any feedback? Come on ;-)

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    You have a whey shake PWOwithout carbs and then nothing else til breakfast time? You really need a slow digesting protein before bed. Can you eat this an hour after your PWO shake? If not, you are asking for catabolism through the night.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    You're above 8% for sure. In my avy I am above 8%.

You need to up your calories. Add a whole meal after your dinner before bed. You can keep the pwo shake. Make dinner either chicken or steak and veggies. Food choices are fine. Cardio should be upped to an hour 4x per week minimum. I would do 6x per week.

Good job on putting the diet together. Easy to read and pretty much everything we could ask for (except exact split p/c/f).

Agreed that you need to up your cals and IMO your cardio is definitely lacking. 80 - 120 min of cardio a week is what many people do while maintaining or gaining. I would keep calories as high as possible to keep your muscles fed throughout the day and create your caloric deficit by doing 6 - 8 hrs of cardio a week, with a good portion of it being AM fasted (this should be fine as you do your GH shot in the AM - correct?). Very low cals + minimal cardio is a great way to lower your metabolism and lose alot of LBM along with the fat, which won't change your body composition.

Your food choices look good except carbs are a necessity PWO - if it's close to bed then just make it a complex carb like oats or sweet potato.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    You have a whey shake PWOwithout carbs and then nothing else til breakfast time? You really need a slow digesting protein before bed. Can you eat this an hour after your PWO shake? If not, you are asking for catabolism through the night.
    I could do a MRP or another protein. That's just what's on hand. Thanks for the feedback though. I will get some new protein once I run out of this one...

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    Agreed that you need to up your cals and IMO your cardio is definitely lacking. 80 - 120 min of cardio a week is what many people do while maintaining or gaining. I would keep calories as high as possible to keep your muscles fed throughout the day and create your caloric deficit by doing 6 - 8 hrs of cardio a week, with a good portion of it being AM fasted (this should be fine as you do your GH shot in the AM - correct?). Very low cals + minimal cardio is a great way to lower your metabolism and lose alot of LBM along with the fat, which won't change your body composition.

Your food choices look good except carbs are a necessity PWO - if it's close to bed then just make it a complex carb like oats or sweet potato.
    Good stuff Sgt Hartman! I agree with you. 6 - 8 per week!?!? WTH! :-) I'm not near there. OK, I will have to get going on more cardio. Yes, GH in the AM. So you're saying, do some of that cardio in a fasted state in the morning? Any ideas on how to up my cal count per meal? I seem to be full as hell after each one. Should I be eating more protein? Or just up each portion size?

Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    You're above 8% for sure. In my avy I am above 8%.

You need to up your calories. Add a whole meal after your dinner before bed. You can keep the pwo shake. Make dinner either chicken or steak and veggies. Food choices are fine. Cardio should be upped to an hour 4x per week minimum. I would do 6x per week.

Good job on putting the diet together. Easy to read and pretty much everything we could ask for (except exact split p/c/f).
    Thx Twist! Yeah, this is what the nutritionist said about the BF%. I should post the sheet he gives me and let you guys see it so you can chop it up too. I'm not sure about that call and I plan on going to get second opinion next month.

Anyways...Ok so the general consensus is add another meal and increase cardio. I can do that. But I don't follow the split comment at the end about p/c/f? If that's protein, carbs and fat, I thought I included those above with break down for each meal and daily total. Did I not do that right?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Keep up the good work~
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 07-12-2011 at 09:02 AM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    Keep up the good work~

Thanks Slimmer ;-)

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by Fevershock View Post
    I could do a MRP or another protein. That's just what's on hand. Thanks for the feedback though. I will get some new protein once I run out of this one...
    All you need to do is add 50g of powdered oats to your whey and that is you PWO meal. An hour later maybe a chicken breast and some light carbs. That extra bedtime meal should add an extra 300-400 cals and bring you somewhere closer to where your daily cals should be.

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Make the changes that have been suggested so far. All good ones

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    All you need to do is add 50g of powdered oats to your whey and that is you PWO meal. An hour later maybe a chicken breast and some light carbs. That extra bedtime meal should add an extra 300-400 cals and bring you somewhere closer to where your daily cals should be.
    Ok. So just add some oats to the post work out shake and have a chicken breast with carbs later? No problem. Thanks
    Last edited by Fevershock; 07-12-2011 at 06:16 PM.

Thread Information