NastyNate11586 is offline New Member

anyone read "why we get fat" ?

I recently read this book (looking to loose bodyfat) and in it the author suggests a diet of only protien and veggies. In the diet any protien source is ok, and you need leafy greens and non starchy veggies every day. So no carbs or sugar at all. He says this is enough to maintain a healthy person without excercise, although he does recommend it. So basically i am asking if anyone has read the book or what people here think of a diet like this. i have been reading and it seems like this forum likes "good carbs" like waxy maze and the like. So im interested to see what people think about having no carbs what so ever in your diet if your looking to loose bodyfat.

info on me
    24 years old
    5 foot 6 inches
    190lbs
    i am not sure of my body fat % because i have only used the electronic calculators that come with the bathroom scales and i dont trust them. but comming from those measurments i think im at least around 20%

I would like to get on a diet like the ones posted up here but i dont know how i will work all those meals into my work schedual. Any advice there?

And just a side question. Will a better diet and more time in the gym help with depression and my feeling tired all the time? (seems like 8 hours of sleep is never enough)

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by NastyNate11586 View Post
    I recently read this book (looking to loose bodyfat) and in it the author suggests a diet of only protien and veggies. In the diet any protien source is ok, and you need leafy greens and non starchy veggies every day. So no carbs or sugar at all. He says this is enough to maintain a healthy person without excercise, although he does recommend it. So basically i am asking if anyone has read the book or what people here think of a diet like this. i have been reading and it seems like this forum likes "good carbs" like waxy maze and the like. So im interested to see what people think about having no carbs what so ever in your diet if your looking to loose bodyfat.
    Funny, I wrote a small article titled the same. See my explanation below

info on me
    24 years old
    5 foot 6 inches
    190lbs
    i am not sure of my body fat % because i have only used the electronic calculators that come with the bathroom scales and i dont trust them. but comming from those measurments i think im at least around 20%
    So you need to cut.

I would like to get on a diet like the ones posted up here but i dont know how i will work all those meals into my work schedual. Any advice there?
    everyone has the same problems bro. If you want it bad enough you will make it work. Tupperware is your friend.

And just a side question. Will a better diet and more time in the gym help with depression and my feeling tired all the time? (seems like 8 hours of sleep is never enough)
    Do you have low testosterone? have you run cycles before? The answer is yes, but if you have low T there is only a couple ways of dealing with that. Go get checked.
    It is fine to eat that way to live long and be healthy. However, it is not for bodybuilding goals and if you reintroduce carbs into your diet you have a higher chance of gaining fat quickly. So basically for longevity no carbs (except veggies) is fine, but for muscle gain its not as good. If you chose to go that route its pretty much a permanent thing. I wouldn't do it unless I had refeeds and every week with lots of starchy carbs (this is basically my cutting program).

NastyNate11586 is offline New Member
    well i would like to gain and then build more muscle after i cut down a bit. so sounds like ill be getting myself some brown rice haha. the problem is not that i cant bring tupperware its that i am a lifeguard so i sit on stand outside, cant really be sitting there having a meal. should i just replace a mid afternoon meal with a protien shake? i know the more real food in you the better but maybe a compromise.

I have been checked for low T and the results came back normal, despite all the symptoms to the contrary and i have done one cycle of just test, didnt see much results. i could get my hands on more cycles but i read on here that its not a good idea to get on cycles with a higher bodyfat percentage, also i was diagnosed with high blood pressure.

Thread Information