Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    qkcam is offline Female Member
    Blog Entries

need help with food plan and health

Hi all
    I am new here and need help.. I love to exericse but i keep getting sick.. so far the medical system has said i have cfids and possibly lyme.. I am taking some hormone replacement casue my hormones are really out of whack.
    i started getting sick over 10 years ago when noticing i had low energy and would exercise and not recover very well.. I keep trying to lose weight and am frustrated in this attempt. i am 44 y/o 5'5" and weight almost 180.

an example of eating on a good day.
    oatmeal 1/4 cup 4 egg whites
    tuna sandwich
    chicken breast with some steamed spinach or asparagus

a not so good day.
    only eating once or twice and sometimes binge on sugar.
    or mexican food.. beef with chips and salsa

now my massage therapist has me jucing... organic beet, apple, whole lemon and small piece of ginger--- says i need to "detox" my body.

open for thoughts and suggestions.. thanks

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    WELCOME!

Glad you came here.

On your "not so good days" is that because "just for the heck of it?" or some other reason? Plus do you think you could start staying on the good days more often than not?

And do you feel better with the juicing? or not or no difference and how long have you been on the juicing?

Your good days look REAL good.

Do you like pancakes? I have a great oat pancake recipe!

ps: please let the diet members know you are a female while waiting to turn pink
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 07-27-2011 at 05:44 PM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    do you think there are enough calories on the "good days" ? usually the bad days are either cause i am out for appoinments and i dont plan ahead or i am out of energy and then just need something--
    I do like pancakes ...but i dont like syrup... i have found some great pancakes in SF called "lumberjack" and they use wheatgerm-
    I am not sure how much carbs to eat..
    with the juice I only started a couple days ago-- i did notice a bit of increase in energy- i was able to do 20 mins on eleptical... which is alot of me.. (it didn't used to be) but then i woke up sick today--
    so on the days i have juice in the am... should i skip oatmeal? someone told me i needed to have "protein shakes" inbetwn meals.. but that is too much work.. i feel like whatever i do i really need to keep it simple , till i get more stamina and energy. thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    WELCOME!

Glad you came here.

On your "not so good days" is that because "just for the heck of it?" or some other reason? Plus do you think you could start staying on the good days more often than not?

And do you feel better with the juicing? or not or no difference and how long have you been on the juicing?

Your good days look REAL good.

Do you like pancakes? I have a great oat pancake recipe!

ps: please let the diet members know you are a female while waiting to turn pink

Protein shakes with whey powder and some fruit etc in the blender, is too much work? Is that what you mean? If so, then we need to figure out a way to get some more food in you so you sustain your energy; hence why you are here.

There are a couple members here who come to mind I hope will chime in here sooner than later. Your issue is very specific.

The pancakes are made from oats and are so healthy and filling and good for you too. I will find my recipe.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    I have some whey protein.. i am just not sure how much or how often to make them? I went to a "nutrition/ suppliment " store in sf with some big muscle guys that run the place.. he told me to not eat fruit for 2 weeks.. i was able to do that for a few days.. but then caved on hard core sugar.. i do need a plan that i can stick too.. and something that can keep me going in the gym with weights.. even if it is only 10mins a day-- it feels so empowering ..and the guy at the nutrution store told me to not lift weights only walk for 2 weeks..i felt really disapointed when he said dont lift weights...it has been a part of my life for 9 years.. and something i have always wanted.. yes let me know about the receipe.. i will need a receipe...as i havne' made pancakes in years... thanks..

Protein drinks are not to be "in place of meals" but in addition to especially after a workout to re-feed your muscles since such fast absorption.
    I drink one first thing in the morning after my fasted cardio plus another after my workout and I love it! I just use 1 scoop since anymore can sometimes be too much.
    And I love adding frozen raspberries and strawberries to a vanilla base with ice/water. I use frozen since easier and I have heard frozen fruit has more nutrients since frozen while so fresh.

Do you feel fine when you workout with weights?
    Author Unknown

Oat Pancakes:

1 cup oats
    1 cup egg whites
    1 cup fat free or 1 or 2% cottage cheese, depending on goals

splash of water if need be for batter consistency
    Splenda as you wish
    nutmeg, dash if you so desire
    drop of vanilla, if desired

First: Blend the oats in a blender until real powdery (no water just blend dry )
    Add all the above ingredients and blend until a good consistency for a pancake

Cook on griddle/pan which should be real hot sprayed with Pam....and then cook like a regular pancake

TOP with:
    Sugar free syrup and banana or raspberries or blueberries
    and drop a dollop of plain Greek yogurt which has some splenda sprinkled on the yogurt to spread around the pancake like whipped cream

ENJOY!

MAKES 3 BIG PANCAKES! so good for 3 meals.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    this looks great ! thanks.. will be a welcome change from the plain oatmeal.. goals are too lose fat and make muscles defined..

Twist is offline "AR's Personal Trainer"
    Quote Originally Posted by qkcam View Post
    Hi all
    I am new here and need help.. I love to exericse but i keep getting sick.. so far the medical system has said i have cfids and possibly lyme.. I am taking some hormone replacement casue my hormones are really out of whack.
    i started getting sick over 10 years ago when noticing i had low energy and would exercise and not recover very well.. I keep trying to lose weight and am frustrated in this attempt. i am 44 y/o 5'5" and weight almost 180.

an example of eating on a good day.
    oatmeal 1/4 cup 4 egg whites
    tuna sandwich
    chicken breast with some steamed spinach or asparagus

a not so good day.
    only eating once or twice and sometimes binge on sugar.
    or mexican food.. beef with chips and salsa

now my massage therapist has me jucing... organic beet, apple, whole lemon and small piece of ginger--- says i need to "detox" my body.

open for thoughts and suggestions.. thanks
    Ok so we have a bunch of issues that need to be worked out here:

Illness:
    Do the doctors know what the issue is? What exactly are the symptoms? What does it prevent you from doing?

Hormones:
    Are your hormones now in order or are they still out of whack? What are you exactly replacing? Can you tell me the protocol you are on?

Diet:
    Your diet needs to be fixed and binging on sugar is clearly not going to help. You can eat well 6 days per week but if you binge on sugar one day you can offset all 6 easily. There is no easy way out of this. You need to keep your diet in line. We can work one out but if you won't stick to it then it is pointless. A detox is not a bad idea but you need wheatgrass and some cabbage and pear juice. In fact what you are juicing is pointless other than the beets. Once again juicing won't do anything unless you stick to a good diet when you are done.

Exercise:
    You SHOULD do weight training. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't. You need to do more cardio, more times per day. Weight training is great but you must build your cardio. Just go to the gym and get on a treadmill and don't get off for an hour, no matter how hard it is.

I work with clients all the time who are in worse positions than you (lupus + menopause + torn acl) and the ones who try really hard in the beginning and suffer through the pain do well. The other ones who don't push themselves or refuse to put themselves through the pain don't do well. Suffer now for a lasting relief.

Thanks Twist. I was hoping you would chime in here~

Here is what needs to happen once you get all lined up as to what your program is: Start an entirely new thread where you log in every single thing you do and how you feel. This way the members can follow your progress and help you tweak your new program. I promise you this: once the members help you get your plan and a PLAN THAT YOU WILL STICK TO SINCE THAT IS THE ONLY PLAN THAT WILL WORK, then logging in every single day will make all the difference in the world. Your energy will come back.

And speaking of energy, what foods do you feel contribute to your energy and what foods do not?
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    Illness: Here are the answers...
    Do the doctors know what the issue is? Chronic fatigue immune deficeny.. lyme disease What exactly are the symptoms? symptoms ...sore throats swollen lymph glands mucslce don't recovery and when i do exersice "more than 20- 30 mins" i get high fevers of 101 to 102 and lung infections .. then i am down for weeks to months and never regain where i left off..
    What does it prevent you from doing? it is preventing me from working .. been on disability for over a year.. prevents me from being socials sometimes i dont have enough energy to carry on a conversation.. prevents me from getting to my support groups. and prevents me from doing the things i used to enjoy.

Hormones:
    Are your hormones now in order or are they still out of whack? What are you exactly replacing? Can you tell me the protocol you are on?
    protocol.. dhea25/preg 100 combo prescribed by cfids doc .. and testo gel 25mg . compounded t3 thyroid cause i was having crazy body temp drops down to 95.5 with bone pain and mouth infections followed by high fevers and lung infections..

Diet:
    Your diet needs to be fixed and binging on sugar is clearly not going to help. You can eat well 6 days per week but if you binge on sugar one day you can offset all 6 easily. There is no easy way out of this. You need to keep your diet in line. We can work one out but if you won't stick to it then it is pointless. A detox is not a bad idea but you need wheatgrass and some cabbage and pear juice. In fact what you are juicing is pointless other than the beets. Once again juicing won't do anything unless you stick to a good diet when you are done.

i agree about the sugar-- i was off it going to OA meeting for a few months.. but still had the fatigue.
    Exercise:
    You SHOULD do weight training. Don't let anyone tell you that you shouldn't. You need to do more cardio, more times per day. Weight training is great but you must build your cardio. Just go to the gym and get on a treadmill and don't get off for an hour, no matter how hard it is.

it isn't hard doing the treadmill for an hour.. i can get caffine'ed up and go.. but the problem is i will get really sick.. as i did at the beginning of the month.. 101 fever followed by 2 weeks of sinius infection 3weeks of antibiotics and i am still not 100% .. my doc at stanford is adeamnet about "not pushing" as i would love nothing more than being at the gym for 90mins a day-- but then i crash.. and dont have the energy or appetite to eat. I read somewhere a cifds group list that cfids folks dont make a certain thing like most people when they exercise.. it isn't an autoimmune..like lyme.. it is an under immune.. my immune functions are measured low.. not T cells.. but IGG subclass are low 3 out of 5.. most docs (the ones in insurance network) say i wont benefit from gammagoblin.. but some other docs want to try it.. the foods that contribute to energy.. good question.. maybe some greens if i eat them.. i guess i could juice them? coffee used to be a great way to get a boost but lately it doesnt work so well for other reasons : ( .. I was walking on the treadmill for 30mins a day before i got sick on July 1 ... with the 101 temp.. now trying to get back into the swing.. but can't overdo otherwise i get sick again-

Here is a blurb about cfids and the bodies response..although i have no idea what it really means.. my only hope is to keep working on a "healhty food" plan. and i dont get hungry much.. i could easily only eat once a day..
    Methods

A total of 18 CFS (CDC 1994) patients
    and 12 sedentary controls underwent
    assessment of maximal voluntary
    contraction (MVC), repeat exercise with
    magnetic resonance spectroscopy and
    cardio-respiratory fitness test to
    determine anaerobic threshold.

Results

Chronic fatigue syndrome patients
    undertaking MVC fell into two distinct
    groups:

8 (45%) showed normal PCr depletion in
    response to exercise at 35% of MVC (PCr
    depletion >33%; lower 95% CI for
    controls);

10 CFS patients had low PCr depletion
    (generating abnormally low MVC values).

The CFS whole group exhibited
    significantly reduced anaerobic threshold,
    heart rate, VO(2) , VO(2) peak and peak
    work compared to controls.

Resting muscle pH was similar in controls
    and both CFS patient groups.

However, the CFS group achieving normal
    PCr depletion values showed increased
    intramuscular acidosis compared to
    controls after similar work after each of
    the three exercise periods with no
    apparent reduction in acidosis with repeat
    exercise of the type reported in normal
    subjects.

This CFS group also exhibited significant
    prolongation (almost 4-fold) of the time
    taken for pH to recover to baseline.

Conclusion

When exercising to comparable levels to
    normal controls, CFS patients exhibit
    profound abnormality in bioenergetic
    function and response to it.

I work with clients all the time who are in worse positions than you (lupus + menopause + torn acl) and the ones who try really hard in the beginning and suffer through the pain do well. The other ones who don't push themselves or refuse to put themselves through the pain don't do well. Suffer now for a lasting relief.

Great info above.
    I hope you hang in here long enough to figure this puzzle out. So please be patient. You are not alone here. We all want to have the best health we possibly can.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    thanks..

Wow this is A LOT worse than I thought. CFS has not only no known cure but no known cause at the same time. If doctors can't figure this out there is no way I will be able to. Let's start at the beginning.
    How did you gain weight to the weight you are at?
    When did you first get symptoms and what weight were you at then?
    What medications or supplements/stimulants do you take?
    What is your family history like(genetics and medical)?
    Does weight training make you go into this state or is it cardio related? If we kept your heart rate low but worked muscles would that trigger an episode?
    How do you workout at all?
    Are you sure you don't have lupus or another similar disease? Cfids seems like a diagnosis when doctors don't know what is going on.
    I would like to cut out all animal proteins from the diet. I think a detox diet is in order. I need to contact my friend and ask her what the best detox would be and for what duration of time. Most likely it would look something like what I posted above followed by another strict diet.

Are all of your tests done by Stanford? I have been there many times and they are great doctors. They work in a team there. But does your CFIDS doctor know how to control hormones as well as a endocrinologist would?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Twist View Post
    Wow this is A LOT worse than I thought. CFS has not only no known cure but no known cause at the same time. If doctors can't figure this out there is no way I will be able to. Let's start at the beginning.
    How did you gain weight to the weight you are at? I gained the weight as a meter reader i walked alot got alot of leg muscels and ate alot of food at nite cause no time to eat during the day..but after meter reading was hard to break the cycle and the testo put some weight on me..
    When did you first get symptoms and what weight were you at then? i have had the symptoms since 22.. i dont remember what weight, ..but also had hep c (went on interferon 13 years ago.. never recovered my enregy but hep c went into remission)
    What medications or supplements/stimulants do you take?t3 thyroid, dhea/preg sleep meds (which i am trying to kick but laying awake the the nite not feeling well isn't fun.. t-gel about 25mg a day.. antivirial -prescribed by standford as an experiment..and antibiotics when needed.
    What is your family history like(genetics and medical)? slow moving family not much into exercise.. eats alot of fast food and canned veggies.. they are 2000 miles away in the midwest, haven't seen em in years as i can't travel much.
    Does weight training make you go into this state or is it cardio related? If we kept your heart rate low but worked muscles would that trigger an episode? I am not sure.. the chinese herbalist said try not to "sweat " too much...as my body can't restore.. so i am not sure.. as i have been trying to do weights and cardio of some sort for years.. well i know when i tried the spin class i ended up really really sick.. so i would say cardio ..is the worse? but most important is not to wear the bod down..
    How do you workout at all? the gym and my body are the only thing i have left.. i love going to the gym..golds.. it is a great inspiration-- i push myself, usually with caffinee- but we have to have something in life right?
    Are you sure you don't have lupus or another similar disease? Cfids seems like a diagnosis when doctors don't know what is going on. been to so many docs.. the lupus came out neg.. i know what you mean about hte docs they dont know what ya got so they stick ya in a catagory.. and 102 fevers are not typical for cfids-- but maybe that is becasue i push myself so hard?-- till i get sick and cant push.. so the key is baby steps..
    I would like to cut out all animal proteins from the diet. I think a detox diet is in order. I need to contact my friend and ask her what the best detox would be and for what duration of time. Most likely it would look something like what I posted above followed by another strict diet.
    i tired a detox a few years ago and i actually got alot sicker-- and animal protein , chicken is my stable.. i woudn't know what to do without it.. there is a "theroy about folks with cfids.. " that our bodies dont make enough glutathione... which is how we "detox" so if you put us into detox we actually get sicker casue the body can't clear the toxins.. so it has to be very gradul.. like taking nac or glutathione suppliments... who knows.. i am going to keep working with the chinese herbalist and the massage lady- who is trying a gentle detox with cupping..

Are all of your tests done by Stanford? I have been there many times and they are great doctors. They work in a team there. But does your CFIDS doctor know how to control hormones as well as a endocrinologist would?
    i only see the standford doc a couple times a year.. i dont feel it is really helping me.. but i need to be patient...he at least validates i have an "illness" and he wont touch the hormones or thyroid.. i have another "cfids- hormone" doc for that.. whethere they know what they are doing or n ot is another issue... thanks alot for your support..
    i woke up with some energy.. did a 25min fasting walk, hillis and steps. then had 3eggwhites, 1 egg 1.4cuup oatmeal and some garlic, beet, apple, ginger spinach lemon juice. and i think i am going to head into to the doc to try a "gamma goblen " injection.. they want to boost my "igg subclass" which is low.. but this isn't the standford doc.. it is an experimental doc.. hope ya all have a good day!

Blog Entries
    i am getting used to posting still not very familar with.. i answered your question but not all the answers came out int bold.. sorry.... i apprecaite the support!

Blog Entries
    One more thing i have noticed.. i need to be careful about "restricting" foods cause sometimes i will go into not eating much.. and i feel like at this point i need to make sure i am eating enough of the right things.. and or small amounts of "not so good things" if i am out and dont have access to my meal plan.. cause that is where i get into trouble no access to something "in the plan" and i end up going for hours without eating ;. then binging on some not so good food.. beans, rice chips and salsa! thanks

One more thing i have noticed.. i need to be careful about "restricting" foods cause sometimes i will go into not eating much.. and i feel like at this point i need to make sure i am eating enough of the right things.. and or small amounts of "not so good things" if i am out and dont have access to my meal plan.. cause that is where i get into trouble no access to something "in the plan" and i end up going for hours without eating ;. then binging on some not so good food.. beans, rice chips and salsa! thanks
    This is one of the first things we have to change and why so many of us end up in this forum. Planning is KEY. And it took me awhile to get this secret. Many members here cook all day on Sunday so they have their meals ready to go. Just know this: slow wins the race when steady and consistent. And the rule of thumb is one cheat meal a week and I mean exactly what it sounds like! This is crucial when trying to shed the BF.

When you are ready, please feel free to post up what you eat and how much and at what time of day. This way you start to see what you are REALLY doing plus get support here. And you do not have to wait for it to be perfect. I started a log and by all means, it was not anywhere where I supposed to be in the beginning. And I got a lot of guidance with tips here and there to help me move forward.

How much weight do you want to lose in what amount of time. Think about this. What do you think would be a realistic goal?
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    where should i post my food? so far it has been a good food day.. although i am craving a vietnamse coffee.
    i think it would be good to lose 30 lbs.. but not in a big hurry and since i do some weight training .. it is hard to tell what is the muscle and what is the fat? well not really hard to tell.. so my goal to lose 30 lbs but most important.. to be healhier!

There are way too many things going on here (and way too many docs doing different things) that it will be impossible to pinpoint what is a symptom of the sickness and what is a symptom of the treatments. There is really nothing I can do as this is a matter for a doctor who is an expert in multiple fields. I think stanford is your best bet as they are great there. I would not go to chinese doctors and listen to your massage therapist for medical advice. I can help you with a diet or workout program but you will need to tell me foods that are ok to eat and workouts that are ok to perform. I can help you optimize your workouts to get the best calorie burn but your health is something that needs to be figured out and too many docs doing too many things complicates things.

You must stop binging. Not eating is not that bad as we are not meant to eat nearly what we do. Eating more is bad.

Blog Entries
    it would be great to have help with food and exercise.. as far as the docs.. and illness/vs treatment.. i was sick before i started treatment..
    but where do i post my food/ exersice.. also for a "hypoglycemic" not eating isn't good. it is all about balance. i am glad to have help and had a pretty good food / exerices day-- my challange is when i am feeling "well / energetic" then i tend to want to "do it all" to make up for lost time.. this i think isn't a big help.. so where do i post my food /exericse info? i am excited to get some help.. thank you .. the massage therapist is just telling me about this juciing.. which i have been doing for about 5 days and noticing a difference.. i woke up this morning (1030 which is early i had been waking up at noon) went straight out for a walk okay.. lets do this!! and thank you!-

On my phone so can't do much right now but can you explain what foods interact with your body in a positive way and how/why?
    What foods do not?
    Why are you hypo? I must have missed it.

What exercise can you do and why? What can't you do and why?

A juicing detox is a good idea but you need different foods in there. I'll find out what exactly right now. I know a great clinic.

Blog Entries
    On my phone so can't do much right now but can you explain what foods interact with your body in a positive way and how/why? not really sure experimenting.. i know the sugar gives me a bad reaction..depression and fatigue-- ... i seem to be doing well with the juice and eggs in the am..
    What foods do not? sugar is bad--
    Why are you hypo? was told once i was hypoglycemic when i was 24 .. i tried the diabetic diet at that age.. and it seemed to help.. I must have missed it.

What exercise can you do and why? What can't you do and why? seems if i go longer than 20 to 30 mins at one time i get hosed.. as in exhausted and sore throats the next day.. I posted my exercise and food log for today on the diet form somewhere.. thanks for taking the time to help!!!

A juicing detox is a good idea but you need different foods in there. I'll find out what exactly right now. I know a great clinic.
    i can't seem to get this to reply.. lets see..

Blog Entries
    Twist... take your time.. hhhhmmmm our medical system -- currently no one has mentioned hypoglycemic...i bet not eating the right stuff at the right times if i am hypoglycemic that may have messed me up??? why dont the docs look at what we eat?? i wonder if that could have casued all this drama?
    anyway here is the list of today's regime...and i looked at the diabetic diet..they have a small amount of complex carbs with theri eveing snack..i am curious about this

1030 am woke up .. went for power walk, with steps and 2 small hills. 25mins
    breakfast: 1 egg, 3 whites
    1/4 cup oatmeal plan
    fresh jucice, apple, ginger,lemon, beat, garlic

pre-gym snack/lunch.
    1/2 vietnamse coffee (for gym energy)
    1/2 vietnamse sandwich (whole wheat would have been better, but i only ate half)
    GYM: did back for 20mins.. upper wide with cables, wide lat pull down with cables.. low row, iso-row 12 reps 3 sets each- and roman chair
    then did a few abs..with ball and cables 25 and 30 leg lifts.. the coffee picked me up.
    Post exrecise : 1.5 scoops protein powder, with water, ice and green powder + glutamine 5mg and d-ribose (cfids folks use it for muscle energy)
    Dinner will be chicken breast, from george forman grill with steamed spinach..

and then mabye 2 -3 hours later some greek yogart with a few rasberrys and 1/2cup flax flake cereal (very low sugar , only 4grms per
    3/4c).

You need to start making all of your meals and adding tons of veggies. Preferably veggies that don't have to be cooked over 105*F. ALL CARBS MUST BE VERY LOW GI.
    Supplements that are a must:
    multi
    calcium
    glutamine
    egg protein powder
    Fish oil (omega 3-6-9)
    vitamin c
    zinc

Food you must Consume:
    Sprouts
    Wheat grass
    fish
    vegetables that can be eaten raw or cooked at low temperatures

Foods I recommend:
    Cabbage juice
    if you have swollen lymphs or anything close the surface take the crushed wheat grass and literally soak the skin in it (you can tape it to the skin) - same if you have any injured areas
    Carbs in the form of sweet potato but only in small amounts

Protein sources are best from fish and eggs unless you have an albumin allergy. I would definitely cut out grains and ALL dairy (including whey shakes). Your workouts look good but without intensity most of the progress will come in the form of diet.

A typical morning might look like this:

AM cardio on an empty stomach
    detox juice drink

Breakfast 2 hours later
    eggs with some veggies mixed in (spinach maybe)

Lunch
    White fish
    small amount of sweet potato

Workout with weights followed by cardio

PWO shake
    egg protein powder (I like Optimum Nutrition Egg Protein)
    Vitamin c 1,000mgs

Dinner
    White fish

Glutamine here

Before bed
    detox shake
    fish oil capsules
    multivitamin
    Vitamin c 1,000mgs
    calcium
    zicam (would this be ok to take, google it)

I sent my friend a text message and she told me she was busy but will reply later. I will text her tomorrow again if I don't get a detailed reply on the detox shakes.

One more thing for now:
    Your hormones have to be worked out. Lower estrogen usually helps with weight loss and higher testosterone does too. But I honestly have no idea about women and I don't know about progesterone either. I hope someone else can chime in.

Progesterone is the "feel good" hormone plus helps to sleep too. I used to take a progesterone capsule before bed during my bhrt (which I took myself off of after 9 months.) To me, too many hormones with a higher BF and not eating correctly actually made it a lot worse. I packed on a good 15-20 pounds on the hormones. However we all react differently. But think about it: When the men do not have their BF down, they get gyno and end up looking "softer" appearing like BF. And so it only makes sense when females add a lot of test without low BF then weight gain can occur. And I know test helps with muscles getting bigger and all, but isn't the goal for men who want test to get bigger? Most little skinny guys want it for this reason of making "gains." So I have mixed feelings on test for women UNLESS THE BF IS LOW ALREADY AND EATING CORRECTLY. And not a moment before then. That is my opinion on this. But I am open to a rebuttal.
    The best expert here on female hormones is a member named PPC. Hopefully she will come around the HRT forum and help you on your HRT thread. She is not here often.

And as far as Twist helping you here? You are so fortunate, qkcam. Twist is not only brilliant but has a track record. Look at his title. He trained the 1st place winner in the challenge we had here last winter.

You are in first rate hands here.

So happy for you.
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 07-29-2011 at 08:39 AM.
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    thanks for all this info Twist.. i pretty much already on board with the suppliments...except i forget zinc but the multivit has it.. and my lyme doc tells me 4grams of vit c a day.
    as far as the sprouts and wheatgrass..that will be a new thing and will take some while..also i had a friend that kept getting hpolyri from too many raw veggies and salads..
    my workout yesterday while it felt great at the time has opended up for this cold/lung thing to come back.. so my am cardio is going have to be in the afternoon..or give my body a rest today-- i will work on the food.. if i push too hard i can end up with a lung infection then i am down for another month..so easy does it today..
    and slimmer what you are saying makes sense about the hormones..my progestrone was low..but the doc i get them from uses a compounding pharmacy and they are expensive and already had me taken too many expensive things.. i dont know if i can give up the Tgel.. i hate when the hips come back... but i would probably lose 15 lbs (and my sex drive- not that that is important) if i did.

one adjustment,.on days i can do morning cardio.. i dont knw that only having a detox juice or shake will be enough with having hypoglycemia..aren't i supposed to have protein? i will print out the list of to do's in bit later.. thanks so much! i feel lucky

Blog Entries
    this is a good time to change protein powder since i am almost out.. i will try the egg protein if it's not too expensive.. i am bummed i just bought a couple containers of greek yogart... no dairy..i dont eat alot but i do like the greek yogart for my evening protein... okay praying for willingness to work on something different..

and i also orderd some Sun Eleuthero..extract which is supposed to help muscle recovery and "chronic fatigue" we'll see.. thanks!

Blog Entries
    Twist...why cut out all the grains? so heres is what i have had today casue i dont have the food on hand for the "protocol"
    1/4cup steel cut oats
    4 egg whites
    juice: lemon, beet, apple, ginger.

I am too exhausted to think about eating or doing anything-- so i need some food things i can work with when my body is in a state of "crash" as i overdid the exericse yesterday.. thanks..

I too am wondering Twist. Why no Greek yogurt? It sure helped me plus continues to do so for when I feel I need something like ice-cream or a sweet tooth fix with plain greek yogurt and splenda with blueberries. Are you saying for her to cut out dairy for the BF loss or for her specific health conditions?
    Author Unknown

Blog Entries
    i am even trying to switch from blueberries to rasberries.. i dont really mind it without splenda.. i did also have some "kefir " last nite.. which i thougth would be good since i was on a 3 week stint of antibiotics-- and it has probiotics ..maybe that is what has casued some of my "sinius" ... i did have a lyme doc.. only one tell me cut out dairy..but my main lyme doc told me to use greek yogart cause of the probiotics-- i think most important i need to keep a plan i can stick too.. and take baby steps to changing... thanks

Lyme disease is easy to cure if you get it in time. I had a client who got lyme while hiking. So after the antibiotics it should be gone and no longer an issue.

Do you go hypo? Sounds like you think you are but don't really know. Either way you still need low gi carbs, high GI in a pinch. A steady flow of carbs is a good idea. Also IF you can go hypo you need to buy a glucose monitor. I own one and use it sometimes just to check on myself. This is a must but to be honest it doesn't sound like you are too convinced that you have sugar issues.

If you immediately lost water weight or something from not taking test then it is insignificant weight and doesn't need to be factored in as it isn't negative weight.

You are taking too many things for me to keep track of from too many people. You need to cut everything that isn't necessary out so we can single out (slowly) cause and effect. It takes a while to clear the body of all these nutrients (good and bad) and start with a clean slate so getting started now is important. Say you cut out milk today, you wouldn't see any effects for over a week so stopping now is already doing it slowly. If you need probiotics then buy probiotics, don't eat milk and sugar to get it. For most people cutting out dairy is a recommendation but eating a food that most people are allergic to is a must for someone really sick.

Sprouts and wheatgrass shouldn't take a lot of time to get. Just buy them at the store and start juicing.

I am not a doctor and I don't pretend to be one so of course listen to your doctor and any recommendations they make.

Blog Entries
    yeah early lyme is easy...chronic lyme is ..well alot of confusion for me at this point..to take antibioticsfor long long periods like months and months..or not.. I can' t get the medically system to agree.. but that is a whole nothter issue.. I can work on cutting out the dairy but i had some whey protein shake for dinner..almost time for bed-- i think the best help here might be figuring out how much i really need to eat and what i can eat.. by "what i can eat"' foods taht i will be able to tolerate in taste and the change.
    need to keep it simple... i can get sprouts for juiceing although i am not sure how about to get the wheat grass.. but there must be things i can make or eat on a regualar basis to keep msyefl some what on track...
    oatlmeal is an easy stable.. and egg whites.. easy from breakfast, so that is meal one.. need to kee pworking on other meals. but rest for now.. thanks

Blog Entries
    ps- no one has ever told me i have allergy to milk or dairy products... but ya never know.

Give me a complete list of foods you are willing to eat and stick to that doesn't include dairy.

Blog Entries
    i pretty much eat anything as long as it is easy.. i am not disciplined with food and that is just how i am .. here is an example of today.. and alot of times i dont have an appetite.
    today: i went to gym to do cardio.. after 10mins no energy..
    then i ate.. 1/2 can tuna and 1 egg white and a myoplex low carb drink from gym
    snack two : handful broccoli, to bits cheese and a couple grapes
    meal two: chicken soup with rice noodles - preworkout food and 1/2 coffee ( i need to find another stimulant)
    post work out: 2 scoops protein(one whey one egg) pwdr..5grm glutamine

Blog Entries
    ps- got the egg protein powder thats a start.. and some sweet potatos, asparagus -- and more spinach.. so later i guess i will have 1/4 sweet potato and chicken and something green .. i dont think it is good for me to to am cardio on an empty stomach although i understand the purpose.. my blood sugar gets too low..
    thanks
    here is what my workout looked like today:workout: chest.. bench press 60lbs 12reps x 4 sets ; fly 50lbs 12 x 4 ; decline press 30 x12 x 4 ; dumbell flys 22.5 8- down to 17.5 12x 3 then i walked 20mins.. but all that is because of the caffine without it i am exhausted.

i am not disciplined with food and that is just how i am ..
    You need to get disciplined with food, that's just how it is.

Give me a complete list of foods you are willing to eat and stick to that doesn't include dairy.
    Waiting for this^

i pretty much eat anything as long as it is easy.. i am not disciplined with food and that is just how i am .. here is an example of today.. and alot of times i dont have an appetite.
    today: i went to gym to do cardio.. after 10mins no energy..
    then i ate.. 1/2 can tuna and 1 egg white and a myoplex low carb drink from gym
    snack two : handful broccoli, to bits cheese and a couple grapes
    meal two: chicken soup with rice noodles - preworkout food and 1/2 coffee ( i need to find another stimulant)
    post work out: 2 scoops protein(one whey one egg) pwdr..5grm glutamine
    This is the first place to start. And I get 'cha on this. Slow wins this race. So daily if you try to change one more habit or actually cook a meal or fix some food instead of just grabbing something then over time your lifestyle will change. Also by logging in it will help you drastically because everyone will see what you are doing....like Twist!

Consistency too. And planning even if just a meal ahead to start out with and build on that.

You can do it. You came to the right place to do it. And now finding the foods to do it with is the key.
    Author Unknown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information