Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    little_dude is offline Junior Member

Diet for fasting?

Hi and thank you to those that read this (sorry if it drags on), ok so I will be fasting for Ramadan. For those of you who arnt farmiliar its where I will be fasting from dawn to sunset so I wont be eating or drinking from about 3.30am - 9.15pm this will shorten over the days as we move further away from summer. As I am in holidays until uni starts in mid Sep I am in an ok position. so its similar to IF but i dont choose the window and nothing is allowed during the fast. I dont generally go to bed til 1-2 am usually so I have decided to just stay up the extra hour or 2 and eat. I will probs sleep from about 4am til 12pm, unless I have to be up in the morning, I will change accordingly.

I would actually like to cut during this month as I will be going on holiday in Sep.

Stats:
    5'6
    138 lbs (yeah I know :P)
    about 15% BF

I had initially aimed to bulk over the past few months but a previous shoulder problem came back, plus exam revision consumed most of my time so diet got messed up. But thats in the past now.

So I was wondering if it would be smart for me to cut during this month?

Below is a sample diet I made, I will lay it out pm to am as thats how my timetable will be set out.

9.15 pm - Protein shake, fruit 50/30/1 ~ 320 cal

9.30 pm - whatever dinner is, i.e chicken pasta, spag bol etc. I will aim to roughly meet 30/45/10 ~ 400cal

12.00am - Chicken breast, brown rice 35/50/5 ~ 400cal

1.00am - Workout (should the workout be kept shorter because of the fasting, I was thinking about 40 mins)

1.40am - Protein shake, oats, fruit 50/40/2 ~ 350cal

3.00am - 3 eggs, oats, 200 ml semi milk 30/35/22 ~ 450 cal

3.30am - Casien protein, 300 ml semi milk, banana 60/35/5 ~ 400cal

TOTAL: 255/235/45 ~ 2400 cal I believe that this is roughley maintenance or slightly less. I will adjust accordingly (if notice BF increase etc)

Any advice? thanks
    Last edited by little_dude; 07-29-2011 at 09:07 AM.

Thread Information