Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member

Woman's diet question

Ok so I have been giving a lot of people advice at work on excerise and dieting now. But had a fellow manager ask me to help her lose weight. I got her on a workOut routine and told her the right foods to eat. Also told her she would plateau at one point and she has now. Lost over 20# in 5 wks but had stopped.

I'm stuck now because not familiar with women's diet plans. She is not doing a bb diet at all. She's a rather thick woman who wants go lose weight. Was at 211 in the beginning. she recently just told me that shes not even eating 1500 cals a day. Which I think isn't enough.

My question is I was going to do the bmr and tdee using the Benedict formula. But does that work with someone who is just trying to lose weight?

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    20 is 5 weeks? I bet she was on a very low calorie program? had to be.....
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Sfla80 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Yes she was. That's what I was asking about the Benedict formula. Said in original post she was maybe getting 1500 a day.

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    goode - this is very nice of you to try to help the lady friend, but would it be possible for her to become a member and create a thread with stats and her goals. I think it would be helpful for her to verbalize what she wants to achieve and the whole process makes her accountable.

I started a thread newer lady needing diet and exercise guidance (or something like that) and it helped me out a TON...okay, not quite, but 35 pounds made a hugh difference in my appearance. I started out on about 1600 calories and working out most everyday - 8 months later, I look like a different gal!!

Thread Information