tarsand custom is offline New Member

Pickled food, mmmm mmmmm great snack

Anyone looking for a great item to snack on throughout the day. Pickled eggs and sausages are a great source of protien and they taste great! Lovin pickled food so much i thought id share it to those getting bored of chowing down on plain hard boiled eggs. Does anyone know of any negative effects of vinegar on the system? If so let me know.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Have any good recipes you can share?

I have been looking around for some cuz my pickling addiction is getting pricey. gonna be mixing up a vat of pickled sausages right away.. ill post the recipe if the turn out good.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Cool... looking forward to seeing it. Hope you're able to pull off a low-fat version of sausage.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Cool... looking forward to seeing it. Hope you're able to pull off a low-fat version of sausage.
    yeah no joke! can't make sausage without fat, it would be like chewing on leather!

Type 1 is offline New Member
    Do you make your own pickling solution? Salt would be a big concern for me. I've never tried pickled eggs either. I'm very culinarily diverse but for some reason pickled eggs remind me of some nasty bar with flies in the pickling juice. Ha ha. I think it was on a Simpsons episode years ago.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Interested to see the recipe. I wanted to try pickling myself, but it does remind me of the bar scene in the movie Ladies Man.

British pub pickled eggs
    Ingredients
    12 hard-boiled eggs
    4 cups of malt vinegar
    1 finely chopped chilli pepper
    10 black peppercorns
    10 whole cloves
    3 cinnamon sticks
    2 tsp of allspice
    Method
    Peel the hard-boiled eggs, allow them to cool and then place them in a large clean jar.
    Heat the vinegar and the spices in a saucepan until the liquid begins to boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
    Remove from the heat and allow to cool to about room temperature.
    Strain the liquid and pour over the eggs covering them completely.
    Seal the jar tightly with the lid and store in a cool and dark place for a minimum of two weeks before consuming.

This is the recipe i used for the eggs. Ill tell you how they taste in a few weeks.. really looking forward to it. Still looking at different options for sausage. Looking at low fat sausages in the market, chicken sausage, and home made sausage options. haha nothing wrong with a few flies.. extra flava

Thread Information