FatHor5e77 is offline New Member

Fat mans fat loss diet whilst training. I require a diet that suits early morning W/O

Hi everyone, I need some advice please.

I am starting @ a new gym this weekend and will be training early morning (6am) and I need a diet that will work with the training and help with fat loss. I weigh 250 pounds and I am 6'1. I havent found a great deal of information about the correct pre morning workout food. The aim is to lose weight and then cycle to help build the muscle. I have read about the risks involved with cycling with high BF% and have decided to put this to one side until I have lost weight and have a routine down that works. But the diet side seems to be where I am massively falling down. Can you please help, so that I can start on the right foot and then move closer to my goal of a low BF% and high muscle mass. Also I want to be able to get an accurate BF%, is there somewhere you can go to be tested accurately?
    Thanks in advance for your help.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Welcome to the board.

You need to post up what a typical day's diet looks like for you (as much detail as possible, and be honest!!). Nobody here is going to write you out a diet, however if you take the time to post up a proposed diet, we can help you sort it out.

If you have no idea where to begin, read the sticky's and check out others' threads. The Sticky's are a bit outdated and we are in the process of updating, but the will provide you with some fundamental knowledge that doesn't change.

FatHor5e77 is offline New Member
    Thanks for your reply gbrice, OK here it is.
    This is typical during the week.
    Breakfast: Oats, Fibre cereal, fruit (blueberry, apple, grapes or banana) 1 scoop of protein powder, Skimmed milk. None of this is measured.
    Lunch: either 2 tins of tuna on their own or 2 chicken salad wraps.
    Dinner: varies, sometimes fish (peppered mackerel) and salad or mince potatoes and veg or grilled chicken and Salad. I can honestly say this is typical throughout my working week. And when I and going to the gym I normally throw in at least 2 protein shakes with the above. I drink a lot of coffee and have fallen out of the habbit of drinking lots of water. I have huge stocks again so this will change. there is no picking during the day, only what I have written. And like I said above, I will start gym next week and will be training from 6-7am at least 3 times per week.
    With the introduction of the gym I am thinking the breakfast I have would be way to heavy pre workout. I have read that some would not eat anything and just have a coffee for early morning workout and others make eggs and have a full breakfast. So on this I am confused. Especially as I would have a protein shake after workout and then I would feel bloated if I tried to eat after.

However.... This is the routine I am in for the working week, the weekends look nothing like this. Where I dont get up as early the weekend and I spend time with my daughter my weekly routine goes to shit! I pick and I dont have my regular meals and I eat rubbish! I have alcohol at the weekends and generally drink between 4-8 cans. So I know I have displine issues and I am working on that. Also promised to kick the booze as soon as I am back in the gym, otherwise I don't see the point in paying £50 per month to stay fat! Sorry if this is an overload, I am trying to be as open as possible.
    Your help and opinion is very much appreciated.

Thread Information