412smb412 is offline New Member

Need tweaking with my cutting diet :) thx

170 lb
    5'10

bf - 20% or higher

university has shot down my diet and workout, am finally gettin back to living and eating healthy! here's my diet, im looking for any criticism or tweaks to the diet to help me cut down to 14%. I work out 4 to 5 times a week and am a student so i'm sitting a lot and studying therefore my activity level isn't much except for my workouts. so far no cardio... trying to avoid it if i can lol.

Meal 1: - 1 cup 1% milk, 1/2 cup quick oats heated in microwave, added 1 scoop syntha 6
    Calories: 118 – 9.7/13/2.9
    Calories: 148 – 5.5/27/2.7
    Calories: 200 – 22/15/6

Meal 2: 5 oz tuna with salsa
    Calories: 200 – 40/0/0

Meal 3: 1 cup FF cottage cheese with salsa
    Calories: 163 – 28/6/2

Meal 4: 4 oz non-red meat (chicken breast or cottage cheese or egg whites) with carrots and broccoli
    Calories: 231 – 43/0/5

Meal 5: Immediate Post-workout - 50g whey, 75g dextrose shake
    Calories: 130 – 24/5/1.5
    Calories: 280 – 0/75/0

Meal 6: chicken breast or cottage cheese or egg whites
    Calories: 200 – 40/0/0
    Last edited by 412smb412; 09-01-2011 at 10:30 PM.

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    WELCOME!

14% at what weight? specifics help. Plus in what kind of timeframe?

Fasted cardio will help shed BF real fast if you can do it consistently.

GOOD LUCK!
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    first of all, it doesn't look like you are eating enough. i think i only added about 1600-1700 cals. you need to be doing cardio if you really want to get the BF down and fasted cardio is even better. i would drop the milk out of the first meal, definitely drop the dextrose in postworkout and put in some complex carbs, and my other suggestion is to get some carbs in before your workout. your food choices are great, just get your macros right. you may want to do a 40% protein/40% carbs/20% fats or up the protein some and drop some carbs. others should help more, here is my 2 cents

ah yes fasted cardio. lmao i dread those two words... but yes i remember couple years ago when i was in decent shape, fasted cardio did wonders.... so im going to get serious about it then!

and as for the diet, i got it off of one of the members in the 'members pictures' thread. his ratio of macros were closer to what i have on my diet. i would like to get to 14% body fat but am not sure what a realistic/ healthy time frame and weight would be... from experience im an extreme endomorph and have already gained a little muscle weight since i started working out 2 weeks ago (with my diet) lol - but i know its just that muscle that i lost from a year of no physical activity :S.

basically im a size 34 right now and used to be a 31... i would like to get back to that and eventually get my abs to show... if the 40/40/20 ratio is better i dont mind changing up the diet. also was wondering about the complex carbs... i've always heard that u need simple carbs after a workout to spike insulin for ur body to go into 'sponge mode' and absorb everything in the blood.... thx for ur help every1

also what calorie intake should i aim for considering that i am a real hard endomorph ?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by 412smb412 View Post
    also what calorie intake should i aim for considering that i am a real hard endomorph ?
    Before I can give my .02 on this - you're 5'10, 170lbs around 20% bodyfat? Something doesn't add up. Do you have pics you can post up so we can see what we're dealing with here? It would be very helpful.

Thread Information