Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    And down 11lbs in 5 weeks! Good work. You MAY have a slightly false reading btw. You had crisps the day before weigh in? Salt is notorious for making you hold a little extra water.

Make next week a good week and have a really clean diet.

Keep it up!

Rya
    Rya is offline Junior Member
    Mid week weight : 138.2lb -1.8 since Sunday.

Might need to revise my diet and up the calories a bit?? Maybe drink more water?? Will hold of changing anything until official weigh day( Sunday)

It's worth noting that I'm training 6 days / week ... Might be over working? No noticeable strength loss.

I've also been running an EC stack for the past 3 weeks or so, or what Ive been told I ephedrine - I should get some chesteze and compare really.
    Last edited by Rya; 10-12-2011 at 06:06 AM.

Your strength shouldn't drop for quite a while yet.

Your weight loss will steady out as soon as your diet it consistent. ARe you getting your b/f checked weekly/fortnightly too?

What are your plans to run the ECA? I'd be inclined, once you know your tolerances, to run it 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.

Rya
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Your weight loss will steady out as soon as your diet it consistent. ARe you getting your b/f checked weekly/fortnightly too?
    no, no body fat checks currently.
    What are your plans to run the ECA? I'd be inclined, once you know your tolerances, to run it 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off.
    I'm running 20mg eph + 200mg caffeine 3 times a day (7/11/4)

I've ordered some sugar free syrup from the website you mentioned in a different thread, I'm going to cut out the raspberries once that arrives. I've decided to drop the 1/2 banana from my PWO meal also - adjusting the oat amount to compensate for the carb loss.

I have some new, better quality protein waiting for me at the post office (why do delivery people never deliver before 12??!) gonna factor that into my meal plan once I've picked it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Rya View Post
    no, no body fat checks currently.

I'm running 20mg eph + 200mg caffeine 3 times a day (7/11/4) No aspirin? And you are staying 'on' indefinitely? Also, I'd have the eph at 24mg.

I've ordered some sugar free syrup from the website you mentioned in a different thread, I'm going to cut out the raspberries once that arrives. I've decided to drop the 1/2 banana from my PWO meal also - adjusting the oat amount to compensate for the carb loss. Keep the rasps, or swap for a half red grapefruit. It'll do you more good than harm

I have some new, better quality protein waiting for me at the post office (why do delivery people never deliver before 12??!) gonna factor that into my meal plan once I've picked it up.
    What type have you gone for?

Rya
    Keep the raspberries for health reasons?

Yea, I plan on running the EC indefinitely, well until I hit my goal anyway. Would you recommend adding the aspirin back in? If so would I take it 3x? (couldn't find a clear answer to this)

The protein that I have ordered is; Optimum nutrition plat hydrowhey & Natures best isopure.

This is instead of the unflavoured basic whey that I have currently, I still have some calcium casein left, when that runs low I'll go for the micellar casein (it's better quality?). I also plan on alternating my pre bedtime meal between a shake and cottage cheese (with splenda! I had it by itself recently and I wasn't much of a fan) might go the route of the protein ice-cream and have it as a late night "desert" to help with cravings.

Keep the raspberries for health reasons? Yep, berries are good for you.

Yea, I plan on running the EC indefinitely, well until I hit my goal anyway. Would you recommend adding the aspirin back in? If so would I take it 3x? (couldn't find a clear answer to this) I would be taking it 2 weeks on and 2 weeks off. Certainly no more than 4 weeks on without at least a weeks break. 75mg(baby aspirin) of aspirin with each EC.

The protein that I have ordered is; Optimum nutrition plat hydrowhey & Natures best isopure. Only the most expensive ey? Hydro and Iso are, arguably, a little over the top but if your budget suits then that's fine. When do you propose consuming each of these?

This is instead of the unflavoured basic whey that I have currently, I still have some calcium casein left, when that runs low I'll go for the micellar casein (it's better quality?). Go for Optimum Nutrition Casein I also plan on alternating my pre bedtime meal between a shake and cottage cheese (with splenda! I had it by itself recently and I wasn't much of a fan) CC isn't everybody's cup of tea but CC or casein at bedtime are both good choices. I combine both for my bedtime meal. might go the route of the protein ice-cream and have it as a late night "desert" to help with cravings.
    Are you taking creatine at all?

Rya
    The protein will be for PWO / emergency situations i.e I forget to prepare something or don't have the time to prepare etc etc..

I dont take any creatine.

The protein will be for PWO / emergency situations i.e I forget to prepare something or don't have the time to prepare etc etc..

I dont take any creatine.
    Don't forget, hydro and iso are used by the body very quickly so not really suitable for meal replacement unless it's just to tide you over 30-60 mins.

Hear you on the creatine, absolutely no point if you are on ECA.

Rya
    Weighed in at 138.6lb yesterday, so 1.4lb loss for the week; pretty good as things started to go pear shaped mid week. I had a few days off work and wanted to eat everything that I saw, Which I mostly resisted but not completely.

Only 5 days of gym last week (took sat off as town was rammed b.c of the rugby)

I was planning on doing skinfold measurements yesterday but didn't get the chance, I will hopefully get this done soon.

Did a shop yesterday and picked up some fish, sugar free jelly,sugar free drinks, cottage cheese etc etc, all to add a bit more variety or have something carb free incase I get any urges, hopefully last weeks urges were just down to being off work. No issues so far today, I'm on plan and have no desire to stray!

Going to recalculate my meals this evening, to factor in new proteins etc etc

Nice weight loss, stay on track.

Being off work is so much harder to stick to the plan so you have to give extra thought to your prep.

Unlucky on the rugby, keep it going!

Rya
    Weight yesterday was 138.0 - .6 loss for the week, didn't do any gym sat as I was working and the gym shuts before I finish.

Not too bad, the extra gym day might have pushed me down a bit further but it's not a big deal, a loss is a loss!!

Eating hasn't been 100% but nothing disastrous, I'm fine during the day it's the evening that's catching me out. on a break from ECA this week too.

Rya
    Mid week weight : 137.4lb I'm going to do a 9 point skinfold check this weekend and maybe post some pics. Depending on the results I may start a lean bulk in a couple of weeks!

Time to atleast start planning a bulk diet I think!!

Definitely post pics. Steady weight loss so far despite not being 100

Where do you think your bf is?

Rya
    Definitely post pics. Steady weight loss so far despite not being 100

Where do you think your bf is?
    I have no idea on bf% if I'm honest, definitely higher than 10%. what picture angles would be best for a bf guess?

Should I wait until the weekend to do the caliper test or will I be ok to do it when I get home after training tonight?

Rya
    Quote Originally Posted by Rya

I have no idea on bf% if I'm honest, definitely higher than 10%. what picture angles would be best for a bf guess?

Should I wait until the weekend to do the caliper test or will I be ok to do it when I get home after training tonight?
    I decided last night that I am going to continue with my cutting diet but I am going to plan in a treat meal every week, I will also allow myself a treat "now and then"; I know that this will slow down the loss but I'm ok with that so long as it doesn't stop the loss.

I think that I've been wanting junk because I've cut it out for x weeks, at first it wasn't an issue, if I know that I can have a treat meal it will hopefully help!

Pics and calliper check on Sunday.

Rya
    Well, after my shocking week I had a pretty good week last week, having a cheat meal to look forward to is helping.

Started eca stack up again today after a 2 week break; will be great if that helps with appetite suppressing. my weight this morning was 138.4lb so a bit higher due to the blip week, but lower than it was the weekend of the blip week. I purposely haven't taken pics as it would have been after what was essentially a recovery week so I will 100% get some done this weekend.

I want to start planning a bulk diet, based upon my current weight I have calculated maintenance cals at between 2250 and 2412, depending on the website used, this is based on;

Height : 5.7
    Weight :138
    Exercise level : 5 days intense - bit sketchy on this, I do 6 days and would consider my workouts as intense though I do train alone...

So a bulk 500cal above maintenance would be 2750-2912 - over 1k cals more than I'm eating currently... Does this seem really high? I want to do a lean bulk; should I do a phased cal increase week on week?? I'm worried that I'll just end up fat again...

Input on bulk diet would be great, is a 40/40/20 macro split a good place to start?
    Last edited by Rya; 11-07-2011 at 09:34 AM.

Rya
    Mid week weight this morning was 137.0lb

I was tempted to do pics/bf check last night but I dont think that it was the best time? (after training) I'm all set for Sunday morning. Any tips on taking pictures? Relaxed/tensed/front/back?

I've decided to set a provisional end date for my cutting diet of : 4th De***ber then depending on how this Sunday goes, I may adjust my calories downwards slightly for the last few weeks, just to see how much I can get down to - I think that as long as I keep adhoc eating in check reducing cals will be easy enough.

I wish that I had taken pictures before / throughout, I can definitely see the difference in myself but it would have been nice to have the pics.

I'm in the process of planning my bulk diet and do intend on taking regular pictures and checking bf regularly too.

Ah, post workout when pumped may look the best but it really doesn't matter. Better idea of bf if photo's relaxed but chuck some poses in there too. Front, rear and lower.

Do you plan on running maintenance until Christmas? Should give you time to work out what your actual maintenance is. Personally, I would add 300cals per day for the first 2-3 weeks on a bulk just to work out exactly how you are reacting to the increase re:bodyfat increase.

Bit of weight loss, good. I wouldn't drop your cals any further for the last few weeks, just keep the cheating out of the equation. It's wrong to think you should eat less just so uou can cheat. Just don't cheat!

Rya
    Do you plan on running maintenance until Christmas? Should give you time to work out what your actual maintenance is. Personally, I would add 300cals per day for the first 2-3 weeks on a bulk just to work out exactly how you are reacting to the increase re:bodyfat increase.
    I was planning on just going straight to bulk, only with a phased increase as you have suggested, takin the first few weeks to assess how my body is reacting to the increase and take it from there.

Rya
    Resistance is futile??? Pssht, I managed to resist the urge to eat some amazing looking cherry pie last night!!

Weight was down again this morning, not sure if I should be concerned or pleased...

Bit anxious about Sunday's pics/bf check, ignorance is bliss and all that. Whether my progress matches my aim or not I don't know but I'm happy with the progress that I have made, which is what really matters.

Rya
    I'm currently in the process of creating my maintenance/bulk diet plan, I have come up with the following :

2200 cals; macro 45/40/15 p/c/f

247/220/36

Meal 1 - oat pancakes with raspberries

Cal : 337
    P : 23
    C : 39
    F : 8

Meal 2 10:00 am - 150g chicken + sweet potato + veg

Cal : 325
    P : 44
    C : 23
    F : 6

Meal 3 - 12:00 - 100g chicken + cup brown rice

Cal : 368
    P : 33
    C : 46
    F : 5

Meal 4 14:00 - same as meal 2

Cal : 324
    P : 44
    C : 23
    F : 6

Meal 5 - 17:30 post workout shake

1scoo whey
    1scoop casein
    50g oats

Cal : 424
    P : 55
    C : 40
    F: 5

Meal 6 19:00 - 150g chicken + 150g sweet potato + veg

Cal : 299
    P : 31
    C : 35
    F : 5

Meal 7 : 21:00 - 150g cottage cheese

Cal : 98
    P : 14
    C : 7.5
    F : 1

Totals

Cal : 2173
    P : 244
    C : 212
    F : 34.5+1g from flax seed capsule

I have calculated the above using the macro sticky.

The above will take me from roughly 1800/day up to 2200/day, as such I have determined that this will be a maintenance/bulk diet depending on how my body reacts. If I start piling on loads of fat I'll have mix it up a bit.

At what rate would you expect me to put on weight? I'm not looking to smash on 20lb just to need to cut 20lb at the end..

The diet will last roughly 6-12 weeks -results dependant.

Does the food split look ok? Veg has not been factored into the meal total - should it be??
    Last edited by Rya; 11-28-2011 at 07:50 AM.

Are you altering your workouts at all? Less cardio? If so, how much less?

Rya
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Are you altering your workouts at all? Less cardio? If so, how much less?
    Workout will be the same but hopefuly with heavier weights as time goes on! same amount of cardio; 30min after training.

I need to recalculate the macros for my planned diet as the values within the macronutrient sticky do not state whether it is cooked or uncooked. the meals will be the same but with the amounts adjusted slightly.

I have just done a Skinfold check, had a friend do it so i expect a degree of innacuracy. I used the 9 points guide posted by Fireguy within the picutre section - ive also just emailed my gym asking if they do checks (i moved gyms last week - only £9.99 a month now!!)

I had a bit of a wierd weekend, woke up saturday and it was asif i could have sleapt all day! and i was going out in the evening so i descided to eat more carbs than i normaly would have - skipped the gym too due to wierd energy levels, then i drank far too much in the evening (first time drinking in a few weeks) and had a crap eating day yesterday (too many carbs not enough of anything else!!) today wasnt much better tbh, not so much with the carbs being high i just missed 2 meals ><

well, anyway when i weighed myself earlier i came in at 138.4lb which is about 4lb over where i was the same time last week, this put my body fat % at : 11.12% - im sure that this is way off as i feel a lot fatter than 11% I will post pictures before i switch my diet over.

Depending on what type of carbs you (over?)indulged in, you may just be bloated which can leave you feeling fat.

Not many gyms do skinfold checks any more. You prob need a 'competitive' bodybuilding gym to get one of them done. Should be a few of those in your neck of the woods.

400cal increase is probably about right for maintenance, IF you were losing at 1800cals. Just monitor yourself and adjust where necessary. Your calculations look about right for uncooked weights. I'd add maybe another 10-15g protein at meal 1.

If you need additional cals to maintain or gain, add them from carbs.

Rya
    I dont take any suplements, are there any that you would reccomend that i start taking? creatine,zma? etc etc

GOing to order some protein this evening/tomorrow so i'll throw in some other supplements if theres a benefit to it.

I would recommend BCAA's, not essential but, I sip on 10g worth during every weights workout and feel that my energy and strength last throughout the workout. Pre workout I also take caffeine and kre alkalyn creatine. It's the type of creatine that suits me better though is a little more expensive than mono or cee. Suggest you go to myprotein or bodybuilding warehouse if you don't already.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information