Thread: HCG diet

DrSchmee is offline Junior Member

Cool HCG diet

Im getting ready to start a 28 day diet of 500 cal. a day. I cant have any fat, sugar, and very little carbs.

Have any of you done this diet before? if so i would like some help of good food to make.

auslifta is offline Retired MONITOR
    That is the worst diet. 500 cals wouldn't even supply enough protein carbs and EFA's to a child. It would do so many adverse effects to your body.

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    That is the worst diet. 500 cals wouldn't even supply enough protein carbs and EFA's to a child. It would do so many adverse effects to your body.
    what he said!

Sicko is offline Senior Member
    By all means this is not the best way to lose weight. Is it effective? Yes I know it is.. I personally know two people who went on this diet successfully losing over thirty pounds. And maintaining it as well.( have not spoken to them rescently, but I am sure they are doing just as well.) The argument that is always brought up is that 500 cals? Of course you will lose weight, the difference is with the HCG you are able not to lose as much muscle as you would strictly on a 500cal diet alone. It is called the Simeon diet. There are many studies to support this diet as there are ones to discount its validity. I go with the proof I have seen. They both said the first week was hard adjusting but after that it was pretty easy to follow. I dont believe you will be able to train at all during this diet as your cal intake will be so deficient you would probably pass out 5 minutes into it.
    Good luck and please report back with your results so people can hear first hand the facts/myths behind this diet.

juice box is offline New Member
    Blog Entries
    you are going to lose so much muscle u will want to kill ur self ..... Am no pro on diets but that will make you skinny as hell

Quote Originally Posted by DrSchmee View Post
    Im getting ready to start a 28 day diet of 500 cal. a day. I cant have any fat, sugar, and very little carbs.
    Have any of you done this diet before? if so i would like some help of good food to make.
    I dont see how many mg of hcg you plan on doing a day? Is this self admin. or is this thru a clinic? Make sure it is injections as the oral version of this diet is 100% fake and nothing more than vitamins at best

I will let you guys know how it goes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sicko View Post
    I dont see how many mg of hcg you plan on doing a day? Is this self admin. or is this thru a clinic? Make sure it is injections as the oral version of this diet is 100% fake and nothing more than vitamins at best
    Im taking the oral version, the guy im getting it from also lost 45lbs from this. Ill keep you guys in the loop.

Its 3 drops 3 times a day.

Im taking the oral version, the guy im getting it from also lost 45lbs from this. Ill keep you guys in the loop.

Its 3 drops 3 times a day.
    good luck with that..basically with the oral version you are just doing a starvation diet with no assistance from HCG . read the article on Dr.simeons diet and google info about HCG you will find nothing but facts pointing to oral hcg being fake promoted only by those who sell it.
    hcg is so easily obtained, get some real hcg read up on the diet protocals for daily injections and do it right, or save your money IMO...

warchild is offline Knowledgeable Member
    oral hcg is faker than *bashing is never a good idea

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    good luck. diet seems more like starvation. one of my colleauges is doing it and not doing so well...hard to only eat 500 cals. good luck!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I have lots of friends who are on it and they look SKINNY as heck
    Last edited by SlimmerMe; 09-23-2011 at 12:35 PM.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

M302_Imola is offline Knowledgeable Member
    My workout partner is a 53 year old man and he recently did the HCG diet. He went from 240 lbs to 215 lbs in 28 days. I was very skeptical that there would be a rebound effect in weight gain but he has been off the diet for 2 months and still hasn't gained a lb. After the 28 day layoff from the gym (during the HCG diet) he was weaker at 1st but after about two weeks his strength is back up to par to when he was 240 lbs. His diet before the HCG diet wasn't good at all and what the HCG diet showed him is how susceptible he is to fat gain from excessive carbs. He has been eating carbs only for breakfast for awhile with good results. He has way more energy now than when he was 240 lbs.

It has been 7 days since I started the HCG diet, my starting weight was 222.8 and now Im 208.4.....
    The diet is tough but IMO it is worth it. I got two more weeks and Im trying to get under 200.

damn thats a lot of weight, has to be a combo of muscle and fat. how bout you log in everyday and put what you eat and how you feel through out the day. keep it up!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    what happens to the fat cells once the shots stop? curious if anyone knows...
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    what happens to the fat cells once the shots stop? curious if anyone knows...
    he isn't doing the shots, i think he has the oral stuff. fat cells are here to stay unless liposuction

yogiart is offline Junior Member
    I know a friend who has been on this diet. He lost a lot of weight. One thing I must say though, he looks a lot older after he lost the weight. He lost probably 40-50lb and he kept the weight off until now. He is not a bber and does not exercise regularly. I've seen him cheat and eat high carb, high fat food sometimes but soon he goes back on his diet.
    I think this is a very bad diet if your goal is to keep muscles as much as you can while you lose a lot of weight.
    I have no idea what would the HCG does for that purpose. I've used it before while I was on cycle and during PCT. I would not use it during a cycle anymore although it kept my balls fairly big.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry I'm new to these hcg diets. Can someone explain what the hcg actually does when used in a diet?

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    bump someone!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr Pepper View Post
    Sorry I'm new to these hcg diets. Can someone explain what the hcg actually does when used in a diet?
    The HCG (injectable, oral is crap) is suppose to help preserve muscle while on a 500 cal diet. Normally the HCG is mixed w/ Vit b12 to help energy levels.

Does anybody knows if it actually preserve muscles or just a load of . . .? I believe that HCG is legal in USA but what about the injectable?

Quote Originally Posted by yogiart View Post
    Does anybody knows if it actually preserve muscles or just a load of . . .? I believe that HCG is legal in USA but what about the injectable?
    It seemed to preserve muscle in my workout partner. The fact he dropped 30 lbs. and still lift the same amount of weight when he was 30 lbs. heavier speaks volumes to me. I will note that he is on HRT.

2 weeks in and im down to 201.2.... On this oral Crap....
    It seems to be working for me. Also i have not lost any muscle mass.

PrairieDawg is offline Senior Member
    Quote Originally Posted by yogiart View Post
    I would not use it during a cycle anymore although it kept my balls fairly big.
    Why wouldn't you use it on cycle again? I'm going to try it out on my upcoming one. Hoping it preserves the gains alittle more.

Is this stuff effective enough to cut fat during a bulking cycle or do you have to do this 500 cal thing? I feel like a starving Somalian if I eat under 2000 cals in a day.

2 weeks in and im down to 201.2.... On this oral Crap....
    It seems to be working for me. Also i have not lost any muscle mass.
    thats awesome, keep it up! in those 500cals, what are you consuming?

Quote Originally Posted by PrairieDawg View Post
    Why wouldn't you use it on cycle again? I'm going to try it out on my upcoming one. Hoping it preserves the gains alittle more.

Is this stuff effective enough to cut fat during a bulking cycle or do you have to do this 500 cal thing? I feel like a starving Somalian if I eat under 2000 cals in a day.
    imo, it is better using it during PCT to help regain size, natural test and libido. The only benefit I know for using it during the cycle is to keep balls size. This is as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by 00ragincajun00 View Post
    thats awesome, keep it up! in those 500cals, what are you consuming?
    pump for that question. you should not do any training at all during these 28 days. There is no energy for that.

I eat a apple for breakfast
    lunch is 3.5-4 oz of either chicken, lean beef , of shrimp with green veggies
    an orange for a snack
    dinner 3.5-4 oz of meat ( different then lunch ) and green veggies.

everything is cook with no oil.

Maybe but I am very reluctant about it

Corpsman is offline Associate Member
    I think you can only get hcg with a prescription in the US. So anything you would get OTC would be like buying "Ultimate HGH".

I know a guy who did this diet and got injectable hcg from his nutritionist. Maybe the nutritionist is a doctor. I can ask my friend.

So im in the stabilizing stage of the diet, I am now at 197.

Oral HCG is useless, your just starving yourself. Your "stabilizing" stage because your body is trying to hold onto as much energy(fat/muscle) as possible. You will start to shed muscle as it it more energy taxing than fat. Your metabolism is starting to slow as well, as your body lowers its production of T3. Why don't you just eat proper amounts of protein and adjust carbs, this will lead to a healthier lifestyle rather than a fad. I'm just so against these methods of "dieting".

Once you start to eat again you'll be in a worse position than when you started. Mainly because you would have slowed your metabolism, you will have less muscle, and your body will be mre inclined to hold onto fat for future "starvation" state in the future. Just eat properly and get on the treadmill!

Also i have not lost any muscle mass.
    And how do you know this?

Swifto is offline Banned- Scammer!
    HCG in comparale studies to sterile saline injections showed no increase in the reduction of fat mass. Its bullshit.

500 cals is why you lose weight, not because of HCG.

Quote Originally Posted by auslifta View Post
    Once you start to eat again you'll be in a worse position than when you started. Mainly because you would have slowed your metabolism, you will have less muscle, and your body will be mre inclined to hold onto fat for future "starvation" state in the future. Just eat properly and get on the treadmill!
    Started to eat normal and the weight is still not coming back. I went from 222 to 197 and I feel great. I have started working out again so now its time to add some muscle.

Thread Information