Thread: Protein shake

hsvcraig is offline Associate Member

Protein shake

For bulking when is the best times to take protein shakes? My shakes are 38g carbs to 27g protein. I'm 220 lb 6"1 12% bodyfat. How many grams should I have each time? Cheers guys

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by hsvcraig View Post
    For bulking when is the best times to take protein shakes? My shakes are 38g carbs to 27g protein. I'm 220 lb 6"1 12% bodyfat. How many grams should I have each time? Cheers guys
    There's no 'best time' - although PWO is a good time for whey if you want fast absorption.

My answer is the best time is anytime you need to eat but can't get food in... i.e. supplement with the shake.

For a 'bulk' (I wouldn't personally bulk at 12%... actually I wouldn't bulk at all but that's just me), your shakes are pretty light, no? I'd probably have double the protein and maybe even double the carbs.

Can't really answer your last question bro - you need to post up your complete diet. Can't comment on only a single piece of a puzzle without seeing the other pieces, u feel?

hsvcraig is offline Associate Member
    Well to be honest I'm only guessing 12% fat, I'd have the same amount as fat as my profile picture just some more muscle, what would be your guess on that you reckon? N pwo, that's post work out not pre work out is that right? So you reckon steer clear of the shakes IF POSSIBLE n try eat the food instead. Thanks alot buddy

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by hsvcraig View Post
    Well to be honest I'm only guessing 12% fat, I'd have the same amount as fat as my profile picture just some more muscle, what would be your guess on that you reckon? N pwo, that's post work out not pre work out is that right? So you reckon steer clear of the shakes IF POSSIBLE n try eat the food instead. Thanks alot buddy
    lol VERY hard to say from that pic... it's small... and blurry. If you have any other pics you can post up here and/or in the members pics section, i'd be happy to give you an estimate.

pwo = post workout

re: the shakes - it's not even that you need to steer clear necessarily... my problem is I see alot of guys eating 60-70% of their diet in shakes - whey shakes. You should be having a blended protein - whey, casein, egg, etc. with the possible exception of PWO (I still use a blend even then however) where straight whey may be beneficial.

Thread Information