NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member

How to do a cut diet

I am going to try and cut some body fat in November and December in order to gain the most out of a blast I plan to do in January. My current stats are:

6'0"
    253.8lbs
    20-22% BF....This is a guess. Had it checked in March and it was 18% and I was basically the same weight. So I am leaning towards the heavy side. I probably need to get it checked.

Currently I am doing a carb rotation...2 days low, 2 day high

Low Days
    2265 calories
    300g Protein--53%
    120g Carbs--22%
    65g Fats--25%

High Days
    2705 calories
    300g Protein--45%
    230g Carbs--34%
    65g Fat--21%

I eat clean, however I know I do not get enough veggies for my carbs. My carbs consist of brown rice, whole grain bread, whole grain tortillas, black beans, kidney beans etc.... I do throw in some green beans, green peas occassionally. So I know that I need to drop the bread and tortillas and add in some more veggies, but the carb levels do not equal each other so how does that work? Do I just eat more veggies?

My proteins are chicken, ground turkey, ground beef, protein shake(Pre/post workout only), the occasional steat(very rarely though)

Fats are mainly turkey sausage I have with breakfast, eggs, cheese and whatever meats I eat.

So I was wanting to know if anybody could help me come up with a good cutting diet for the next two months. I definately do not want to lose any muscle. Do I drop my calories lower? Do I keep with my carb rotation but just get rid of the bread, tortillas, cheese and turkey sausage?

I also plan on changing my lifting routine also, but I have to do some research on a good plan to help me lose weight. Right now I just lift heavy with no cardio. I have been lifting heavy for the last 6 weeks in an attempt to bench 405 next Friday.

So any help you can throw my way I would appreciate it. And by the way I am on TRT(no previous AAS use) at 200mg EW, 3 mg AI, and 600i.u. HCG EW.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I didn't get the chance to read your entire post to be honest, but based on the title alone, please check the sticky http://forums.steroid.com/showthread...g#.TqHS25viHBI

Brand new, was literally just posted a few days ago so the info is current. Hope this helps!

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!

read in bold

read in bold
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSUPERMODEL View Post
    I am going to try and cut some body fat in November and December in order to gain the most out of a blast I plan to do in January. My current stats are:

6'0"
    253.8lbs
    20-22% BF....This is a guess. Had it checked in March and it was 18% and I was basically the same weight. So I am leaning towards the heavy side. I probably need to get it checked. get it checked and post up some pics

Currently I am doing a carb rotation...2 days low, 2 day high if you must do carb cycling go 3 low 1 high

Low Days
    2265 calories
    300g Protein--53%
    120g Carbs--22%
    65g Fats--25%

High Days
    2705 calories
    300g Protein--45%
    230g Carbs--34%
    65g Fat--21%

try and keep fats in the 10-15% range throughout the diet, carbs at breakfast pre workout and PWO only, only add fat into diet at last meal of the day(sometimes pre workout). stick to core movements when lifting, do fasted cardio 5/6/7 times a week.
    eat clean, only cheat meal when REALLY have to and do extra cardio to make up for cheating, do it consistently for 13 weeks, drop carbs progressively throughout when a plateaux is reached

I eat clean, however I know I do not get enough veggies for my carbs. My carbs consist of brown rice, whole grain bread, whole grain tortillas, black beans, kidney beans etc.... I do throw in some green beans, green peas occassionally. So I know that I need to drop the bread and tortillas and add in some more veggies, but the carb levels do not equal each other so how does that work? Do I just eat more veggies? add more real food protein

My proteins are chicken, ground turkey, ground beef, protein shake(Pre/post workout only), the occasional steat(very rarely though) good, steaks are good at last meal of the day

Fats are mainly turkey sausage I have with breakfast, eggs, cheese and whatever meats I eat. drop all cheese, dairy and milk, it has no place in the BB diet

So I was wanting to know if anybody could help me come up with a good cutting diet for the next two months. I definately do not want to lose any muscle. Do I drop my calories lower? Do I keep with my carb rotation but just get rid of the bread, tortillas, cheese and turkey sausage? in bold

I also plan on changing my lifting routine also, but I have to do some research on a good plan to help me lose weight. Right now I just lift heavy with no cardio. I have been lifting heavy for the last 6 weeks in an attempt to bench 405 next Friday.

So any help you can throw my way I would appreciate it. And by the way I am on TRT(no previous AAS use) at 200mg EW, 3 mg AI, and 600i.u. HCG EW.

What you've posted as your proposed diet is not really a carb-cycling diet. The point of a true carb-cycle diet is to completely deplete glycogen stores over a several day period and then refeed or restore them before reaching ketosis of LBM starts to suffer.

As far as your macro split goes, the "low carb" diet would be fine to run for any length of time without needing a refeed or high carb day, although I would recommend that you drop some of the fats as FQ suggested. Your fat sources could be improved as well, ie. fish oil pills, EVOO, oily fish like salmon, etc. You have 120g of carbs so just split it up so you have 40g at breakfast, 40g pre-WO, and 40g post-WO.

What are you planning to do far cardio? It is just as important as diet for losing BF IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Hartman View Post
    What you've posted as your proposed diet is not really a carb-cycling diet. The point of a true carb-cycle diet is to completely deplete glycogen stores over a several day period and then refeed or restore them before reaching ketosis of LBM starts to suffer.

As far as your macro split goes, the "low carb" diet would be fine to run for any length of time without needing a refeed or high carb day, although I would recommend that you drop some of the fats as FQ suggested. Your fat sources could be improved as well, ie. fish oil pills, EVOO, oily fish like salmon, etc. You have 120g of carbs so just split it up so you have 40g at breakfast, 40g pre-WO, and 40g post-WO.

What are you planning to do far cardio? It is just as important as diet for losing BF IMO.

I like to do HIT on the treadmill. Usually a warm up walk for 5 minutes, 10 minutes of HIT and then a 5 minute cool down. Thats how I usually start out, then I add a minute to my HIT time every week until I get up to 20 minutes of HIT.

Quote Originally Posted by MR-FQ320 View Post
    read in bold
    Thank you for all the suggestions. I definately do not get my carbs in the morning. Is it okay to do oatmeal preworkout? Should I do a fast acting carb post workout and just let it count as my carb? Is it okay to get veggies throughout the day even though they have carbs in them?

Here are some pics of me about 5 weeks ago and 10 pounds heavier than I currently am.
    Last edited by NOSUPERMODEL; 10-24-2011 at 08:14 AM.

MR-FQ320 is offline This means war!
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSUPERMODEL View Post
    Thank you for all the suggestions. I definately do not get my carbs in the morning. Is it okay to do oatmeal preworkout? Should I do a fast acting carb post workout and just let it count as my carb? Is it okay to get veggies throughout the day even though they have carbs in them?
    Hey, sorry for really late reply, my PC is down and so is is iPhone :-?(

oatmeal is fine pre workout,

PWO try for slow acting carbs, oatmeal is fine again, or do a mix of fast and slow,

Veggies are fine throughout, I dont even add then into the macros, keep veggies green and leafy.

Thread Information