banni09 is offline New Member

A quick update... & wanting to push on?

Hey guys & girls.

Just a quick update on how im getting on....

I don't post much by the way but am always reading in the background.

Last time i posted back in june i was at about 145 pounds & im now at 170 pounds. All natural but a lot of hard work with regards to my diet.

An average day for me food wise...

Breakfast; 6 eggs (6 whites, 2 yolks) & large bowl porridge

Mid morning; CNP PRO MASS shake

Lunch; 125 gram chicken breast with large box of wholewheat pasta with veg

Mid afternoon; CNP PRO MASS shake

Dinner; either good portion of fish/chicken/turkey with 2 large sweet potatoes with veg

Supper; either rump steak with veg and a bit of rice or if no steak a plain tuna sandwich on wholemeal bread

Obviously some meals vary slightly but always making sure i have a good source of protein carbs pretty much every meal.

My gains have been great but they seem to have slowed now and im just wondering what is the next step? Obviously im not a millionaire so cant have steak everywhere i always try to get a goof variety of protein in as much as possible but in order to push forward what should i look at doing?

Also trying to find out is pork loin a good source and clean source of protein? & also instead of having porridge in a morning would a smoothy consisting of same amount of oats my protein shake and ice be a substitute for my current breakfast when im in a major rush?

Thanks in advance.

Banni

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    WOW! you have made great progress and all natural! good for you!

As far as pork loin? I eat it and so do many others. Since lean probably just fine.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Well done mate, keep up the good work

little_dude is offline Junior Member
    You need to post the macros (protein/carbs/fats/ calories) for each of your meals (and an end total) in order to get proper feedback. also what are your full stats (age, height, BF) and what was your BF at 145 and what is it now. with regards to your last question, its fine as long as you stick to the macros using clean food sources (i,e, good carbs etc), do u mean using you CNP PRO MASS here as well instead of the eggs. you may wantr to use a protin blend instead. also you may want to add a casien shake before bed or some cottage cheese (there both slow releasing proteins). also do you have any before and after pics (there always good to see, to check the progress, congrats btw)
    Last edited by little_dude; 10-24-2011 at 05:36 PM.

Here are some pics below (hope they work)... First ones being from when i started in june and last pics was about 3 weeks ago. As you can see BF hasn't changed much at all. I'm very lean and think i always will be to be honest. I don't say amazing changes yet but i see a start... its nice to start to have a little bit of shape;

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	50223f50.jpg 
Views:	96 
Size:	103.2 KB 
ID:	117488Click image for larger version. 

Name:	9ca31634.jpg 
Views:	79 
Size:	103.8 KB 
ID:	117489Click image for larger version. 

Name:	afc2beef.jpg 
Views:	95 
Size:	123.3 KB 
ID:	117490

With regards to macros i will jot them all together and come back. Is it literally a case of maybe hitting another meal a day? or have i got to be a bit more clever about it than that in order to keep progressing?

Thanks again

Oh and stats.... i'm 5ft 11, 23 years old, currently 170 pounds not to sure on BF but maybe someone could guess from pics?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails A quick update... & wanting to push on?-64b0e186.jpg  
    Last edited by banni09; 10-25-2011 at 02:35 AM.

Dr Pepper is offline Anabolic Member
    Mate like I said before uv done well and seeing the photos u can see you gained some muscle and definition.

But unfortunately it's not as simple as adding another meal. If you post your full macro's And let us help you out I'm sure you will see even more results first...

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    With all due respect, if you don't see amazing changes, you're sick in the head.

I get it though... I know we're our own toughest critics. I'm sure you can search and pull up a dozen threads where I said the same thing about myself.

You are making GREAT progress. Keep doing what you're doing, it's working!

Based on those pics, i'd put you at < > 15% body fat.

Im not saying I don't see good results mate because I think in that length of time I've done well. All my t-shirts are getting really tight around chest/back and arms.

I just think it's important to stay focused and keep driving on to your true goals. But thank you for all the positive comments does make you think your works paying off.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Quote Originally Posted by banni09 View Post
    Im not saying I don't see good results mate because I think in that length of time I've done well. All my t-shirts are getting really tight around chest/back and arms.
    Great sign... all the right places!

Quote Originally Posted by banni09 View Post
    I just think it's important to stay focused and keep driving on to your true goals. But thank you for all the positive comments does make you think your works paying off.
    I couldn't agree more. The only way to go is up... chances are you will always want more. This doesn't seem to be the kind of lifestyle where you ever reach that point where you think "this is it, this is what I wanted... i'm happy this way".

3 years ago, if you showed me a pic then of how I look today, I probably would have pissed myself with joy. In the present however, I can pick out 100 things 'wrong' with my physique. Never satisfied!

Anyway, i've digressed a bit but yea mate, you're doing really well. Glad to see this, just stay consistent and you'll continue to progress.

im83931 is offline Senior Member
    Hey man, you are doing great. Thats an amazing transformation.

Keep up what you are doing because you've obviously got something right.

I have just tried to keep my diet as clean as possible. Obviously you have bad days where you think I'm putting all this effort in and not seeing results but as gbrice said you only see the negatives at times. I think the next step for me would be to get to around 185 pounds then see how I've changed again. Just going to have to keep working hard at the gym and keep good focus on the food. Thanks again for the kind words it's what drives me on!!

Thread Information