NOSUPERMODEL is offline Member

Need help with my diet. Trying to lose

I am 6' and 252lbs. I am right at about 20-22% BF. I want to drop some body fat(probably around 20 pounds) in order to do a blast in January. I am currently on TRT with a protocol of 200mgs Test Cyp every week, 500iu of HCG , and 3 mgs of AI per week. Below is a sample of my current diet. I know I do not get enough veggies, which I am trying to change. So here it is below. I track everything through Bodybugg and log my food. I have been drinking too much on the weekends with football season and deer season. That is all stopping. Had my last blowout this past weekend.

8:00 AM
    3 eggs
    1 slice of cheese
    1/2 cup brown rice

10:30 AM
    5.75 oz chicken breast

1:00 PM
    5.75 oz. chicken
    1/2 cup of brown rice

3:30
    6oz chicken breast
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    1 serving of Reduced Fat Peanut Butter

4:30
    2 scoops of whey protein(TYPICALLY I WALL HAVE 3 SCOOPS HERE...1 BEFORE WORKOUT AND TWO POST WORKOUT)

7:30
    10oz chicken breast
    4 whole wheat tortillas
    3 oz. Reduced fat Mozarella cheese

Totals for this food comsumption

Calories-2215
    Protein-290 grams 52%
    Carbs-122 grams 22%
    Fats-62.5 grams 26%

Tear it a part guys. I know it needs some adjusting. Thats why I am here.

jpowell is offline Banned
    ok. imo, gathered from what people have told me, if your goal is to cut/drop- get rid of cheese, switch the pb to natty, i wodnt do the pre w/o whey, switch out that p/o meal with sumthing else. obvi leave the chicken. the bread in general id replae it with something. but other than that to me, it look ok. as im fairly new to the science part of this, im sure sumbody with more exp will help. gbrice seems to know alot on this subject!

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Quote Originally Posted by NOSUPERMODEL View Post
    I am 6' and 252lbs. I am right at about 20-22% BF. I want to drop some body fat(probably around 20 pounds) in order to do a blast in January. I am currently on TRT with a protocol of 200mgs Test Cyp every week, 500iu of HCG , and 3 mgs of AI per week. Below is a sample of my current diet. I know I do not get enough veggies, which I am trying to change. So here it is below. I track everything through Bodybugg and log my food. I have been drinking too much on the weekends with football season and deer season. That is all stopping. Had my last blowout this past weekend.

8:00 AM
    3 eggs whole egg? or egg whites hopefully
    1 slice of cheese NOPE
    1/2 cup brown rice

10:30 AM
    5.75 oz chicken breast

1:00 PM
    5.75 oz. chicken
    1/2 cup of brown rice

3:30
    6oz chicken breast
    1 slice whole wheat bread
    1 serving of Reduced Fat Peanut Butter go for natural

4:30
    2 scoops of whey protein(TYPICALLY I WALL HAVE 3 SCOOPS HERE...1 BEFORE WORKOUT AND TWO POST WORKOUT) not sure but think 1 scoop will do

7:30
    10oz chicken breast
    4 whole wheat tortillas 4 tortillas? too much
    3 oz. Reduced fat Mozarella cheese try to do cottage cheese FF or 1%

Totals for this food comsumption

Calories-2215
    Protein-290 grams 52%
    Carbs-122 grams 22%
    Fats-62.5 grams 26%

Tear it a part guys. I know it needs some adjusting. Thats why I am here.
    Bold above. GOOD LUCK!

Keeping a log would help if you want to do that I highly suggest it.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

an off the wall question..-why r you running a cycle with your bf so high? from what i herd you need to b pretty low to have optimal results.

ok did sum research. safe to assume your prescribed?

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Your diet looks similar to mine, but I avoid processed stuff like tortillas (my carbs come from oats in the morning and brown rice at lunch). I get my fats from almonds rather than cheese.

You will probably do very well on that diet. Maybe better with a few tweaks. The important thing is to get started and see what happens. You can make adjustments every week or two as needed.

I lost weight quickly in the first two weeks and then leveled off to a consistent two pounds a week. I use a 60/20/20 diet to make sure I get enough protein, but not everyone does well on low carb diets.

Ooops, double post.
    Last edited by JohnnyVegas; 12-13-2011 at 06:43 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    an off the wall question..-why r you running a cycle with your bf so high? from what i herd you need to b pretty low to have optimal results.
    I am not doing a cycle right now. I am on Testosterone Repla***ent. I am wanting to do a cycle sometime in January, but I know that I have to drop some weight first.

Quote Originally Posted by jpowell View Post
    ok did sum research. safe to assume your prescribed?
    Yes I am.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Your diet looks similar to mine, but I avoid processed stuff like tortillas (my carbs come from oats in the morning and brown rice at lunch). I get my fats from almonds rather than cheese.

You will probably do very well on that diet. Maybe better with a few tweaks. The important thing is to get started and see what happens. You can make adjustments every week or two as needed.

I lost weight quickly in the first two weeks and then leveled off to a consistent two pounds a week. I use a 60/20/20 (you are almost the same) diet to make sure I get enough protein, but not everyone does well on low carb diets.
    Low carbs do not bother me. I seem to have the same energy whether I eat 125 grams or 325 grams. But I like to keep them low because if I eat alot of carbs I feel bloated, and it upsets my stomach quite a bit.

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    You can drink smoothies for your veggies, imo. What are you doing for exercise?

Quote Originally Posted by tbody66 View Post
    You can drink smoothies for your veggies, imo. What are you doing for exercise?
    Mainly just lifting weights. I am going to start cardio 3-4 times a day. Either moderate cardio for 30 minutes or doing HIT for 15-20 minutes.

I would think 2200 calories would work pretty well. I was cutting at 1800 (until I got stuck around 193 pounds), but I was starting at 210 pounds.

TRT helped me lose muscle and drop fat at the same time. It was confusing at first because I was losing fat but not losing weight. The mirror will be a better gauge of your progress than the scale. Even better is accurate BF measurements.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    NSM hows it going man.. im also on TRT and also like u wantd to drop fat.. startd 12 weeks ago at 213 and 22%bf.. now at 193 and @13%.. a big thing u wanna do(if u can) is cardio in the am before u eat anything..45-60 minutes... that has helpd me and is helping me still ALOT

Also the suggestions SlimmerMe made i agree with as well.. personally the only carbs i eat are oats and sweet potato broccoli and asparagus.. no bread no tortillas... it looks as if u have ur carb meals geared mainly around ur workout and first thing in the am.. thats good..

based on ur weight and bf at 22% ur BMR should be 2295.. which would put ur tdee(if u workout 5 days/week) at 3550cals.. i have been running my deficit at 900 under tdee and droppd pretty much all fat... even if u went 1000cals under tdee(which can be a tad inaccurate towards the high side) that would put ur daily cals @2550... u can try the 2200 and see if u dont lose any LBM first if u like .. 900 under has workd very well for me..

at 2550 based on ur %s:52P/22C/26F ur macro split would be 331P/140C/73F im running 300/100/55 at 193lb and ur 250lb so that looks about rite..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    NSM hows it going man.. im also on TRT and also like u wantd to drop fat.. startd 12 weeks ago at 213 and 22%bf.. now at 193 and @13%.. a big thing u wanna do(if u can) is cardio in the am before u eat anything..45-60 minutes... that has helpd me and is helping me still ALOT

Also the suggestions SlimmerMe made i agree with as well.. personally the only carbs i eat are oats and sweet potato broccoli and asparagus.. no bread no tortillas... it looks as if u have ur carb meals geared mainly around ur workout and first thing in the am.. thats good..

based on ur weight and bf at 22% ur BMR should be 2295.. which would put ur tdee(if u workout 5 days/week) at 3550cals.. i have been running my deficit at 900 under tdee and droppd pretty much all fat... even if u went 1000cals under tdee(which can be a tad inaccurate towards the high side) that would put ur daily cals @2550... u can try the 2200 and see if u dont lose any LBM first if u like .. 900 under has workd very well for me..

at 2550 based on ur %s:52P/22C/26F ur macro split would be 331P/140C/73F im running 300/100/55 at 193lb and ur 250lb so that looks about rite..
    Thanks for the help. Its so hard for me to do cardio in the morning. I own a construction company with my dad and we have to be in the office at about 6-6:30. Not really desiring to wake up at 4:30 to do cardio and then shower and go. I live 30 minutes away from my office, so 4:30 would be the latest I could start cardio.

Post some pics, also post a detailed workout include exercises/sets/reps/poundages. I would recommend cardio as a cool down after weight training in your situation, at least to start with. Also go on a totally alcohol free program for two months and see how much that helps your progress.

Here is my current workout schedule. I did not include cardio because I have not been doing it.

Monday-Chest
    Decline press-3 sets/10 reps--225, 275,315
    DB incline-3 sets/10 reps--100,100,100
    DB incline flies-3 sets/10 reps--60,50,50
    DB Flat-3 sets/10 reps--110,100,90
    Cable flies-3 sets/10 reps--60,60,60

Tuesday-Biceps/Chest
    Concentration Curls-3 sets/10,10,8--30,35,40
    EZ bar curl-3 sets/10 reps--80,80,80
    Straigh bar curl--3 sets/8 reps--95,95,95
    Hammer curl-3 sets/10 reps--50,50,50
    Seated DB press-3 sets/10 reps--70,70,70
    Reverse pec deck-3 sets/10 reps--100,100,100
    Front raises-3 sets/10 reps--25,25,25
    Lateral raises-3 sets/10 reps--25,25,25

Wednesday-Legs
    Leg extension-3 sets/10 reps--225,225,225
    Seated leg curls-3 sets/10 reps--190,190,190
    Squats-3 sets/10 reps--225,275,315
    One leg sled-3 sets/10 reps each leg--270,270,270
    Seated calf raises-3 sets/10 reps--115,115,115
    Seated calf extension-3 sets/10 reps--135,135,135
    Lunges-3 sets/10 reps each leg--100,100,100

Thursday-Triceps/Traps
    Tricep pushdown-3 sets/10 reps--90,110,110
    Skull crusher EZ bar-3 sets/10 reps--45 on each side
    DB behind the head-3 sets/10 reps--100,100,100
    Dips-3 sets/10 reps--Bodyweight
    Shrugs on Smith machine-2 sets/10 reps--90 on each side
    Shrugs on Smith machine(backwards-3 sets/10 reps--90 on each side
    DB Shrugs-3 sets/10 reps--110,110,110

Friday-Back
    Lat pulldown-3 sets/10 reps--165,190,205
    Seated rows-3 sets/10 reps--150,165,205
    Close grip pulldown-3 sets/10 reps--150,165,180
    Deadlift-3 sets/10 reps--225,315,315

These pictures are from October. I am about 10 pounds lighter now.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCT 4.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	151.3 KB 
ID:	118795Click image for larger version. 

Name:	OCT 1.JPG 
Views:	97 
Size:	173.4 KB 
ID:	118796Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BACK.jpg.JPG 
Views:	84 
Size:	235.5 KB 
ID:	118797Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BEGINNING OF CYCLE 2.jpg 
Views:	78 
Size:	111.9 KB 
ID:	118798

Keep a log of everything you eat and a log of your workout as well sets/reps/poundages and how the lifts feel for you so we can make any modifications that we need to as we go along. Tempo/grip or change the lift all together.

Mondays and thursdays are push days: Chest/shoulders/triceps
    Tuesdays and fridays are pull days: back/biceps/abs
    Wednesdays are Leg days
    Mondays and Tuesdays will be your heavy days and thursdays and fridays your light days, you will perform similar exercises but the rep range will change.
    always start your workout by jumping rope for one minute solid, when you can do that easily then start adding 15 second increments to your warmup until you are at five minutes of rope jumping and then just stay with that.

Mon:
    Chest:
    Flat Bench, warm-up sets, these should be three rep warm up sets with progressive weight until you reach your workout weight, then three sets of 8 - 12 reps, go to failure each time, go up in weight when you are hitting all three sets 12 or more reps
    Incline Bench, no warm up sets here, your chest is warmed up from the flat bench, three workout sets, same rep range.
    Flat dumbell flyes - this is not a mass exercise, it is a stretching exercise, the weight does not matter, as a matter of fact it should be just heavy enough to help your arms get a full stretch at the bottom, too heavy and you can cause yourself damage, slow and controlled with a full stretch at the bottom and a pause, when you contract the muscle bring the weights as close together as possible without touching them, and then turn the pinkies in towards each other while feeling the middle of your chest come together.
    Shoulders:
    The front's of your shoulders have been thoroughly worked here, so we'll move onto the tops and rears.
    Military press: sets and reps the same as the bench press, machine or barbell, depending on your gym
    Dumbbell Shrugs. Pause at the top and bottom, straight up and down, don't roll your shoulders, put the tops of your shoulders into your ears, I like going progressively higher in poundages within the rep range until I can't properly perform the exercise.
    Rear shoulder raises. Bend at the waist, pic a very...very...very...light weight, 5 lbs to start, lean over parallel with the ground with your knees bent and look in front of you at the wall/mirror, keeping your elbows locked and arms straight down in front of you raise them out to your sides with your pinkies up towards the ceiling. At the top of the movement you want them to be about 3 inches above your shoulders and even with your eyeballs, trust me, this hurts and is effective. 8-12 reps, pause at the top.
    Triceps:
    bodyweighted bench dips to failure, three sets
    skull crushers, three sets 8-12 reps

Tues:
    Back:
    T-bar rows 3 sets, 8-12 reps
    Lat Pull downs 3 sets, 8-12 reps
    bent over barbell rows 3 sets, 8-12 reps
    Biceps:
    Straight bar curls, full range 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Concentration curls 3 sets 8-12 reps
    Abs:
    Crunches 3 sets 51 reps

Wed:
    Legs:
    Squats: progressive warm up sets of 11 reps until workout weight, then three sets of 15 - 20 reps, same philosophy as the bench, go to failure, increase weight when you are performing over 20 reps for each of the three sets, when you add the weight it should drop you down to only being able to accomplish 15 reps on your last set.
    Straight legged dead lifts super setted with standing calf raises or toe extensions, stiff legged deads should be done in the 15-20 rep range and calves should be done in sets of 21's, 7 toes in heels out, 7heels in toes out and 7 straight on.

Thurs:
    Chest:
    Incline dumbbell presses, start with a light weight 40 lbs for example, and perform 12-15 reps, then increase by 5 lbs each time within the same rep range, you want to do five work sets, so make sure you are ending at a weight that you can barely get those 12 reps with on your fifth set
    Flat dumbbell presses, your chest is already warmed up, go with three workout sets in that 12-15 rep range
    Shoulders:
    Rear raises again, just like last time except this time work in the 15-20 rep range
    Upright rows, I do this for the traps on shoulder day, 3 sets of 25 reps, do not let the weight go all the way down at the bottom, slow and controlled, no lower than the belly button at the bottom of the motion and almost touch the chin at the top, keep the weight in close to the body the entire time, I use the ez curl bar for this.
    Triceps:
    rope pushdowns, 3 sets 25 reps, followed by bench dips, three sets to failure

Fri:
    Back:
    Deadlifts 3 sets 15-20 reps
    Biceps:
    Dumbbell hammer curls, 3 sets, 12-15 reps
    Dumbbell preacher curls, 3 sets 8-12 reps.
    Abs:
    Bicycles: 3 sets 51 reps, Hanging leg raises: 3 sets 51 reps

Thanks for the workout. How much time do you suggest between sets? About how long does this take you to do? What kind and how much cardio do you suggest? Anything for Saturday? What about nutrition? Cut out the process carbs, eat more fruits and veggies? You mentioned drinking smoothies for my vegetables. What kind? What kind of results are realistic with this workout plan? 15-20 reps on squats? Based on what I squat now what would weight would you suggest? Are the triceps on Thursday supersets?

Quote Originally Posted by NOSUPERMODEL View Post
    Thanks for the workout. How much time do you suggest between sets? 90 seconds About how long does this take you to do? 45 mins - 1 hr 15 mins, depends on the day and who I'm lifting withWhat kind and how much cardio do you suggest?fasted am cardio 65% mhr 30 minutes minimum is my primary recommendation, second would be post workout same time and level Anything for Saturday?R & R, some fitness activity that you enjoy, tennis/raquetball/biking/hiking/sledding/pole vaulting/bull dogging/steer wrestling/kick boxing What about nutrition?eat clean every meal and have exact specific calculations for your macros, don't guess at this, and absolutely nothing simple or processed Cut out the process carbs, eat more fruits and veggies? You mentioned drinking smoothies for my vegetables. Home-made smoothies from raw fruits and vegetables, if you have to buy these off the shelf go with NAKED brand and pick the lowest sugar content What kind? What kind of results are realistic with this workout plan?Stick with this program strictly through the end of January/beginning of February (7 full weeks) and you should be able to have your base totally solid and ready for the next phase, perform the cardio and clean up the diet and you could realistically expect to drop 12 - 15 lbs of fat and gain 5 - 10 lbs of muscle 15-20 reps on squats? Based on what I squat now what would weight would you suggest?135lbs, only count a squat where the hip goes below the knee and stop 6 inches short of lockout at the top, this keeps constant tension on the muscle and accomplishes twice the results in half the time Are the triceps on Thursday supersets?No, I never superset the same muscle, although I occasionally dropset them
    Above answers in bold, along with this make certain you are full hydrated, chug 16 oz of water first thing in the AM before any food and consume an additional 120 oz of water throughout the rest of the day. Do this every day, no skipping the water on non-workout days.

Thanks for the help. If I could accomplish what you think this workout will do that would be great. That would me right where I want to be in order to do a blast.

Thread Information