Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Time to get fit

FONZY007 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Fonz, your macro's are wrong dude. 1tsp EVOO isn't gonna give you 20g of fat. 6oz chicken is more than 5.8g of protein and isn't 13g fat.

Sorry, not picking on you, but you gotta know exactly what you're eating.
    No problem, thanks for the help

-OK GUYS HERE IS THE UPDATED PLAN HOPE IM CLOSER-

Sunday 1/8/2012: Start date

Fat / Carbs / Protein

8 am - fasted cardio - 25 mins

9am chicken 6oz, 1 cup of mixed greens, 1/2 cup of oats 15.7 / 28.8 / 57.3

11:15am ground beef 6 oz., brown rice 1 cup 7.7 / 44 / 41

Noon fast walk warm up 10 min, work out 40-45 min 2 body parts a day like chest / tris

1pm protein drink - powder by muscle tech, 1/2 cups of oats 5.6 / 53 / 59.5

3pm tuna 1.5 cup, Eziekel bread 2 slices 16.4 / 24 / 52.7

5pm chicken 6 oz , 1 cup mixed greens 13.1 / 1.8 / 58

7pm ground beef 6 oz, mixed greens 6.2 / 3.6 / 52

will drink as much water as I can, 1 to 1.5 gallons a day. Thanks 405 regarding the soda, it wont be an every day thing just something I might need to do. lol

Thanks guys
    Last edited by FONZY007; 01-06-2012 at 04:52 PM.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    No
    Prob fonzy.. I drink 4 or so per day and have every day for months

Diet looks about rite .. Not loving the bread but hey u gotta live a little i suppose... Personally i tried the ezekiel bread and thought it sucked

At a glance u look like 65F/150something carbs/320P. It helps when u put the total carbs and cals for the day at the bottom

I think ur pretty close to where u need to be keeping in mind we NEED UR BODYFAT%!!! so make sure u get it this here is just to get u by until we can be more exact.. Who knows u may get to eat more food ...

Good luck and hit that cardio fasted and again a second time if u can 5-6 days/week and u will tart seeing some good stuff happen my man!

Also u need 10g bcaas pre fasted cardio and u may wanna. CHange ur last 2 meal times to 6pm and 9pm that way ur not up from 7-10 or 11 and get a munchie attack..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<---
    Also u need 10g bcaas pre fasted cardio and u may wanna. CHange ur last 2 meal times to 6pm and 9pm that way ur not up from 7-10 or 11 and get a munchie attack..
    Ok will change to 6pm & 9pm.. If that bread sucks what can I replace it with, also fit day didn't have albacore tuna. Will look into buying the aminos.

What about taking creatine, and flax seed oil pills?

How much have you lost 405

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Sorry I'm late to the party, looks like you tweak and tweak and tweak and it still needs tweaking, but better to head in the right way than have to back out or turn around. I didn't read every word in every post, but did I miss something about bread that said you have to eat bread, if you don't then why is it in there? About supplements, IMO, you aren't going to need to take anything but a multivitamin for the first 90 days, cleaning up your diet is going to handle most of the issues and creatine is affective but seems a waste from your current physical condition.

For help on your diet with calculating your macros and calories, plus a free place to keep a log go to caloriecounter.com, I just found it and I love it. I don't let it tell me how many calories I should be eating because it uses the antiquated BMI approach. But it is way cool how it has anything you could ever want to eat in it's database and accurately calculates the macros.

Since you are a large dude and had lifting experience before the lay off your muscle memory is a better ally than anything else you could take advantage of, and the only way to maximize it's affectiveness is to lift properly, post your exact routine up with specific exercises/sets/reps/poundages and I will help fix that, if you'd like. I guarantee it will make all the difference if you have an insanely agressive weight training program! Good luck, we'll be here for you.

Thanks tbody was following your progress as well, your doing great.. bread can be thrown out without a problem...

Multi vitamin I will be buying : animal pak is great I always loved them just so
    Many to take in, but again doesn't bother me.. Will post up work out once I go Sunday or Monday. When I was younger I was always pushing to put up more weight at one time I was benching 435 for 6 reps with a spotter, But now I'm happy with 315 and high intensity and I dont play around and talk to no one, in and out and I'm the only one hurting when done lol.

Also I jumped back on my trt which i think had something to do with the weight gain while i was off the trt my test level was really low, I always get it off pretty easy.. I had a right knee surgery and right shoulder surgery was off work for 7 months and when I went back started to work out hard just cut back on the foods and like 3 months lost 45 pounds went from 270 to 225 , I felt I lost too much as I'm a large frame type of guy so I went back up to 235 and held that weight for about a year and a half.

I know I can do this, plus with everyone helps I can't fail and I won't...

Also can any fruits be ate? I have a sweet tooth lol
    Last edited by FONZY007; 01-07-2012 at 06:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007 View Post
    Ok will change to 6pm & 9pm.. If that bread sucks what can I replace it with, also fit day didn't have albacore tuna. Will look into buying the aminos.

What about taking creatine, and flax seed oil pills?
    like i said before i eat my tuna with a spoon.. have green veggies with it and be dun man i have mine with asparagus...

as far as the tuna go with the macros on the label..u can plug them in urself.. now albacore i think is the tuna that has mercury in it.. eating it everyday will cause a build up of mercury in the body which can be toxic.. i think the regular tuna does not have mercury.. going by what my wife told me..

GOT THIS OFF GOOGLE
    However, nearly all fish and shellfish contain traces of mercury. For most people, the risk from mercury by eating fish and shellfish is not a health concern. Yet, some fish and shellfish contain higher levels of mercury that may harm an unborn baby or young child's developing nervous system. The risks from mercury in fish and shellfish depend on the amount of fish and shellfish eaten and the levels of mercury in the fish and shellfish. Therefore, the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) and the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA) are advising women who may become pregnant, pregnant women, nursing mothers, and young children to avoid some types of fish and eat fish and shellfish that are lower in mercury.

By following these 3 recommendations for selecting and eating fish or shellfish, women and young children will receive the benefits of eating fish and shellfish and be confident that they have reduced their exposure to the harmful effects of mercury.

Do not eat Shark, Swordfish, King Mackerel, or Tilefish because they contain high levels of mercury.
    Eat up to 12 ounces (2 average meals) a week of a variety of fish and shellfish that are lower in mercury.
    Five of the most commonly eaten fish that are low in mercury are shrimp, canned light tuna, salmon, pollock, and catfish.
    Another commonly eaten fish, albacore ("white") tuna has more mercury than canned light tuna. So, when choosing your two meals of fish and shellfish, you may eat up to 6 ounces (one average meal) of albacore tuna per week.

may wanna switch to light tuna i think its cheaper too since u will be eating it 7 days/week

as far as supplements go i cant comment other than tell u i take the vitamins recommended by my doc for trt and protein powder and thats it.. no creatine.. if ur injecting test i dont think ull need it LOL

Yea true., thanks 405 hope everything turns out ok for you

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Also can any fruits be ate? I have a sweet tooth lol
    Yes in moderation.
    Try to stick to low sugar fruits which will not spike your insulin . Fruits like raspberries, blueberries.
    And some believe bananas have a protein effect.
    And papaya and mangos have great digestive enzymes.
    But the super fruit of super fruits is the goji berry. One of the top antioxidants on the planet.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe

Yes in moderation.
    Try to stick to low sugar fruits which will not spike your insulin . Fruits like raspberries, blueberries.
    And some believe bananas have a protein effect.
    And papaya and mangos have great digestive enzymes.
    But the super fruit of super fruits is the goji berry. One of the top antioxidants on the planet.
    Thanks slimmerme, I love bananas..

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Thanks slimmerme, I love bananas..
    Bananas, in fact, tropical fruits in general tend to be higher in sugar than others. Try to stick with berries if you can and try to eat them earlier in the day. Strawberries btw aren't really berries so be aware. I have half a red grapefruit with my breakfast and often a kiwi or very small apple with one of my other meals when cutting. Just don't forget to include whatever you have in your macro's.

New diet plan is a good start, as tbody says, it can be tweaked according to lot's of things, but success is the main one.

Wouldn't worry with creatine at the minute or the flax. If you need to supplement with fats add some omega 3 fish oils. But whatever you take, again, add them to your macro's.

If you want an alternate carb source from bread and don't want oats or rice again try sweet potato or maybe some quinoa.

Let's get this thing going.....................

tbody66 is offline Anabolic Member
    Yeah, get this thing going!

Will do the knee is killing me, might not work out or cardio but will start the diet tomorrow. Purchase everything i needed today at the store!
    Last edited by FONZY007; 01-08-2012 at 06:21 AM.

Knee pain sux fonzy.. Know how u feel i currently have appt tuesday with ortho surgeon to read my MRI on my right knee will prob say i need surgery cuz thats wat they said 6 yrs ago.. Still havent had any and knee is doing better now but im gonna go anyways.. Have decisions to make too.. I dont know wats wrong with ur knee but if u cant do cardio then u cant.. The elliptical is extremely low impAct however

Knee pain sux fonzy.. Know how u feel i currently have appt tuesday with ortho surgeon to read my MRI on my right knee will prob say i need surgery cuz thats wat they said 6 yrs ago.. Still havent had any and knee is doing better now but im gonna go anyways.. Have decisions to make too.. I dont know wats wrong with ur knee but if u cant do cardio then u cant.. The elliptical is extremely low impAct however
    Knee is killing me woke up at 4 am and took 2 1000mg Norcos and a 800 mg ibuprofen. A little behind on the diet, but going to start now

Knee is killing me woke up at 4 am and took 2 1000mg Norcos and a 800 mg ibuprofen. A little behind on the diet, but going to start now
    Bummer dude.. For now til u get ur knee fixd just focus on doing tbe best u can... Stick to diet and do wat u can do the diet alone will be a big step for u.. Good luck on the knee...

Bummer dude.. For now til u get ur knee fixd just focus on doing tbe best u can... Stick to diet and do wat u can do the diet alone will be a big step for u.. Good luck on the knee...
    Thanks 405 will do

SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    Remember one of the first things I said when you started this thread?
    Slow wins the race.

Keep doing what you CAN do and you will stay ahead of the game.
    Hope you heal soon.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe
    Remember one of the first things I said when you started this thread?
    Slow wins the race.

Keep doing what you CAN do and you will stay ahead of the game.
    Hope you heal soon.
    Thanks slimmer

Sorry everyone, this knee is killing me.. I plan to start up on Sunday for sure, as I'm just starting to walk without a limp, but does still hurt ugh. I see the doctor tomorrow about it, last knee surgery I had I was walking around great after 5 days..

Are you dieting and lifting at least?

Quote Originally Posted by SteM
    Are you dieting and lifting at least?
    I tried but some days I was so drugged up with taking 2000mg every 6-8 hours of Vicodin I would sleep most the day an night and eat maybe twice a day if I was lucky. It's my fault trying to rush my knee I started to walk on it day 1 and than on day 3 oh boy no matter what I did it was killing me...

Sorry guys....

Let the knee heal man even if it takes a month if i remember correctly u will still have 4 months after that no work rite?? U have the rest of ur life to lift.. Just get used to the diet.. U will prob drop some fat just from that ...

Let the knee heal man even if it takes a month if i remember correctly u will still have 4 months after that no work rite?? U have the rest of ur life to lift.. Just get used to the diet.. U will prob drop some fat just from that ...
    Thanks 405 yea I haven't put no weight on.. Hopefully I will be able to drop weight on the diet!!

So a little update is due.. I end up having another knee surgery on Feb. 1st and took only 3 weeks off of work..

I'm on a wellness team at work and had to represent!!

So my starting weight in Feb. 25th was 289 lbs and currently I'm at 252 lbs.. Still have progress an want to get to about 235lbs

Question I have is I work out say 3 days a week HIT workout and then about 10-15 mins a week cardio after work out..

How my workout schedule is for 3 weeks I only work out 3 days a week and 3 weeks 4 days a week and repeat.. The fat is coming off and I'm getting slightly weaker but what can i expect to lose all this massive weight..

How do I figure my TDEE.. I will update a pic when I get home

Good to see you buddy and nice to hear of the weight loss

Has it stopped working? Just curious as to why you are asking the question as you have lost a ton of weight already. In reality, the only way to really know is to try and eat at maintenance and when the scale doesn't shift, you are there. You can use the LBM x 15 formula then add in your activity to get an idea of where it is but even then, it's not foolproof.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by Back In Black
    Good to see you buddy and nice to hear of the weight loss

Has it stopped working? Just curious as to why you are asking the question as you have lost a ton of weight already. In reality, the only way to really know is to try and eat at maintenance and when the scale doesn't shift, you are there. You can use the LBM x 15 formula then add in your activity to get an idea of where it is but even then, it's not foolproof.
    No it's dropping slowly. Which is good I guess down 2 lbs this week...

So I'm 243 butt ass naked..

2lbs a week is bang on mate. You don't really want any more than that even though you WANT more than that. Just keep fighting the good fight, in 2 months that's a potential 16lb loss and in 4 months you might be near your goal.

Keep it up bud
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

2lbs a week is bang on mate. You don't really want any more than that even though you WANT more than that. Just keep fighting the good fight, in 2 months that's a potential 16lb loss and in 4 months you might be near your goal.

Keep it up bud
    Thanks.. Once I stop will have to work on diet to max gains, going to do prop and var 8 week cycle...

Quote Originally Posted by FONZY007

Thanks.. Once I stop will have to work on diet to max gains, going to do prop and var 8 week cycle...
    Now that sounds like a familiar little cycle, you'll enjoy that
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Now that sounds like a familiar little cycle, you'll enjoy that
    Lol hahaha

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information