styleten is offline New Member

Food shopping list review for 2012 diet

Meat: London broil and Chicken thighs

Fats: Flax oil and fish oil liquids, Almond nuts. Coco nut oil.

Vegi - Greens: Kale and spinich

Carbs:
    Grains: Old fashion oatmeal and steel cut oats.
    Fruits: Bananas and maybe strawberries

Drinks: Water and whey. Water and crystal lite. Water and coffee.

Im considering dropping coffee so i drop sugar. I d'nt know how much i take in but i'll measure for a week or something. I think the amount i use would be comparable to drinking a can of soda.

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    Decent, but limited and boring IMO. And why chicken thighs? They're way high in fat... you'd be much better off with boneless/skinless breast.

Plenty more out there, but it's a good start.

BBrian is offline Productive Member
    Indeed, like gbrice said, why thighs? Stick with chicken breast, and include turkey breast as well. You should also expand the variety of vegetables immensely (broccoli, asparagus, bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, sweet potatoes, etc.), and add more nuts (peanuts, cashews, pistachios, walnuts, etc.) and legumes (black beans, black-eyed peas, lentils, great northern beans, lima beans, kidney beans, etc.). Also, don't be afraid to expand your fruits! Almost all fresh fruits are highly beneficial in a complete diet. Variety is so important, as you will find that different vegetables, fruits and meats contain drastically different amounts of nutrients. You can't get everything you need with a simple list of ingredients. Consequently, you want to implement a vast array of them. Gbrice siad it best when he stated that this is "limited and boring".

Noles12 is offline Knowledgeable Member
    That diet will get real old real fast. As everyone else has said it is easy to add some variety in there

Thread Information