View Poll Results: Can it be done?

Voters
8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, but you will loose LBM

2 25.00%
  • Yes, just the same as any other cut... Macros matter most!

3 37.50%
  • No, you won't loose Bodyfat

3 37.50%
  • Sore arse, sitting on the fence...

1 12.50%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    SlimmerMe is offline ~Knowledgeable Female Extraordinaire~
    I have a bit of a tough love question for you Base.

Are you trying to ease your way back into 100% clean and this new idea is something to perhaps take you there? Am I sensing something going on? At all? I hesitate to ask this but it crossed my mind and wondering.
    Life is too short, so kiss slowly, laugh insanely, love truly and forgive quickly.
    Author Unknown

baseline_9 is offline The Transformer ~VET~Recognized Staff Winner - $100
    Quote Originally Posted by SlimmerMe View Post
    I have a bit of a tough love question for you Base.

Are you trying to ease your way back into 100% clean and this new idea is something to perhaps take you there? Am I sensing something going on? At all? I hesitate to ask this but it crossed my mind and wondering.
    No slim. I will be cutting for summer at some point and have done a bit of reading into IF'ing and the thought just crossed my mind that If I was only going to be eating 2 meals per day, why not make them high calorie junk type food....

If anything this is a terrible idea because once you start eating junk and accept that its ok (since your loosing BF) you will continue to eat more and more to the point that you are just eating junk and not worrying about your health....

I dont mind eating super clean if it has to be done, but why do it if it doesnt have to be....

This thread is just for a discussion and to maybe open some eyes a little... My opinion is like many others.... It can be done... your lipids may go to pot... You may feel like crap..... You may not be able to get shredded... It may drive you fukin insane.

Im dieting for summer anyhow... Just trying to decide what Im going to do....

I may just do fish, chicken, brown rice, oats, broccoli - I dont mind that LOL

or I may eat as above but add some pizza whilst making sure I hit my macros for the day.....

Quote Originally Posted by JimmySidewalk;5879***
    So why cardio then ? Just provide enough protein(very high levels) to keep LBM and put the carbs 50-100g per day or less/more depending on day activity, with no cardio. Would that work to get cut ?
    Anybody ?

jimmyinkedup is offline Disappointment* Known SCAMMER - Do Not Trust *
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmySidewalk View Post
    Anybody ?
    you can eliminate cals however you want. by cutting them out or burning them. If you cut the same out of calories as you burn doing cardio (factoring in those cals burned due to metabolic increase post cardio) you would lose the same amount of weight.

cue_artist is offline Associate Member
    when i first started losing weight in high school i maxed out to 164 kg. I lost around 74 kg eating only 2 meals, the first meal being anything I wanted just in smaller amounts and the second meal was anything that was grilled. Ofcouse, I dont look as lean as i look today but i swear it did the job. In addition to that, i did not do anytype of physical activity. I have changed my views on dieting alot. I seriously feel that u can get more leen by just monitoring your body on how you look whenever you first wake up. Having said that, I totally agree that a person can cut by only eating junk food. Ofcourse, I dont encourage that but our bodies are just way smarter than us and science can never explain everything. There were times that i would travel for 2 days straight and all i can eat is junk and I would still wake up ripped. I would like to experiment this approach again sometime since im super lean right now and see how it effects me.

Quote Originally Posted by cue_artist View Post
    when i first started losing weight in high school i maxed out to 164 kg. I lost around 74 kg eating only 2 meals, the first meal being anything I wanted just in smaller amounts and the second meal was anything that was grilled. Ofcouse, I dont look as lean as i look today but i swear it did the job. In addition to that, i did not do anytype of physical activity. I have changed my views on dieting alot. I seriously feel that u can get more leen by just monitoring your body on how you look whenever you first wake up. Having said that, I totally agree that a person can cut by only eating junk food. Ofcourse, I dont encourage that but our bodies are just way smarter than us and science can never explain everything. There were times that i would travel for 2 days straight and all i can eat is junk and I would still wake up ripped. I would like to experiment this approach again sometime since im super lean right now and see how it effects me.
    I would love to see someone sub 10% switch there diet over to junk (but hit all macro goals as before) and see what happens

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    I would love to see someone sub 10% switch there diet over to junk (but hit all macro goals as before) and see what happens
    Ha ha, go for it Base!

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Ha ha, go for it Base!
    I would have to be sub 10% tho LOL

DAMMMMMM....

gonnagethuge is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by baseline_9 View Post
    No slim. I will be cutting for summer at some point and have done a bit of reading into IF'ing and the thought just crossed my mind that If I was only going to be eating 2 meals per day, why not make them high calorie junk type food....

If anything this is a terrible idea because once you start eating junk and accept that its ok (since your loosing BF) you will continue to eat more and more to the point that you are just eating junk and not worrying about your health....

I dont mind eating super clean if it has to be done, but why do it if it doesnt have to be....

This thread is just for a discussion and to maybe open some eyes a little... My opinion is like many others.... It can be done... your lipids may go to pot... You may feel like crap..... You may not be able to get shredded... It may drive you fukin insane.

Im dieting for summer anyhow... Just trying to decide what Im going to do....

I may just do fish, chicken, brown rice, oats, broccoli - I dont mind that LOL

or I may eat as above but add some pizza whilst making sure I hit my macros for the day.....

When i cut a few months back I added some chicken and wholemeal base pizza within my macros on some occasions. Strangely now when im on a bulk i dont do this though. It somehow helped me cut but when bulking i don't feel i need it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information