Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast
    bikeral is offline Life is only stressful if you care!
    Taking 300mg caffeine and BCAA

Day 36 Thursday AM Cardio
    10 min warmup streching
    15 sets HIIT 30/90 sec 9MPH/3MPH
    30 mins LIC

So decided to get the HIIT done today. If I am spent tonight I can take the night off. If I'm feeling good I'll just go in and do some LIC and abs.

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    I wouldn't want to do HIIT on legs day. The day after? Maybe, I like fasted cardio the day after legs but more as a recovery session which would normally be sat on a bike doing some LIC.

HIIT is demanding. As are your lifting workouts. All this on negative calories will make you drained. At some point you will know you need either a day off or a LIC session instead of HIIT.

Anoer HIIT suggestion for you

Bike - Warm up 5 mins
    Bike - 10-15 secs at full resistance as fast as you can then 45-50 secs at a really low resistance - repeat 10-15 times
    Treadmill/eliptical - 20-30 mins LIC

I may have missed this, what are you taking pre fasted cardio?
    Thanks Stem. I may try the bike Saturday. I never use the bike but its probably a good idea to alternate different methods.
    If I'm not up to another HIIT session I'll just do LIC on the bike to get used to it then maybe do an HIIT session on the bike on Monday.

Day 36 - Thursday Weekly Stats
    Weight 211 Started log at 228 Total lost 17lbs This week lost 2lbs
    Waist 39" Started at 41" Total lost 2" No change this week
    Bioimpedance body fat 18.5% First reading 21.7% Total lost 3.2% This week dropped .6%

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    Great job man.

Quote Originally Posted by joebailey1271 View Post
    Great job man.
    Thanks. All encouraging words and kicks in the ass when I need it are welcome here.
    Welcome to the board Joe

Vacation...
    I was supposed to go to Vegas in April for firearms training. I cancelled that trip because i did not want to ruin the momentum I have with diet and training. Vacations usually kill me and set me back weeks. I usually overeat and drink too much. Things I do not do at all when I am strict training. Usually takes a few weeks after a vacation to get back in the groove. So anyway. I dodged Vegas but I need to go to Spain for 2 weeks end of May to meet up with my daughters and spend some time with them. So I have 7 weeks before I go. I'd like to loose at least 4-5% more BF by that time so its on now. Any suggestions to accelerate the fat loss are appreciated.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    ^^ .5% per week is excellent results.. prob dont wanna go more than that .. gotta watch LBM...

real dedication i see cancelling that trip man.. good job!

Sounds good. Looking forward to see how next week stats come in since I am doing HIIT now.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by bikeral View Post
    Vacation...
    I was supposed to go to Vegas in April for firearms training. I cancelled that trip because i did not want to ruin the momentum I have with diet and training. Vacations usually kill me and set me back weeks. I usually overeat and drink too much. Things I do not do at all when I am strict training. Usually takes a few weeks after a vacation to get back in the groove. So anyway. I dodged Vegas but I need to go to Spain for 2 weeks end of May to meet up with my daughters and spend some time with them. So I have 7 weeks before I go. I'd like to loose at least 4-5% more BF by that time so its on now. Any suggestions to accelerate the fat loss are appreciated.
    Right on, vacations destroy me to lol. I end up just partying like crazy and eating whatever is laying around without hitting the gym once. I had this dilemma last week of being asked to come visit and i made up some bs to not go. If i were to go visit now i would want to party an enjoy myself, and if i'm trying to reach my goals i'm not going to enjoy myself the way i would want to because i'm going to be trying to limit myself and watch what i'm doing(if that makes sense). I think it's best to get where you want to be then go balls to the wall when you actually want to let loose, that's my opinion.

Good on you man.

Sounds good. Looking forward to see how next week stats come in since I am doing HIIT now.
    yeh and ur apparently doing 30mins intervals and 30mins moderate? be careful.. thats alot and easy to burn out.. if i was gonna follow HIIT with moderate id do 10mins HIIT (i mean all out sprinting til u feel like ur lungs are on fire) and then walk for 90 secs and do 5 sets.. take a 5minute rest.. the do 30-40mins moderate.. just my opinion..

id also do it fasted in the am..

Quote Originally Posted by --->>405<<--- View Post
    yeh and ur apparently doing 30mins intervals and 30mins moderate? be careful.. thats alot and easy to burn out.. if i was gonna follow HIIT with moderate id do 10mins HIIT (i mean all out sprinting til u feel like ur lungs are on fire) and then walk for 90 secs and do 5 sets.. take a 5minute rest.. the do 30-40mins moderate.. just my opinion..

id also do it fasted in the am..
    That's probably why I was off my game last night doing my weight session. Feel good today though and did the same 30mins HIIT/30mins LIC. Tonight might take the night off just so I can tear up legs tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    Right on, vacations destroy me to lol. I end up just partying like crazy and eating whatever is laying around without hitting the gym once. I had this dilemma last week of being asked to come visit and i made up some bs to not go. If i were to go visit now i would want to party an enjoy myself, and if i'm trying to reach my goals i'm not going to enjoy myself the way i would want to because i'm going to be trying to limit myself and watch what i'm doing(if that makes sense). I think it's best to get where you want to be then go balls to the wall when you actually want to let loose, that's my opinion.

Good on you man.
    Seriously, if this was not to meet my kids I would cancel this trip as well. I wanted to get 6 months in 100% dedicated then take 1-2 weeks off. At least I'll be with my kids so drinking should be minimal. However, the food in Spain is fantastic and that will be hard to pass up. I'll just try to get a 5-10 mile run in every day to counter act the extra cals...

WHEN I DO 30MINS INTERVALS i dont have it in me to do anything else when im dun... id say if u can do 30mins intervals and follow it with 30mins moderate.. ur not doing ur intervals hard enuff..

^^ I'll take that as a kick in the ass to go faster. Next HIIT I'll up speed to 10MPH and see how that goes. To be honest the 30 mins LIC was not my usual. I was dragging ass at 3MPH with 8 incline.

^^ I'll take that as a kick in the ass to go faster. Next HIIT I'll up speed to 10MPH and see how that goes. To be honest the 30 mins LIC was not my usual. I was dragging ass at 3MPH with 8 incline.
    ok so for ur LIC ur walking? that i can see.. when i do it ill do 10mins intervals, 5minute break, then jog.. which is tuff.. u could also if u have an elliptical do it on there.. i enjoy the elliptical machine.. i think its the greatest single piece of exercise equipment there is!

ok so for ur LIC ur walking? that i can see.. when i do it ill do 10mins intervals, 5minute break, then jog.. which is tuff.. u could also if u have an elliptical do it on there.. i enjoy the elliptical machine.. i think its the greatest single piece of exercise equipment there is!
    Yea I walk and use the incline to increase resistance. Trying to save the knees... I did a couple Triathlons years ago and used to run 10-15 miles a day. Takes a toll on the knees. I do use the elliptical as well sometimes.

Took the night off from the gym today. Feels weird staying home. Took advantage though and I'm grilling 3.5lbs chicken breast have my rice cooker making some brown rice and I even got a little fancy and sauteed my green beans in a bit of olive oil and minced garlic. Now all my meals are ready til Sunday night.

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    ooohh garlicky green beans sound good! Great job on making food in advance!

Blog Entries
    So u think it would be ok to use the ex. bike to do the hitt, i have a treadmill but im 210 right now and dont wanna pound that thing to death by running hard on it, i mean i will, but at 210 might be kinda hard on it, what do u think about the bike

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    I use the bike for HIIT once a week. Actually if to do it right you'll be spent after 15 secs at top resistance and top speed. That makes it much more High Intensity rather than just interval training.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Blog Entries
    Hey thanks stem, cool im gonna try it.

Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    ooohh garlicky green beans sound good! Great job on making food in advance!
    Thanks BG, usually just microwave the steamer bags and eat them with no flavor because I have no time to prepare. Should be a nice treat this week.

Hey thanks stem, cool im gonna try it.
    I will try it as well. Must diversify my portfolio.

Day 36 Thursday (Yesterday) Macros
    Cals 2252/P255/C1467/F44

Day 37 Friday AM Cardio
    So you guys were not kidding HIIT has wiped me out. Went to sleep at 9PM last night, alarm went off at 5:10AM hit snooze until 6AM! Glad I have this log because the thought of having to log that I skipped cardio motivated me enough to get my ass to the gym. Was able to get 60 mins fasted LIC on the elliptical this morning and still made it to work on time.

Good job al !! HIIT is tuff stuff when dun properly

Day 37 Friday Workout Legs@5:30PM
    10 mins warmup
    6 sets squats
    6 sets v-squats last 2 sets rest pause
    6 sets leg curls last set strip down
    4 sets leg press
    That's it

Good job al.. "thats it" .. Looks like enuff

Blog Entries
    Seems like your doing good, keep it up and u will be lean like stem or 405, and u look like you have some thick muscle so its going to be good. so when u are doing your Lic, how do u know its lic, do u use your pulse rate?

Good job al.. "thats it" .. Looks like enuff
    Yea I think I am over training going to rework my routine for next week cause I am shot

Seems like your doing good, keep it up and u will be lean like stem or 405, and u look like you have some thick muscle so its going to be good. so when u are doing your Lic, how do u know its lic, do u use your pulse rate?
    Hey joe thanks for the support hopefully when I get this blanket of fat off there will be something left underneath.
    Lic I use the heart rate on the machine. Thinking of buying a heart rate watch. If anyone can recommend one...

Polar!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks, looked at the many models and the FT60 looks good for what I need.

Just need something that gives your current HR in % terms, cals burned and it's nice to know ave cals too.

Mines an F6 but I know they changed all model numbers. It's more than I need but the wristwatch looked far better than the basic model.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    Hey Biker Al
    Thought I'd stop by and give ya a holler!
    and btw... for me? fasted cardio sucks! I get all shakey, like my blood sugar plummets. Always thought i had the "hypo gly***ia" but was proven wrong.

btwx2.... weather is warming up real nice around here. Been on a few rides now since recoverred from the knee surgery. East coast warming up some?

Quote Originally Posted by Times Roman View Post
    Hey Biker Al
    Thought I'd stop by and give ya a holler!
    and btw... for me? fasted cardio sucks! I get all shakey, like my blood sugar plummets. Always thought i had the "hypo gly***ia" but was proven wrong.

btwx2.... weather is warming up real nice around here. Been on a few rides now since recoverred from the knee surgery. East coast warming up some?
    TR It's always good hearing from you. Glad to hear the knee is recovering. Here in NYC it's like we never had a winter this year. I have not missed a day riding to work this year and I already have some miles on the new bike.
    Keep the rubber side down

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    Just need something that gives your current HR in % terms, cals burned and it's nice to know ave cals too.

Mines an F6 but I know they changed all model numbers. It's more than I need but the wristwatch looked far better than the basic model.
    Thanks Stem. The FT60 looks good and I like that you can upload all the data to a web app that should help track. It's in the middle of the road as far as price so I think i'll go for it.

Yesterday Day 37 Cals/Macros
    Went out last night to a party. Took my tupperware with 6oz chicken breast and green beans. Had 2 diet cokes and a water as well. I am proud to say I did not cave in to all the shots of Jack Daniels that were floating around. Left party at 11PM in time to get sleep for fasted cardio today.

Cals2325/P259/C168/F43

Day 38 Saturday AM Cardio @7:30AM
    Did 30 minutes bike
    30 mins elliptical

Quote Originally Posted by bikeral
    Thanks Stem. The FT60 looks good and I like that you can upload all the data to a web app that should help track. It's in the middle of the road as far as price so I think i'll go for it.
    That's probably the updated version of mine. You'll like it
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Page 7 of 32 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111217 ... LastLast

Thread Information