Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Whatha20 is offline New Member

New Diet Reigmen, Macros??

OK guys, here is my new setup for dieting and working out. I had been eating wayyyy less than what I should, somewhere in the 1000-1200 calorie range and was seeing my muscle wither away. So here is my new layout and I will be taking a trip to the grocery store today to stock up. DOes this look ok?

post workout meal-1/2cup almonds- 12/12/28
    4 egg whites-14.4/.8/.4
    2 boiled eggs-6.3/.6/5.3

meal 1-tuna cup-18/0/1
    Turkey on wheat bread-16/21/3

meal 2-asparagus-1.4/2.5/0
    Chicken breast-46/0/5
    Celery sticks-.7/3.5/.2

meal 3- whole turkey sandwitch-16/21/3
    Leafy green veggies-3/5/0

meal 4-sweet potato-2/26/0
    Greens salad-3/5/0
    Chicken breast-46/0/5

pre workout meal -1/2 cup oats-5/27/3
    Chicken breast-46/0/5

post workout meal -sweet potato-2/26/0
    2 scoops whey-52/16/3

total is 289.8/166.4/61.9

calories are 1,159.2/665.6/557.1

DOes this look ok? I feel like its a bit much but maybe not? right now I'm 260 6 foot, work out with weights in the morning and cardio at night.

jypoll is offline Member
    what is your body fat? at 260lbs you ear probably still being underfed

fats are a little high you should decrease to 50g i think.

you should not do weights fasted, and you definitly need carbs pwo.
    keep your carbs to breakfast, pre/post wo, and nowhere else

meal 1: what kind of turkey? do not eat bread
    meal 2: switch celery to broccoli
    meal 3: do not eat sandwich do not eat bread

hearnrumors is offline New Member
    Not a thorough review, but a few things to mention about your pre- and post-workout nutrition...

Weightlifting: Your goal is to build muscle here, not burn calories. Doing this on an empty stomach is counter-intuitive. If you're doing this first thing in the morning, then a quick drink of BCAA's will help a lot. After the workout, you should have some fast-acting protein (whey) and fast-acting carbs (maltodextrin).
    Pre-weightlifting: BCAA supplement
    Post-weightlifting: Whey Protein, Maltodextrin

Cardio: You didn't post times, but try to keep 'Meal 4' 1-2 hours before cardio. Again, for afterwards, you want a faster acting carbohydrate (maltodextrin instead of a sweet potato).
    Post-cardio: Whey Protein, Maltodextrin

Like jypoll said, try to limit carbs to breakfast/workouts only.

Maybe ditch the almonds. Very high calorie and high fat for cutting.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by hearnrumors View Post
    Not a thorough review, but a few things to mention about your pre- and post-workout nutrition...

Weightlifting: Your goal is to build muscle here, not burn calories. Doing this on an empty stomach is counter-intuitive. If you're doing this first thing in the morning, then a quick drink of BCAA's will help a lot. After the workout, you should have some fast-acting protein (whey) and fast-acting carbs (maltodextrin).
    Pre-weightlifting: BCAA supplement
    Post-weightlifting: Whey Protein, Maltodextrin

Cardio: You didn't post times, but try to keep 'Meal 4' 1-2 hours before cardio. Again, for afterwards, you want a faster acting carbohydrate (maltodextrin instead of a sweet potato).
    Post-cardio: Whey Protein, Maltodextrin

Like jypoll said, try to limit carbs to breakfast/workouts only.

Maybe ditch the almonds. Very high calorie and high fat for cutting.
    from my understanding complex carbs (sweet potato) are better pwo as they produce no spike in insulin .. id suggest against maltodextrin.. the magic window for pwo nutrition has been proven to be incorrect... i also dont think a fast acting protein is considered necessary.. there are plenty of days ive had a chicken breast and oats pwo .. today being one of them..

wha- whats ur bf% man?

Thanks you guys, you were very helpful AND courteous

Thank you guys, this is the biggest help! I have never had my bf% done, but when I go to the gym tomorrow i'll see if I can get it tested. As I type I am putting together a new nutrition sheet complete with times. I'll post it up when I am finished (should be soon)

For the most part, "pwo insulin spiking" and "anabolic windows" are just broscience.

However, for someone who's training twice a day, 6x a week, it does have some merits, IIRC.

If that changes (I know OP is also revising his routine), then yeah, sweet potatos are just fine.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    just got thru reading about insulin and its negative effect on fat cell metabolism .. basically stops it in its tracks..

links?

EASTCOASTKID is offline Associate Member
    Id take real food any day over supplements....just my 2 cents...

BrownGirl is offline Female Member
    The guys gave you great advice. One little thing I wanna add is for your post workout, if it's close to bedtime, do some casein instead of the whey since casein is a slow releasing protein. You can do cottage cheese. If your macros allow it mix it up with some sugar free jello. That's what I do and it makes the cottage cheese taste waaaay better. Also if your tyrkey is deli turkey, I wouldn't do that. DEli stuff isn't that great for ya usually.

Have you calculated your TDEE yet? If not, there's a sticky about how to do it.

slfmade is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post
    The guys gave you great advice. One little thing I wanna add is for your post workout, if it's close to bedtime, do some casein instead of the whey since casein is a slow releasing protein. You can do cottage cheese. If your macros allow it mix it up with some sugar free jello. That's what I do and it makes the cottage cheese taste waaaay better. Also if your tyrkey is deli turkey, I wouldn't do that. DEli stuff isn't that great for ya usually.

^^^^Look at my girl being all productive and helping out!!! I'm so proud.

falco21 is offline Associate Member
    Quote Originally Posted by BrownGirl View Post

Don't reference stickies. He seems to not want to read those

Thread Information