Hi guys I'm looking for some advice on cutting. I have never cut before, but am looking to do a tough mudder at the beginning and middle of summer and wanted to be a bit leaner for them. Currently, I am an Army Cadet and a college student (so quality food can be difficult at times in the chow halls). Right now I eat a very overall well balanced diet; high protein, dark carbs, lots of fruits & veggies, good fats, nothing fried or just plain greased out, and drink less than a handfull of times throughout a calander year.

I wanted to try a carb cycle or carb backload diet, but have some questions....

1) I get up 5 days a week at 0515, three of which are for workouts(cardio & muscular endurance). I always eat a piece of fruit for energy and do get my bodies metabolism rolling. Would this starchy morning snack be bad for backloading? A good non-carb early morning suggestion?

2) I also do high intensity superset weighttraining on monday, wednesday, and friday, the same days I have morning Army PT. Then I put distance runs and swims on tuesdays and saturdays. Rest thursday and sunday, maybe a light swim and stretch sunday. Which days would be high carb days? I've read places to 40g carbs or less for 6.5 days of the week, then shovel them down one evening a week on the toughest training day. I have also read to high carb on big days, which there are 3 for me which seemed like a lot of carbs for trying to cut. Advice?

3) Since I am training for an event, i need to stay very strong and fit, not become fatigued. Will this kind of dieting weaken me? I understand I won't bench and squat like I can now, but I would trade high numbers for more reps with a lower weight since I am training muscular endurance. Just curious how others have felt when dieting like this.

4) If you have a completely different suggestion diet wise or training method, hell let's hear it. I'd love all the information I can get.

Stats)
Height & Weight: 5'11" 192 pounds
Body Fat: 12%

Just as a statement too, even though I'm on this sight I do not, and have never done steriods . Just here for knowledge. Thanks everyone.