dylan111557 is offline Associate Member

Cool Rate my diet + tips?

I am 18, 5'11-6foot, weigh 173, 12-13% body fat.
    My final goal would be somewhere along the lines of 200lbs, 8% body fat.
    4years is what I want... Assuming it will take 5-6.

MEAL 1
    1 cup of skim milk
    1-2 cups of Kashi go Lean or Kashi Cinnamon harvest.
    2-4 12grain whole wheat bread
    Peanut butter them up real nice

MEAL 2
    (in class)
    Kashi granola bar
    Kashi crackers
    Banana or Apple or Pear

MEAL 3
    Banana or Apple or Pear
    1 Cup of skim milk
    Toast or cereal or Chicken

Meal 4
    Protein shake 1 scoop whey

Meal 5
    Chicken
    (Random vegetables sometimes)
    Sweet potatoes, although I have started to use regular ones aswell, both baked. Occasionally cook them on a pan with oil.

Meal 6
    Pasta
    Ragu Sauce
    1 cup of skimmed milk

(Also randomly eat few slices of cheese different times of the day)

Meal 7
    Casein protein 1 scoop (before bed)

I take, 3 fishoil capsules a day, 2 multivitamins, occasionnaly bcaa when i feel like swallowing a ton of pill?, Glucosamine (knee starting to hurt) and Creatine

WSC786 is offline Associate Member
    Hey man,

Its very tough to figure out your diet without the proper breakdown of macros...proteins, carbs, fats. That is something you should do. It will give you a better indication if your eating enough. For your height and weight your TDEE is around 3000 calories based on moderate exercise (3-5 times per week). So in order to gain a nice place to start is about 500 calories above that so 3500 per day.
    I can tell you right now your no where near that. Your protein intake is definitely lower then it should be. There should be protein at every meal.
    get rid of the cereral completely. Put oats in there for breakfast. Where does your workout fall within this meal plan???
    Breakdown the marcos for the day, post where your workout falls and we can have a better idea of how to properly strucure your diet.

good luck

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    1. You need to introduce eggs and red meat to your diet.

2. You are relying on cereal bars too much, you need to eat less of those and more of whole meals that contain actual macro nutritions.

3. You can't alternate ceral with toast and/or with chicken. Your meals should be consistent in that they should consist of carbs, proteins and fats, not just one of these macros.

4. Unless your protein shake is a gainer, you need to add complex carbs to eat such as oats.

In the last result, your diet is inconsistent, it lacks enough whole meals and especially anabolic protein that comes from actual meals. Also, your daily fat intake seems also low, which nonetheless is another macro that will help you grow. You should introduce healthy fats to your diet such as EVOO, walnuts, almonds, flax seed oil and etc. You can start increasing the amount of fish oil caps you are taking currently, they may help with your knee more than glucosamine, you never know.

Quote Originally Posted by WSC786 View Post
    Hey man,

Its very tough to figure out your diet without the proper breakdown of macros...proteins, carbs, fats. That is something you should do. It will give you a better indication if your eating enough. For your height and weight your TDEE is around 3000 calories based on moderate exercise (3-5 times per week). So in order to gain a nice place to start is about 500 calories above that so 3500 per day.
    I can tell you right now your no where near that. Your protein intake is definitely lower then it should be. There should be protein at every meal.
    get rid of the cereral completely. Put oats in there for breakfast. Where does your workout fall within this meal plan???
    Breakdown the marcos for the day, post where your workout falls and we can have a better idea of how to properly strucure your diet.

good luck
    The workout falls after meal 3. Why would I use oats? My cereal has same carbs aswell 13g of protein and 30g of carbs per cup.
    Every meal has over 20grams of protein with some going over 40g, I surpass my 1lb/1g protein easily. I'll do exact calculation right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    1. You need to introduce eggs and red meat to your diet.

2. You are relying on cereal bars too much, you need to eat less of those and more of whole meals that contain actual macro nutritions.

3. You can't alternate ceral with toast and/or with chicken. Your meals should be consistent in that they should consist of carbs, proteins and fats, not just one of these macros.

4. Unless your protein shake is a gainer, you need to add complex carbs to eat such as oats.

In the last result, your diet is inconsistent, it lacks enough whole meals and especially anabolic protein that comes from actual meals. Also, your daily fat intake seems also low, which nonetheless is another macro that will help you grow. You should introduce healthy fats to your diet such as EVOO, walnuts, almonds, flax seed oil and etc. You can start increasing the amount of fish oil caps you are taking currently, they may help with your knee more than glucosamine, you never know.
    Unfortunetally, the one food I hate most on this earth is eggs, I am extremely fussy, that's why there's no turkey/fish/tuna etc... I forgot to put it but almonds I eat usually throughout my night or before bed along with my casein. Calculating macros right now.

Total macros without fruits/veggies/almonds: 2820calories, 209g protein, 447g carb, 31g fat.

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Milk has a bunch of sugar and i would imagine the cereal bars do as well. I'm not that big of an egg fan either but I drink my liquid egg whites in my protein shakes, taste like water.

It would help to breakdown your total macros and cals, and you might want to up your protein to 1.5g per pound of bodyweight if you are trying to gain 27lbs.

Start by re-posting your total cals and macros and we can start from there.

If you havn't already i would check out some of the stickies at the top i.e. - How to Bulk, TDEE.

Quote Originally Posted by johnnnyblazzze View Post
    Milk has a bunch of sugar and i would imagine the cereal bars do as well. I'm not that big of an egg fan either but I drink my liquid egg whites in my protein shakes, taste like water.

It would help to breakdown your total macros and cals, and you might want to up your protein to 1.5g per pound of bodyweight if you are trying to gain 27lbs.

Start by re-posting your total cals and macros and we can start from there.

If you havn't already i would check out some of the stickies at the top i.e. - How to Bulk, TDEE.
    Well I do have weight gainer shakes, although I've read that they are filled with sugar basically and its much better to drink normal whey shake/+banana+oats, to get same cals. And I thought that drinking eggs uncooked had some sort of danger involved? And when you say drink the egg whites with shake. Do you add water or milk? Or straight up egg. lol

gonebluffn is offline Associate Member
    Up your protein with alean protein your only real option left if you wont eat fish or egg whites is baked or grilled chicken.just my opinion you want to put on lean mass eat lean protein

Quote Originally Posted by dylan111557 View Post
    Well I do have weight gainer shakes, although I've read that they are filled with sugar basically and its much better to drink normal whey shake/+banana+oats, to get same cals. And I thought that drinking eggs uncooked had some sort of danger involved? And when you say drink the egg whites with shake. Do you add water or milk? Or straight up egg. lol
    Weight gainer shakes are a waste of money IMO. Just throw like a cup of natural oats in your protein shakes it taste good.

RAW egg whites are bad, if you crack a raw egg and separate the egg whites they need to be cooked. When they're cooked at a certain temperature it kills the bacteria and you wont run the risk of salmonella. So don't do it with raw eggs.

You can buy pasteurized egg whites at grocery stores that have already been "cooked" you could say at the correct temperature to kill the bacteria but not cook the eggs, so it's still liquid. I think everybody who has never tried to drink them instantly claim they are disgusting, well that's because they havn't tried. They literally have no flavor, if you were to give me a protein shake with water and one with egg whites the only difference to me would be the thickness. Give it a try, but remember, not raw egg whites lol.

Weight gainer shakes are a waste of money IMO. Just throw like a cup of natural oats in your protein shakes it taste good.

RAW egg whites are bad, if you crack a raw egg and separate the egg whites they need to be cooked. When they're cooked at a certain temperature it kills the bacteria and you wont run the risk of salmonella. So don't do it with raw eggs.

You can buy pasteurized egg whites at grocery stores that have already been "cooked" you could say at the correct temperature to kill the bacteria but not cook the eggs, so it's still liquid. I think everybody who has never tried to drink them instantly claim they are disgusting, well that's because they havn't tried. They literally have no flavor, if you were to give me a protein shake with water and one with egg whites the only difference to me would be the thickness. Give it a try, but remember, not raw egg whites lol.
    Well i don't know, drinking them raw would be badass But for real, I'm not smart enough to cook them yet no cook them so I will look for the already cooked ones at the store, Think walmart has them? And a protein shake with oats, do you just chug the shake or chew your oats? I don't want to be shitting out oats haha

Well i don't know, drinking them raw would be badass But for real, I'm not smart enough to cook them yet no cook them so I will look for the already cooked ones at the store, Think walmart has them? And a protein shake with oats, do you just chug the shake or chew your oats? I don't want to be shitting out oats haha
    They come in like small cartons at any major grocery store.

The shake with oats just taste like a chunky shake, the oats will soften up and you can drink um, chew um, whatever you want with them.

They come in like small cartons at any major grocery store.

The shake with oats just taste like a chunky shake, the oats will soften up and you can drink um, chew um, whatever you want with them.
    Alright cool! Should I do more than 1 scoop of whey/casein a day? Also I've asked multiple times on bodybuilding . c o m But no one seems to answer. On my rest days do I continue to take creatine? currently I'm taking 5g pre 5g post workout and 5g alone on rest days. My split is Upper/lower/Rest/Repeat

Alright cool! Should I do more than 1 scoop of whey/casein a day? Also I've asked multiple times on bodybuilding . c o m But no one seems to answer. On my rest days do I continue to take creatine? currently I'm taking 5g pre 5g post workout and 5g alone on rest days. My split is Upper/lower/Rest/Repeat
    I like to keep my protein powders in pre/post workout, it's best to get majority of your protein intake in whole foods.

I'm probably not the best guy to ask advice on creatine, i took it maybe once when i was 16 and havn't since. They're a few guys that could probably help you out if you asked that question in the Supplement section, or do a little research.

I like to keep my protein powders in pre/post workout, it's best to get majority of your protein intake in whole foods.

I'm probably not the best guy to ask advice on creatine, i took it maybe once when i was 16 and havn't since. They're a few guys that could probably help you out if you asked that question in the Supplement section, or do a little research.
    Ya the protein is after my workout and before bed, was thinking of adding one as soon as I wake up. and wow that stuff is amazing, even if it taste horrible I'll drink it like an eggaholic!

Thread Information