Cougars509 is offline Junior Member

creatine/protein issues

i have taken both several times and my experiences are far from well. .

when i take protein ( and i have tried many kinds and even all natural kinds) i get cycstic acne on my back like crazy all over the place and sometimes on my head

when i take creatine (have taken several times and several types) i get puffy nipples really badly and also more acne!?!!

anyone experience this or have a explanation or a way i can get more protein?

gbrice75 is offline AR's Diet Pimp! ~HOF~
    I doubt creatine is causing puffy nipples and acne. If you think it is, drop the creatine, it's certainly not a necessity to supplement. Perhaps the problem is the gear you're running??

As for protein being an issue - c'mon man, it's essential to life. you're not getting 'backnee' from eating the very thing your body is built of. Drop the gear, or run an ancillary at the very least because something tells me you're not.

i never said the problem was during gear....this has been a problem for a long time idk if its all the processed shit in the proteins, no protein out there is 100 protein. i have only tried whey is there a better source to try? and i currently dont have it on gear since i stopped taking the protein and creatine. real story though man i got puffy nipples and terrible cystic acne from just taking creatine and protein, dropped the creatine and still had the problem for 4-5 months, then when i dropped the protein, it all went away. that was the only stuff i was ever taking...

100% protein*

Strange, never heard of that issue before but yea - forget about the creatine, you don't need it. You might have an issue with something in milk products, maybe an allergy, idk. Stay away from whey and casein. If you are looking for alternative protein supplements, you can go with egg (would be my choice), soy (I don't like it personally)... they even make beef protein powder now but I've never tried it so cannot attest to whether or not it's decent. Sounds gross, but who knows.

Turkish Juicer is offline Knowledgeable Member
    You should also look into alternative protein sources like Pea, Hemp and Rice protein. There are some pretty good brands out there. They are better alternatives to Soy, IMO.

I can help you with your search for a protein that will not give you acne and other irritating stuff if you need help with this.

--->>405<<--- is offline Elite-AR-Hall of Famer
    or how bout just eat a piece of chicken?????

JohnnyVegas is offline Knowledgeable Member- Recognized Member Winner - $100
    Have you had allergy tests done? I am fascinated to hear how protein (or additives) would cause those symptoms. Very interesting.

ya its astounding to me...i can drink gatorade protein drinks (shitty drinks with tons of sugar and only 16g protein) with no problems with acne etc. I have a dr appointment next week to find out, the thing is i use to drink alllllllllllll the time and eat tons of dairy (which i cut out to cut down fat). . . and never had the same issue. its strange and frustrating to me trust me! i just dont want to go try another source and have another really bad break out for a few months now that its almost summer! should i just step up on the food?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyVegas View Post
    Have you had allergy tests done? I am fascinated to hear how protein (or additives) would cause those symptoms. Very interesting.
    Good point.

I have met a few people in the past who were diagnosed with protein allergies.

They did not have allergic reactions to all protein sources but guess what, they were all allergic to whey!

ah man you should do me a favor and see what they found worked for them best and what brand!!!!???

Quote Originally Posted by Turkish Juicer View Post
    Good point.

I have met a few people in the past who were diagnosed with protein allergies.

They did not have allergic reactions to all protein sources but guess what, they were all allergic to whey!
    Specifically whey, or milk protein in general?

Quote Originally Posted by gbrice75 View Post
    Specifically whey, or milk protein in general?
    Specifically to whey.

One of these guys was also allergic to the protein in eggs so he had to stick with fish, red meat and chicken.

joebailey1271 is offline Associate Member
    Blog Entries
    may be the sweetener, sucralose makes me itch all over, i get the whey with no flavor or one with stevia now, but if u have the syptoms u say, then i wouldnt use it at all and get some blood work done, something else is going on, especially if u used and didnt do pct properly

Quote Originally Posted by Cougars509 View Post
    ah man you should do me a favor and see what they found worked for them best and what brand!!!!???
    What have worked for them may not work for you.

Where do you live?

Look into alternatives like Hemp, Pea, Rice and Beef Protein.

hey thanks guys! ill be talking to my doctor about this and ill let you know!

Thread Information