MickeyKnox is offline Banned

The paleolithic diet

just wondering if anyone here has used this diet when on cycle or working out? if so, what were your results, notes, or findings?

The essentials of the Paleolithic Diet are:

Eat none of the following:

· Grains- including bread, pasta, noodles

· Beans- including string beans, kidney beans, lentils, peanuts, snow-peas and peas

· Potatoes

· Dairy products

· Sugar

· Salt

Eat the following:

· Meat, chicken and fish

· Eggs

· Fruit

· Vegetables (especially root vegetables, but definitely not including potatoes or sweet potatoes)

· Nuts, eg. walnuts, brazil nuts, macadamia, almond. Do not eat peanuts (a bean) or cashews (a family of their own)

· Berries- strawberries, blueberries, raspberries etc.

Try to increase your intake of:

· Root vegetables- carrots, turnips, parsnips, rutabagas, Swedes

· Organ meats- liver and kidneys (I accept that many people find these unpalatable and won’t eat them)

Expect some minor tuning problems- don’t worry, you can deal with them:

· It will take some time for your body to adjust to the changes after all these years. There is a huge surge in your vitamin intake. There is a huge decrease in your toxin intake.

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    no. i just stick to my macros. nothing wrong with eating rolled oats or sweet potatos. and i usually only eat fruit post workout, so i don't think this diet would work for me.

MickeyKnox is offline Banned
    thanks Roman. i thought this was quite interesting and wondered if anyone here has incorporated this diet while working out.

this particular diet goes on to say, amongst other things, that;

(copy and paste) --> Grains, Beans and Potatoes (GBP) are all toxic when raw- there is no doubt about this- it is a fact that no competent source would dispute- they can be extremely dangerous and it is important never to eat them raw or undercooked. These toxins include enzyme blockers, lectins and other types.

· Cooking destroys most but not all of the toxins. Insufficient cooking can lead to sickness such as acute gastroenteritis.

· They are all rich sources of carbohydrate, and once cooked this is often rapidly digestible-giving a high gly***ic index (sugar spike).

· They are extremely poor sources of vitamins (particularly vitamins A, B-group, folic acid and C), minerals, antioxidants and phytosterols.

Therefore diets high in grains beans and potatoes (GBP):

· Contain toxins in small amounts

· Have a high gly***ic index (ie have a similar effect to raw sugar on blood glucose levels)

· Are low in many vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and phytosterols- ie they are the original "empty calories"

· Have problems caused by the GBP displacing other foods

Times Roman is offline Anabolic Member
    when i don't work out, if i'm heavy, i'll start out with an atkins and then two months later switch over to a south beach, neither of which are sufficient if you are a weight lifter.

and i'm not so sure about the claims that raw or undercooked gdp would be toxic. I've eaten plenty of raw rolled oats in my shaker cup with never a problem

SexySweetheart is offline "Decide you want it ƸӜƷ more than your afraid of it"Recognized Member Winner - $100
    we loved the paleo diet.. and dropped weight

but like the 4hour body diet better and had more weight loss/ faster results that didnt plat as much

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    yes, i have done it before when training for a triathlon. i like and try to still follow it some. i think spywizard is doing it as well so he will prob chime in also.

Thread Information