Thread: 18 hour flight

dumb_aas is offline Junior Member

18 hour flight

Hey guys I just learned this morning that tomorrow I have a 18 hour flight. The problem is I have no idea how I'm going to pull off hitting my numbers. I consume 3,800 calories daily. I have a 3 hour flight then an hour layover before the 15 hours. Any advice on how you would tackle this would be greatly appreciated!
    Should I just try eating as much slow digesting proteins during my layover as possible?

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Reckon you can take on some pre made shakes of casein and oats and a bit of fruit? Definitely have something real to eat on your layover. I hate rote in bars but they normally accompany me on a long flight.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thanks man, I actually tried that for a flight a few months ago and TSA stepped in. Which is ridiculous because at the same time I sent 2 vials of unprescribed test through the scanners without a problem

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    One question...

do you compete?
    Cuz if not... then you really shouldnt be worrying this much about this topic.

This would be a case where fasting would come in handy.

Eat most of your food for the day before and during the first flight. Then finish the calories for the day during the layover.

Then fast for the 15 hours.

You wont just shrink.

Our bodies dont magically lose muscle/weight over one day.

Or you can just say screw it and...
    Eat when and what you can. Then the NEXT day, when you are landed... eat over your daily calorie intake to make up for the day before if you didnt get all your calories in.

Your body doesnt know what day it is. It just uses what you give it.

Its really not the end of the world.

No, no competing. What you're saying makes sense but my AA sponsor has had me hooked on perfecting everything with my body since I was 18, it's just become a mental thing. Ive had the mindset that if I slip up I could go downhill again so it's weird to slack off even for a day

Dukkit is offline Vitamin Enhanced Sociopathic Post Whore
    I understand that. Ive been drug free for over 6 years.

Then Id say your best bet is to eat as many cals as you can before and during the flights.

And if you miss a few cals... then when you get off the plan... finish with your cal intake.

Not too hard.

Just bring a few shaker cups. Put a scoop or 2 of casien in them, and serving or 2 of oats, before you leave for airport. Get water from the flight attendant, mix and drink. And there ya go... you have your complex carbs and slow proteins. Bring a bottle of fish oils with you and you have your healthy fats.

All these meals you can eat on the plane.

Before your flight and during your layover... eat at the airport. They have shops with wraps, grilled chicken, salads, protein bars. Etc.

Youll be okay man

Thanks for the help I do appreciate it. I'll take your advice, now I just need to stick up on a couple more shakers.

wmaousley is offline American Bedoo
    Sounds like some of my flights home, but they are usually 20+ hours

Thread Information