Thread: Veggies

Lil man is offline Associate Member

Veggies

I am adding a lot of calories and macros to my daily intake as suggested. I am also adding veggies in as suggested. My question is, as dumb as it may be, why veggies? it was suggested an I have faith in you guys but I hate them. I eat sweet potatoes and oatmeal which is pretty much all cause I'm a meat eater. I have always disliked vegetables. With that said, why is broccoli and such suggested for a bulk diet?
    Last edited by Lil man; 05-20-2012 at 02:03 PM. Reason: Clothes instead of calories. Dumb iPhone

JohnnnyBlazzze is offline Knowledgeable Member
    Alot of clothes? hopefully your not eating t-shirts or something.

Veggies are full of vitamins and nutrients as well as dietary fibers. I can tell you that when i didn't include veggies in my diet I had trouble shitting, not something you want when you are eating a high protein diet.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    Adding clothes and macro's?

Veggies contain fibre, vitamins, minerals as well as phytonutrients/chemicals. Green fibrous veg are recommended when cutting as they are low in sugars and calories.

When bulking I'm happy to add in carrots, peppers etc here and there.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Sorry fellas. Wouldn't the fiber be a bad thing in a situation where eating enough already is difficult?

Quote Originally Posted by Lil man
    Sorry fellas. Wouldn't the fiber be a bad thing in a situation where eating enough already is difficult?
    In a word, no. You don't like veggies but in this game we ll have to do things we don't like to reap the full rewards whether it's eying at a deficit or surplus, doing that final rep, getting up at 5am to do cardio.

Eating veggies is the easiest thing to do. Eat them first in your meal and find a vegetable that you dislike least, there are plenty of choices!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Quote Originally Posted by SteM View Post
    In a word, no. You don't like veggies but in this game we ll have to do things we don't like to reap the full rewards whether it's eying at a deficit or surplus, doing that final rep, getting up at 5am to do cardio.

Eating veggies is the easiest thing to do. Eat them first in your meal and find a vegetable that you dislike least, there are plenty of choices!
    Like I said I'm gonna do it but I needed confirmation I guess to make me feel better. I've eaten so many damn sweet potatoes lately that I'm turning orange. Btw I hate them too. I appreciate you guys much. Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Lil man

Like I said I'm gonna do it but I needed confirmation I guess to make me feel better. I've eaten so many damn sweet potatoes lately that I'm turning orange. Btw I hate them too. I appreciate you guys much. Thank you
    I dislike sweet potatoes but used them as a pre workout meal exclusively when cutting. I switched to porridge recently and I haven't noticed a difference in workouts. I ingest less beta carotene I guess but that's no biggie I have a varied diet in terms of veg anyway. I don't eat anything I dislike anymore.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

thebrightestnight is offline New Member
    Throw some onions, mushrooms, and peppers on your steaks and pork chops. Or just stick with the meat and just drink V-8 or vegetable juice. Less filling, easy to consume, and nutritious. If you're worried about it being high in sodium, fortunately it also comes in sodium free form(It just tastes like shit)[or worse if you already don't like it]. Since you like don't like vegetables you may not like the V-8 alternative... The juice may not be quite as healthy as the actual vegetable because it's processed and probably has unnatural additives, but still a good source of nutrients because it's a variety of vegetable juices in one. The main ingredient seems like the tomato(tomato paste), which is technically a fruit...but still mostly good for you none the less.

Thread Information