technodrome is offline Junior Member

How far can i push this fat loss/calorie deficit...???

So... I basically just did a 2.5 month bulking cycle. I put on more then 30 pounds. Very good. However i put on more fat then i should have.

I was eating 300 to 400 calories above my TDEE. It worked.

Now, i want to quickly shred the extra fat i put on. So of course everyone recomends the 40/40/20 Macro profile with about a 500 calorie deficit. So i started with that. No problems. I wasn't hungry at all. No strength loss. So i push it to 60/30/10 (protein, carbs, fat) Still no problems

My TDEE is 3750. When i cut my calories to 3250 no problems, lots of energy. When i went down to 3000 no problems, I just said **** it. For the past 3 days i've been at 2000 to 2400 Calories. Todays macros were 71/18/12

I know most people don't recomend this, But i've still been having all kinds of strength gains all week as i've been lowering the calores.

I strongly think i've been getting away with it and keeping my strength/energy because as soon as i started the calorie restriction i also jumped on the windstrol at the same time.

The question is, Being on windstrol, Can i keep it up?? Or is this just foolish?

Dose anyone else go that far into the calorie restrictions and keep there gains while on winny??

I've never done winny but they say it will protect your gains while in a caloric deficit..!!

I want to keep the muscle/strength. But i'd like to shred that little layer of fat that's hiding my 6 pack. And i want to do it in the next 4 weeks before my test/provirion/windstrol cycle is finished.

I'd think 4 more weeks wouldn't be enough to loose the extra fat, but if i really push the diet hard and keep doing an hour cardio every day then just maybe.

Let me know your thoughts.

Heres a bit on my diet

Today's meals for example

9am 80 grams of fruit, protein shake

10am 200 grams boneless chicken breast and 60 grams brown rice

12am 50 grams white rice, 50 grams chicken, 50 grams mango shake with sugar/ice, protein shake, 2 eggs

3pm 200 grams chicken with mixed veggies stir fry (no oil), Protein shake

6pm Protein shake, 2 fish oil caps, Green salad with fat free sauce

8pm Protein shake, 200 grams chicken breast with hot sauce

Before bed, Cessian shake

Usually i'd throw in more eggs, and lots more carbs, But that's what i've been having these last few days. Sometimes change the chicken up for tilapia, sometimes some red meat but only once per week.

Can i get away with this or should i just eat more???

In case you were wondering my dose is
    test enth 500mg/week
    proviron 50mg/day
    Windstrol 40 mg/day

I took 20 mg of dbol per day for the first 4 weeks of the cycle and i've been on .25 mg adex EOD and 250 iu of HCG twice per week.

Thanks
    Last edited by technodrome; 05-24-2012 at 11:04 AM.

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    And what do you plan on doing to your diet during PCT?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

And what are your stats to have a tdee of 3750?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Well that's just the thing.. I know that i'm going to have to again go above my tdee for PCT and switch over to lower volume workouts. So thats why i wanted to lose the fat now before that time comes. During my PCT i'll keep the calories up but eat cleaner then i did during my initial bulk. Hopefully not take on much more fat or at least take it on at a far slower rate.

My stats are

30 years old
    6'2 (189 cm)
    221 pounds (100 kg)
    Last edited by technodrome; 05-24-2012 at 11:23 AM.

Bodyfat?

You are right about increasing cals/carbs on pct but you could add clen to the mix?!
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Body-fat i have no idea.. But i'm fairly lean. I have like 0.5 cm of fat on all my back/chest and maybe 1 cm on my upper stomic and 3 cm on lower abs.. So i could guess 15%.. Not sure.....

I didn't want to take clen because i've read it can feel speedy. I don't like anything like that, weather its caffeine, ephedrine, or recreational speed i just don't like those kind of things, they cause anxiety for me more so then other people...

I'm struggling to understand your tdee of 3750, have you run that at maintenance? What's the day job?

Can you post a pic or 2 to guesstimate bf?
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Sorry for the slow reply. Been busy. Here's 2 pics i just snapped. I haven't got a pump on at all.

So ya, I calculated my TDEE using the Harris-Benedict Formula

I got 2440 as a Base Metabolic Rate. X1.55 for the middle activity rating of 3-5 sports activity per week. (thats underestimating because i workout 5 days per week and do cardio 6 days per week)

2440x1.55= 3782 TDEE

Men: BMR = 66 + (13.7 x weight in kg) + (5 x height in cm) - (6.8 x age in years)

So for me as i was 88 KG when i last calculated (3 months ago), 188 cm and 30 years old

66 + 1205 + 940 + 204 =2440 BMR

So now you see, Ya i look skinny, ya its my first cycle, Ya i've been out of shape but my tdee is in fact 3750. ISH.. I haven't done a new one since i was 88kg.. Now i am 97 KG. My tdee would actually a bit higher now. Just one week ago i was 100 KG before i stopped taking creitine.

I look skinnier then alot of guys who are at 97 kg, I guess i have a big frame/bone structure. Only going to help me in the long run.

Back to the original question. Can i go as low as 2000 Calories per day so long as i feel energetic and strong enough to keep making strength gains??

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may 25.JPG 
Views:	166 
Size:	55.1 KB 
ID:	123359Click image for larger version. 

Name:	may 25-2.JPG 
Views:	202 
Size:	54.2 KB 
ID:	123360

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    You won't make strength gains on a cut. Maybe at first you can. If you did 400 above TDEE to bulk then do 500 below to cut. There is no way to "cut fat fast" as you say. It takes a wh ile just like the bulk. If you try and go fast and cut more than 1000 below TDEE then your body will shutdown, metabolism, hormones, etc. Just do 500 below or around that and maybe add in some carb cycling.

You good idea. I'll be looking into and reading up on carb cycling. But by the sounds of it cycle lower carb days with normal carb days??

Let me see what i can find on the topic....!!!!

Brohim is offline Senior Member
    what has worked for me is 55 grams of carbs for a week then double it the next week to 110

Use the latch Mcardle formula, not Harris. And I would use a multiplier of, probably, 1.4. That will give you a much better idea of your tdee.
    NO SOURCES GIVEN

Thread Information