Ishallnocheatmyself is offline Associate Member

Calling all diabetics and people knowlegeable with insulin

Well it starts off when i was 3 months of age i had hyper active pancrheas and to fix it they removed 95% of my pancreas, i was at risk of diabetes and they told me i would probably get it before i turned 10 years of age. Once a year every year from age 1 to 10 i had to go in and get blood work ( which i hated) and every thing was working perfectly and there was no sign of my pancreas failing. at age 12 i stopped getting blood work ( dumb) because i hated it so much and i felt perfectly fine and was scared that id actually have diabetes and as long as i didnt go to the doctor i wouldnt get it...anyways along the way i grew up fairly healthy until 14 i broke my ankle and became very inactive because i couldnt play sports and i gained alot of fat especially from hitting puberty ( i think i went 125-165 in one summer when i was 14) and ive struggled a bit since then to have any kind of lean physique.

Here i am at age 21 at about 25% bf from poor eating habbits wanting to make a change. Ive been following a very strict diet that matches up to my tdee with a 400 calorie deficit along with lifting weights 4-5 times a week.6'

Stats as follows
    6'2
    241 lbs
    25% ? bf
    ive been following a diet of approx 45g fat 120-160g carbs 300g protein and have went from 254-240lbs
    Only carbs are from oatmeal for breakfast and some brown rice /veggies/. All proteins are lean sources of protein(95%5% beef) chicken tuna etcs.

The weight/fat has come off a little bit in my moving limbs and shoulders/upper back but the hips and thighs remain fat as hell and i was talking to someone recently about the possibility of insulin deficiancy causing the stubborn fat and reason for it not coming off over the years when i tried to work out and eat healthy.

I follow my diet as much as possible. I only drink water / soda water eat no sweets/ no alchohal/no drugs but the hips remain.

Diet
    6:00
    Fasted cardio ( starting this tommrow)
    7:30
    1 1/2 cups oatmeal
    3.6g fat 38g carb 9g protein
    550g egg white
    .8g fat 4g carb 60g protein

4.4g fat 42 g carb 70g protein
    505 calories

snack 10ish

whey shake w/tbsp natural peanut butthair
    38g protein 8g carb 5g fat
    152 calories

LUNCH
    12:30-1:30

12 0z haddock
    1/8th cup chopped onion
    3cups spinach
    1cup wild rice

85g protein 37g carb 15g fat

623 calories

4:30

5 oz chicken breast or can of tuna
    1 cup wild rice
    49 protein 3g fat 37g carb

371 calories ( pre workout)

Workout 6-8

PWO handful of blue berrys + Whey protein shake
    2 scoopss
    51g protein 30 g carb 3g fat
    314cal

supper 730ish-830ish ( approx 30 mins after PWO shake

12oz boneless skinless chic breast
    2 cups brocoli / green beans

107g protein 15 g carb 11 g fat
    10pm - i may eat some cottage cheese here or a shake of water and whey if im starving.

400g(1600) pro 154g (616) carb 41.4g fat (372.6)
    total cals 2588.6

Goal- Get in a healthy body fat range and move on to a low enough bodyfat to start gaining some real lean muscle.
    Also- haven't seen my abs in....since i broke my ankle so if i can see them by the new year ill be a happy camper

Cheers to 405 for the tdee and calorie intake for proper deficit. Um not too much hate please, im just looking for more guidance and ive been going back to the gym for about a month and a half now and have made good strength gains and lost fat, Just came here to see if you guys could fix up my diet if needed and if i were to be given insulin injections where i should change my diet so that i dont gain more fat? If there are any diabetics out there or anyone knowlegeable about taking insulin and dont want to post in here feel free to pm me I go for blood work in 2 days, hopefully my blood sugar has stablized itsself and pancreas is just a champ and takes on the full load of a full sized one.

Sorry for having my thoughts and words all over the place its 2 am and im tired as hell thanks!@!!@!@!@ love u all

bump- and can a admin change the title to something along the lines of ``help me with my diet ``

bump

Back In Black is offline Beach Bodybuilder ~Elite-Hall of Fame~
    That is a sh1tload of protein to try and get through and your carbs may be a little low, particularly around your workout when you are more likely to go Hypo. Had any adverse effects either fasted cardio or during lifting?

What about 7 meals? Feel good with that? Feel ok with less meals or feel like you are going to crash?

AD
    AD is offline Knowledgeable Member
    curious about your surgery as an infant. was it for pancreatitis?

and currently. recently. have you had any blood test to confirm if you're diabetic or not?

you're right, the title is a little confusing.

I know right im trying to get a mod to switch it, it was for something called some really long name starting with N but it was a form of pancreatitis, ive had no recent blood work done but im booking an appointment soon as the docs are off strike...

No adverse affects from fasted cardio in the morning.
    @stem should i move more of the morning carbs to before and after workout?

GirlyGymRat is offline Knowledgeable Elite ~ Respected Female Leader ~
    Hi! You are making great decision to join this board and get on this forum. Some really awesome folks will help you out. Also, I have some experience about losing weight, but we are like opposites. I am short and you are really tall....lucky for you! You can carry more weight then me and "hide" it easily, I think??? I lose weight from limbs and extremities first and my gut last. Stubborn areas are the last to go....and life is not fair! TDEE calculations can be tricky. If I followed it, I would be eating too much food

Any reason you are eating so much protein?
    How is your diet different on non workout days....do you cut out some carb and fat and protein???
    do you luv peanut butter as much as I ONCE did??
    can u find a healthy fat to eat in your diet rather then the peanut butter???
    what purpose is the carbs at lunch?
    It seems that your calories are high for a cutting cycle. I was 175 and at 1600 when I first started my journey. now at 135 and at 1300 - 1500 when I eat clean

you can do this but will not be overnight. I am thrilled that you focused on diet first and not looking for a quick fix.

Um, i dont think my calories are too high as im 235lbs down from 255 and i was told i was 25% ish . Also the high protein is because i dont want to fill up my calories for the day with uneeded energy so they just end up being in the diet as a repla***ent for carbs and fat, id rather eat the protein.. Non workout days i usually consume 25%less calories and less carbs , every day is a workout day because on off days ill still go and do cardio. Im on the same boat with you on the stubborn fat leaving last... my arms/upper back lean out way before my hips even move.. my just above hips leans out too making hips look bigger lol!. Im actually consuming more like 2200 cals 300-350g pro 150g carb 40g fat

post a picture if you are comfortable because the guys here can give you a good estimate on bf%. no nudes allowed. but full body in sports bra and shorts is ok. do a front, side and back if you are able. My pre and post are in my thread on page 8ish I think. They were taken about 8 months back and there is only so much I can do with mirrors LOL!

I still think the protein is high for you but seems like you lost 6 pounds since your post on 5/26 so you are doing well with the plan you posted in #1. You are doing great then!

gixxerboy1 is offline ~VET~ Extraordinaire~
    I'm a diabetic. First off you need to goto the dr and get tested. You may not be diabetic. You many need shots or pills. You wont know unless you get tested.
    There are tons of health risk for you not going. And if your are its going to be hard to loose weight not taking meds
    If people can't tell your on steroids then your doing them wrong

OK, thanks gixxer its really hard right now to get an appointment because of the nurse strike, will do asap... and to girlgymrat... i dont think ill need a sports bra.. my man boobs are only small ahahha

gosh I feel like a dah!!!!

Anyways, I am diabetic. When I was heavier, doc wanted me to go on insulin and I said, uh no, give me 4 months to get my act together thru diet and exercise. I take oral meds now to control sugar with diet and they do help me loose weight too. Do see a doctor!

Can u pm me the name i might just mention the pill to him after my tests incase they want me to do the same. Sorry i didnt state my gender, thats a big ass women though 6'3

AD
    testing your blood sugar is really simple, just a drop of blood from your finger. don't you have any folks who are diabetic and have a gluco-meter? if you really can't get a dr appointment, just test it yourself.

but i am guessing you're not diabetic. else you would have showed some symptoms by now, with so many years without treatment.

Quote Originally Posted by asiandude View Post
    testing your blood sugar is really simple, just a drop of blood from your finger. don't you have any folks who are diabetic and have a gluco-meter? if you really can't get a dr appointment, just test it yourself.

but i am guessing you're not diabetic. else you would have showed some symptoms by now, with so many years without treatment.
    alot of people are type 2 and dont know.
    also a glucose meter only says what he is at that moment. So if its in range at that time doesnt mean he isnt diabetic. They typically do other test to determine if your a diabetic

AD
    Test your sugar first thing in the morning before breakfast. If its below 6mmol/L or 108mg/dL, you're almost definitely not diabetic. If between 6-7 or 108-125 respectively, then its a borderline case. You might need more test like a glucose challenge test. If its more than 7 or 125 respectively, then almost definitely you're diabetic, although by definition you need 2 high readings to confirm diagnosis.

Op is worried about diabetes due the childhood surgery. Which put him at risk of almost a type 1 diabetes. Which should start happening right after surgery. If it didnt happen, then his risk of getting type 2 in the future shouldnt be more than the general population. Which is why i think he should be in the clear.

AD
    What units do you guys use by the way?

RaginCajun is offline Pissing Excellence!
    go get an A-1-C test done and that will help tell if you are a diabetic or not. it will show your blood glucose range from the past 3 months, i think

AD
    That is to measure the control of diabetes, not so much for diagnosis.

That is to measure the control of diabetes, not so much for diagnosis.
    The A1C test is a common blood test used to diagnose type 1 and type 2 diabetes and then to gauge how well you're managing your diabetes. The A1C test goes by many other names, including glycated hemoglobin, glycosylated hemoglobin, hemoglobin A1C and HbA1c. you were half right

AD
    Do you feel that fasting blood sugar level is inferior to HbA1c as a diagnostic tool for diabetes?

Do you feel that fasting blood sugar level is inferior to HbA1c as a diagnostic tool for diabetes?
    i do. Because fasting agian is just 1 moment. Even with diabetes it could come back nornal

The a1c will look at a 3 month average. If you arent diabetic it will be in a good range. If you are diabetic and not taking meds it will be obvious

AD
    Maybe you're right. I am curious to find out what test the dr would do for op... Or what tests were done during the early follow up as a child.

what gixx said. the higher the number on the A1C test, the less control one has of controling his/her insulin , which would be a good indicator of diagnosing.

AD
    If you look at WHO diagnostic criteria, the use of A1c was actually rejected in a 2006 review, and only approved in a 2011 review, but with a clause. If A1c is less then 6.5%, its not accurate as a negative for diabetes. You still need to test your blood sugar level, either fasting or 2hr PP on the OGTT.

If you look at WHO diagnostic criteria, the use of A1c was actually rejected in a 2006 review, and only approved in a 2011 review, but with a clause. If A1c is less then 6.5%, its not accurate as a negative for diabetes. You still need to test your blood sugar level, either fasting or 2hr PP on the OGTT.
    i would agree with that. If its normal it doesnt mean you arent diabetic. But if its high, yes you are

OP did you go get tested yet?

Quote Originally Posted by Ishallnocheatmyself View Post
    just mention the pill to him after my tests incase they want me to do the same. 6'3
    i take it u r waiting for test result?!?

Thread Information